This blows!

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
b3ast

Post by b3ast »

Slasher wrote:Then something is not reading correctly...

Im sorry, but no PC not on standard regular water will idle at 8... What is your ambient temperature in the room? 15, 20?
Ambient was quite low this morning at around 17.... I agree that i think it's incorrect, but if I can't trust everest to give an accurate reading... what i am going to do is rather take the temp readings from the two core's as opposed to the single CPU temp reading and see if there is anything strange.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Yeah, get some more readings, else just give up on trying to manage the heat...

Not trying to be rude, please dont see it as that...

Just saying that it would not be possible to idle at 8 degrees...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
b3ast

Post by b3ast »

Slasher wrote:Yeah, get some more readings, else just give up on trying to manage the heat...

Then I should probably not mention that this morning it started out at 1 degree :lol:

No something definitely fishy going on in there.... or I have managed to create a vortex so powerful with all the fans that the laws of physics have been suspended.... was wondering why the case was hovering in the air like that.... :lol:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

b3ast wrote:
Slasher wrote:Yeah, get some more readings, else just give up on trying to manage the heat...

Then I should probably not mention that this morning it started out at 1 degree :lol:

No something definitely fishy going on in there.... or I have managed to create a vortex so powerful with all the fans that the laws of physics have been suspended.... was wondering why the case was hovering in the air like that.... :lol:
Just don't go too near the black hole.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

So you have a black hole for a rubbish bin as well as awesome cooling... Sound fun...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
b3ast

Post by b3ast »

schase wrote:
b3ast wrote:

Just don't go too near the black hole.
That would really suck....
Vampyre_2099

Post by Vampyre_2099 »

literally :lol:

Try use core temp or speedfan. (I know alot of people don't like speedfan, but at least it'll give you an idea if everest is playing around). I'd suggest core temp 0.95.4.

0.95.0 resets your pc
mybrute
myminicity
PCformat ZA Folding Stats

ImageImage
Spoiler: (show)
Desktop: Q8200 @ 2.33GHz ~ TRUE ~ DP35DP ~ 4GB Transcend Jetram RAM ~ Nvidia 8800GT ~ 250GB HDD
Notebook: T5550 @ 1.83GHz ~ 2GB RAM ~ ATI HD 2400 XT ~ 160GB HDD
b3ast

Post by b3ast »

Monitoring the core's they idle at around 28-32 degrees depending on ambient and will peak at around 50 under load.

Found the GPU VRM as well... the screencard after two hours of crysis spikes at just over 71 degrees on the VRM and the GPU spikes at around 67... now neither of these temps should be a problem?

This is what the case looks like inside at the moment... will try and tidy it up a bit but for now it's all about funtionality...