Tubing and liquid. (again...)

Push it to the max but make sure that you keep it cool!
RobThePyro

Tubing and liquid. (again...)

Post by RobThePyro »

Hey guys.

So I need some more tubing for my Swiftech H20 220 Ultra loop, and im prob gonna order some from PPC through wikid. just had one or two questions though.

Firstly Would it make an significant diffrence to cooling performance by moving to a smaller tubing? (i find the big thick swiftech stuff hard to work with...)

Second, i was thinking of getting some diffrent barbs insteda of the big black plastic ones... maybe some nice Koolance ones, does anyone know offhand the size of the threads of the swiftech stuff(I think 1/2" right?)

And lastly, i want to get some red liquid in my loop, Doesnt need to be UV reactive but must be Properly red! (i.e. blood red not pink lol..) whats a good(not to expensive) product to go with? I think an addative would be better.

Thanks guys!
Rob~!
PCF Dumbass of the Month Award!
"My lungs are in SLI :P"
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Hey rob, the screw type koolance barbs dont fit onto the waterblocks or res as they are too large, so you can screw one in but wont get the second one in next to it, next tubing you should order some tylon, its a lot better than the swiftech stuff. I suggest getting some G1/4 danger den barbs, they work fine :-)
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

Ok cool thanks skidd

So heres what im looking at getting:
PrimoChill Liquid Utopia - Blood Red

Danger Den High Flow Fittings - 1/2"

Swiftech 7/16" ID PVC Clear Tubing(what advantages would i get from Tygon? its alot more expensive...)

Can anyone tell me if i would lose cooling performance by changing from the swiftech 7/16" stuff to 3/8" tubing?

Thanks guys
Rob~!
Skidd
Permanently Banned

Post by Skidd »

Id stay with the 1/2" setup cos the pump will only accept that size tubing anyways. The performance wont change much, you just increase the flow of the liquid by droping the diameter and put more stress on the pump. The liquid looks good, I dont know how it will perform but it cant be that bad.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Well, you would drop in diameter size, allowing less water to move through.

There should be a drop in performance, but as to how much I have no idea. Should be negligible, but wait for the experts to answer that one....
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
RobThePyro

Post by RobThePyro »

hmmm. yea i think im just gonna stick to the 7/16" stuff. its easier....

Rob~!