Modding my Lian Li V2000

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Strader

Modding my Lian Li V2000

Post by Strader »

Hey guys I want to mod my Lian Li V2000, now what I have in mind is building in a watercooled system, since the case has oodles of space, now I have plenty of ideas ext. ext. but what I wanna know is where can I do the mods, I live in jhb. so if you know anyone over here thats good, please let me know, cause its such a beatiful case I dont wanna ruin it by taking it to someone that wil do a ****** job.

Then can someone tell me if the Coolance Exos-2 is any good, cause I can get one for a resonable price & would that be possible to build that into this case.

Thx for all replies & advice.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Why not just do it yourself?

I have one too which i'll start modding in the new year. I'm looking forward to it, and hoping i don't screw anything up :P

EDIT: By the way, where did you get yours?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Strader

Post by Strader »

Well I dont have the equipment to do things like that, I'm gonna model my case next week on Inventor to see what it will look like, I'll post the jpegs for the ideas I have for it, if I get it done in time before the holidays that is.

I bought it 2nd hand, but the case is spotless, nothing wrong with it not even scratches.

If I cant somehow build a watercooling system into it I might have to sell it.
Hopefully you guys can help me out there, so I dont have to sell it.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

There's enough space in these V2000 cases to build 5 watercooling systems in, so don't worry about that ;)
Strader

Post by Strader »

Hehe thats what I was hoping for :lol:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

By the way, i HIGHLY doubt you'll find anyone to mod your case for you. Being an experienced case modder, i know how easy it is to screw up, and i wouldn't trust a case like the V2000 with anyone.
StoneIce

Post by StoneIce »

You want to mod a Lian Li V2000 case. WOW you r lucky!!!
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

I got one of these on order :-) Also going to go water cooling for it, will start mine next year feb. Hopefully I can get some hardware sponsered to go into it otherwise its going to be a empty case.
Strader

Post by Strader »

Well what I'm looking for is just someone to do the cutting like for instance waterjet cutting company that will do something like that. Doesn't need to be waterjet cutting just as long as its neat & not damage the case.

The planning for it is up to me the job I want someone to do it cause I dont have the equipment to cut al.

Have you thought about how you ganna build in filters for your V2000 cause I see a massive problem for dust in that case.
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Dust? Na I dont see a problem with dust, just intake fans must have some filtration happening there. my stacker doesnt get dusty at all and its got 7 120mm fans in it.