Neotel - - - Death to Telkom

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Neotel - - - Death to Telkom

Post by Stuart »

strangely, the new place i moved into has neotel coverage, but no telkom infrastructure. :shock: neotel is noticeably slow after using a 4mbps adsl line, but at least the whiff can keep up with her email and bookfacing.
Tander

Post by Tander »

I am phoning them later to see if I have coverage in my area. Doubt it and I don't want to go with Helkom again...:(
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

The PCF Ranch uses the NeoFlex service.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Firestrm_ZA
Deliciously Moist Cake
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5950X
Motherboard: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Graphics card: EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
Memory: 32GB 3600 G-Skill Trident Z RGB

Post by Firestrm_ZA »

my home area is still not covered.... so ill have to get iburst till then :(
https://carbonite.co.za - CUD central 8)
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

KillerByte wrote:The PCF Ranch uses the NeoFlex service.
exclusively? or is there an adsl service there too?
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Our email server uses iBurst but for EVERYTHING else we use Neotel. We have 3 NeoFlex units.

We have increased the signal strength by using Yagi antennas
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

KillerByte, What dBi rating are the antennas, and what distance to the tower? I assume these are 900MHz antennas?
to ápeiro anima
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Sorry Urban, I don't know those details
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

KillerByte, It took you 9 minutes to answer my post, you could have found out :P
to ápeiro anima
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

Do you think we just sit here playing games?

Well Brett does but I don't. LOL
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page