Help with making website without tables using only css

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
CesarePlay

Help with making website without tables using only css

Post by CesarePlay »

Hi everyone. I am having a couple of annoying problems making a website without tables. The main issue is the height of the css containing pictures and text.Layout is going ok. I put have sides the same height yet internet exployer 6 has the two with different sizes while firefox is happy with what I did and shows them correctly. I am not 100% sure on making websites without tables and been following my css book closely but I think I made a mistake somewhere. Can anyone help? :(
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

Anybody that can help?
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Good luck to you bud, if I remember correctly you will have to send different rules to IE so that it will lay the page out correctly. I haven't got all that much experience with it so my help will be limited, perhaps one of the Web designers on the forum will provide you with some help.
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

I was afraid of that. It is small difference but makes a differwence to me because the two things need to be next to each other. :( Hopefully other web guys can help me.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Not exactly what you are looking for but I just found this, perhaps it may lead you in the right direction.

http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-frien ... orer.shtml
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

Thanks I will try it. I have been reading my new book I read and it is not very clear how to deal with that issue.
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

I have a problem with IE 6. I got the site to almost the same in Firefox, Opera and IE6 but IE6 has about extra 30 pixels or something that I can't get rid of withour ruining how the site looks in the other 2 browsers. Help please. maxxis anyone? I can provide a link for the webpage and the css.
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

Can't anyone help with this issue?