Angry reader !!!

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
rusty3280

Angry reader !!!

Post by rusty3280 »

I have for a long time been a pcf subscriber, but could not subscribe the last couple of months. I stay in Betty's Bay and the 2 shops here doesnt sell pcf, so whenever I get to the mall I purchase a copy. Friday I bought a pcf at CNA in Somerset Mall which is about 120km from Betty's Bay. Only to get home and find out that there is no dvd in the dvd cover and that my magazine is only 62 pages. According to the index there should at least be 98! I was so upset that I there and then put the mag back into the plastic wrapping and threw it in the trash. I dont even want to read it!! Its not worth my while driving all the way to the mall to exchange it. I called CNA about this, but the manager is not in today. This is clearly unexceptable.
SurvivOrX

True.

Post by SurvivOrX »

Well I usually get the magazine, just the discs are always ****** up! I mean it works first time, then the next time, nothing works!

I couldnt get the Bioshock demo work, files missing.
I couldnt get the Airborn game to work, wouldnt even enter the installer.
Couldnt use the flash when the disc was auto-ran...

It happens all the time with my PCFormat discs, and quite frankly, I give up.
I just read the magazines these days, and toss the disc away, saves me trouble.
Swuys

Post by Swuys »

I stopped buying PCF a long time ago. In my opinion it is a big waste of money as everything in PCF is on the web like 1 month before.

Also, save the trees.
"Cool quote" - Cool guy

Forum troll since 2003.

HI MOM!
SurvivOrX

Post by SurvivOrX »

Swuys
True, but I like to look at the covergirl, and read reviews, im just a sucker for a review :D.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

ok. strange. seems like i missed sumthing. i never had problems with pcf b4. is it just the new issue? or lots of issues? :?
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

If you're having problems with your dvd you probably need to update your dvd drive firmware. Google it.

(lol, so there is people who buy pcf just for the covergirl! I feel sorry for your firmware man :P )
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
badguy

Re: True.

Post by badguy »

SurvivOrX wrote: I couldnt get the Bioshock demo work, files missing.
just look on the disc dont use the flash program then it will work !!!!!!! :roll: :roll:
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

COD demo from th DVD claims the files are corrupt so i cant play it, I was pretty mad
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

Leela: An idea?

I LOVE THIS :-)
TheModDoctor

Post by TheModDoctor »

GatsbyDyt wrote:COD demo from th DVD claims the files are corrupt so i cant play it, I was pretty mad
Really? I had no trouble with the cod demo. But I do remember that the spiderman demo a few issues back didn't want to install... :?
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Clearly you guys are getting inferior black market copies of the mag and DVD's and you should stop supporting crime by buying your mags at street intersections... :wink:
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
GatsbyDyt

Post by GatsbyDyt »

thEnaileDonE wrote:Clearly you guys are getting inferior black market copies of the mag and DVD's and you should stop supporting crime by buying your mags at street intersections... :wink:
I never noticed a CNA in the middle of a street before
Fry: Hey, wait, I'm having one of those things…you know, a headache with pictures.

Leela: An idea?

I LOVE THIS :-)
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Re: Angry reader !!!

Post by KillerByte »

rusty3280 wrote:I have for a long time been a pcf subscriber, but could not subscribe the last couple of months. I stay in Betty's Bay and the 2 shops here doesnt sell pcf, so whenever I get to the mall I purchase a copy. Friday I bought a pcf at CNA in Somerset Mall which is about 120km from Betty's Bay. Only to get home and find out that there is no dvd in the dvd cover and that my magazine is only 62 pages. According to the index there should at least be 98! I was so upset that I there and then put the mag back into the plastic wrapping and threw it in the trash. I dont even want to read it!! Its not worth my while driving all the way to the mall to exchange it. I called CNA about this, but the manager is not in today. This is clearly unexceptable.
WOW!!! Bitchy much? PMS?

Ever heard of emailing or phoning the subscriptions office and maybe organising yourself another copy?
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Get in touch with PCF offices in Johannesburg, they will send you another copy with DVD!
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Angry reader !!!

Post by Cameron_Losco »

rusty3280 wrote:I have for a long time been a pcf subscriber, but could not subscribe the last couple of months. I stay in Betty's Bay and the 2 shops here doesnt sell pcf, so whenever I get to the mall I purchase a copy. Friday I bought a pcf at CNA in Somerset Mall which is about 120km from Betty's Bay. Only to get home and find out that there is no dvd in the dvd cover and that my magazine is only 62 pages. According to the index there should at least be 98! I was so upset that I there and then put the mag back into the plastic wrapping and threw it in the trash. I dont even want to read it!! Its not worth my while driving all the way to the mall to exchange it. I called CNA about this, but the manager is not in today. This is clearly unexceptable.
I think that I spoke to you this morning rusty3280, as discussed on the phone it is really unusual for this to happen but unfortunately there will always be issues when something is mass produced. Anyway, your issue has been resolved and we apologise again for the inconvenience.

SurvivOrX wrote:Well I usually get the magazine, just the discs are always ****** up! I mean it works first time, then the next time, nothing works!

I couldnt get the Bioshock demo work, files missing.
I couldnt get the Airborn game to work, wouldnt even enter the installer.
Couldnt use the flash when the disc was auto-ran...

It happens all the time with my PCFormat discs, and quite frankly, I give up.
I just read the magazines these days, and toss the disc away, saves me trouble.
If there are ever any problems with the cover DVDs we replace them. And if there any major problems with the DVDs we would have heard about it and solved the problem, but I haven't been receiving all that many complaints at all. I think that we had maybe four or five complaints about the November DVD which isn't all that much considering the numbers.
Let me know if you would like us to replace your corrupt DVDs.
Swuys wrote:I stopped buying PCF a long time ago. In my opinion it is a big waste of money as everything in PCF is on the web like 1 month before.

Also, save the trees.
Yes, you are right. Everything is on the Web before it is in the magazine but you could say the same for most magazines and newspapers. Some people still prefer having a hard copy to read off of and enjoy the convenience of the DVD.
GatsbyDyt wrote:COD demo from th DVD claims the files are corrupt so i cant play it, I was pretty mad
Strange because other readers managed to install it without any problems. Try copying the installer from the DVD onto your drive, and then run the installer. If that doesn't work let me know and I will send you a new DVD.
jcd

Post by jcd »

I have been buying the PCFormat for a really long time now, ever since Mars was still editor. My mom sold it in her shop and it got my attention, eversince then I have been buying it each month, And I have NEVER had ANY trouble with the disc, DVD, or magazine.
Intel Core2Duo E8200
Chaintech Nvidia 9600GT
2x 1024mb DDR2-800 Trancsend Ram
Biostar P35D2-A7 MOBO
120GB & 250GB SATA2 HDD
CoolerMaster Elite 333 case.