This is blatant racism!

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
AJake

This is blatant racism!

Post by AJake »

The Jake is back!
Yes people Alan is alive and kicking and still seeking answers!
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Say What????
AJake

Post by AJake »

You see, All I want to know is why PCFormat uses only white models on the covers! If they are racist just say so, but remember to put a "whites Only" sticker on the cover as well.

I posed this question to Mars, in the past and I know that he was a racist, so he gave me biased answers, Now is the new editor racist as well?
I dont know?
Also, why does PCF hire only "white" staff?
I mean, they hired a new "white" editor! And please dont say that she is the only qualified person to do the job, cuase I kow that not to be true!

Anyway, Is Tamsini a racist?
Maybe, I dunno! This isn't an attck on her, just on the PCFormat brand!
Why not use models of other races on your covers?
AJake

Post by AJake »

You guys remember me, well I am back mfwethu!
v1c

Post by v1c »

Target market, there are more white IT males, therefore WHITE FEMALE models are better for marketing. If the IT comunity was mainly black females there would be BLACK MALE models to appeal to that sector.

v1c
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Hey, who really gives a cr@p? I could not care less what the skin colour of anyone is. They can put what they and who they like on the cover!
Tamsini is most assuredly not a racist, nor are any of the Intelligence staff.
No racist magazine would survive in SA today; surely we are beyond this type of nonsense now?
I cannot believe that you serious?
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

hola mfowethu

ur funny :D :D
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
1338_h4x0r

Post by 1338_h4x0r »

i dont care if people are green, yellow, black, white, people are people. thats it period
my preciousssss.... nassssssssty hobbitses has the preciousssss.... we must have the PRECIOUSSSSSS!!!
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Actually, I think Alan has a point. Just as I do when I ask why there can't be a male on the cover instead of some bimbo in a designer black garbage bag dress (see PCF October 2003/79) :roll: The problem is not racism as such. I think it is lack of progressive thinking and limiting your target market. But we've been through all this before and it is getting us nowhere because She Who is Editor (what happened to Editresses?) must be obeyed.

:wink:

Happy New Year Tamsin and Crew!
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

My dear Madgic

While I can see where you are coming from I do not think that the issue of gender equality and racism quite equate! I think that Alan (whom you obviously know) is just a stirrer!
The issue of racism and apartheid is still, even after ten years a sensitive subject. It should not be but it is. I think if the older generation can start making some inroads into acceptance of the status quo, putting affirmative action, quotas and the like behind them, I expect all to attempt the same, regardless of colour.

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
DarkStreetDevelopment

Post by DarkStreetDevelopment »

AJake wrote:You see, All I want to know is why PCFormat uses only white models on the covers! If they are racist just say so, but remember to put a "whites Only" sticker on the cover as well.

I posed this question to Mars, in the past and I know that he was a racist, so he gave me biased answers, Now is the new editor racist as well?
I dont know?
I mean, they hired a new "white" editor! And please dont say that she is the only qualified person to do the job, cuase I kow that not to be true!

So damn what if they use white models on their magazines or if they only employ white staff (which is untrue, BTW)! It's THEIR magazine! What would you do if I told you how to eat your food?

All of this will just go in circles. Here's a question for you mr. Self-righteous : Why do we have a BLACK president?

See how these questions will bring us nowhere?
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Hey, DarkStreet, whanna hear some history and why we have a black president?

hear it is:

Appartheid didnt work...... the end

BTW, by telling PCF to put other models on the mag is violating there right to publish what they want.
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Lancelot, whether it is race discrimination of sex/gender discrimination it is still discrimination.
While I can see where you are coming from I do not think that the issue of gender equality and racism quite equate! I think that Alan (whom you obviously know) is just a stirrer!
I've been "gender bashed" in a so-called man's world where women should not have dared to tread. Being a male, you really have no idea of the cr@p that most women have to put up with. Dammit, I'm not knocking men as a group - (I happen to prefer men's company to women's :wink: ) but it is an extreme form of discrimination.

And No, I don't know Alan except for coming across him when I used to visit Planetmars quite some time ago.

And just think how many "people of color" use computers these days. I know they'd be very chuffed to see some brown sugar on the cover!

BTW Just a thought . . . Have you ever seen an Albino? They're blonde aren't they? But they're also "black". They get discriminated against by everybody. Imagine being a female Albino *sigh* trying to make it in the business world . . . :idea:

There's nothing wrong with stirring if it is done to make y'all catch a wakeup and it is not done with ill manners.

8)
When life kicks you in the guts, you better be ready . . . or go to gym and build up your 6-pack!
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Madgic, this is old news. I myself was actually glad to see woman at LANs and computer courses.

WTF is the problem with woman gaming and such :?: :?: :?:
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

this is old news
yeah, you got that right. Same old same old.

But just think what an impact the mag could have in Africa :wink: but it will never happen.

Cheers

8)
HarryPutter

Post by HarryPutter »

AJake wrote:You see, All I want to know is why PCFormat uses only white models on the covers! If they are racist just say so, but remember to put a "whites Only" sticker on the cover as well.

I dont know?

Anyway, Is Tamsini a racist?
Maybe, I dunno! This isn't an attck on her, just on the PCFormat brand!
Yes, and I would also like to add that all the sigaret companies in SA are racist !! Why do they make only white sigarets and not black ones ??

AJake, The one that sees colour in everything is the actual racist.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

ROFLMAO
MonicanSpy

Post by MonicanSpy »

That cheeses me off when all someone can see is colour in things. I think all races...my race included...should wake up and smell the coffee...let's look past race and get all our real problems sorted out. South Africa actually has serious things to worry about. :roll:

-edited by onlyone - swearing.
brabham

Post by brabham »

I dont know why I'm posting here. I really shouldn't, but I feel I want to.

Heck everyone else is doing it so I guess I may as well just fall in line.

So racism in the mag hey...lets see now. I can see how someone with a skewed sense of reality could come up with that kind of idea.

Or perhaps its just another guy trying to influence our thoughts...errr erm...or rather the thoughts of the decision makers at the mag since we simple plebs dont really count...into following his agenda of getting a black women on the cover of the mag cos thats his sick little fantasy. Or perhaps Jake/Alan/whoever-he/she-really-is is actually a black girl trying to get her face on our mag. Ag no I've done it again. Its not our mag its their mag. We just read it and pay them for the priviledge.

have you had enough of these stupid conspiracy theories yet? I know I have.

Frankly, I don't care anymore either. Why should I? No-one else does.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

This sounds like that "Springboks are racist" thing.
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Aw c'mon. Most South African mags have blacks and whites on their covers, also inside. :lol: O gats! Now I sound like the Cremora ad!

It's not inside . . . and it's Not on Top! :twisted:

You know what we need is a big old injection of FUN!

:?: :idea: :?:

How can I do a virtual apple pie bed for Dr Jung? The Ward needs to get the doors swinging before the hinges rust shut!

:roll:
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

A bed made from virtual pies? Or a virtual bed made from pies? :?
Madgic

Post by Madgic »

Hey Psych child, you mean you've never apple pied someone's bed?! 8O

Re-do the sheets so they're folded across the width of the bed halfway down so when they climb in their feet hit the fold and they can't just slide in all comfy like? Syrup squirted all over, luscious and sticky? A hole in their feather pillow so the feathers come out and stick to the syrup? If they're slightly schickered it's the most funny thing to watch :twisted: Yor Momma's gonna kill me for telling you about it! :lol:
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

What a shame the FeldSchool is over
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »