champions league 07/08

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
naughty

champions league 07/08

Post by naughty »

righto the draw has been done and its been resolved as such

full draw

Group A
Liverpool
Porto
Marseille
Besiktas

Group B
Chelsea
Valencia
Schalke 04
Rosenborg

Group C
Real Madrid
Werder Bremen
Lazio
Olympiakos

Group D
AC Milan
Benfica
Celtic
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E
Barcelona
Lyon
Stuttgart
Rangers

Group F
Manchester United
Roma
Sporting Lisbon
Dynamo Kiev

Group G
Inter Milan
PSV Eindhoven
CSKA Moscow
Fenerbahce

Group H

Arsenal
Sevilla/AEK Athens
Steau Bucharest
Slavia Prague

will add more details as i find them out - for example commencement dates and opening fixtures etc - but im getting set for another exciting season of football
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

Some very interesting groups there. Hope United does well.
Dooza

Post by Dooza »

We play Roma again, Totti said he wants to beat us 7 - 0 after we embarrassed them last season by beating them 7 - 1.
CesarePlay

Post by CesarePlay »

I doubt that will happen but you never know. I hope United teaches them another lesson. Arsenals group looks easier than United's, Chelsea's or Liverpools.
Dooza

Post by Dooza »

It all starts tonight tonight, I've been waiting along time for this, I just hope that Man Utd can do 1 better than last season and make it to the final

Here are tonights matches

Group A
FC Porto v Liverpool
Marseille v Besiktas

Group B
Chelsea v Rosenborg
Schalke 04 v Valencia

Group C
Olympiacos v Lazio
Real Madrid v Werder Bremen

Group D
AC Milan v Benfica
Shakhtar Donetsk v Celtic
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

Difficult start for my Inter boys. The defense looks stretched for these first 3 games. Cordoba,Burdisso and Maicon suspended. And Materrazi and Chivu had to get injured to compound the problem while on International duty.

I still expect the Inter squad to have enough quality to top our group.

I expect this team for the game in turkey tomorrow night.

J.Cesar

Zanetti Rivas Samuel Maxwell

Stankovic Dacourt Cambiasso

Figo

Ibrahimovic Crespo
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Oh yeah 3 points for Chelsea curtesy of the fabulous Malouda, Drogba and Joe Cole :D

Chelsea 2-1 Valencia
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

'Pool lost after playing utter hogwash!

Qualifying is going to be hard now :(
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
Dooza

Post by Dooza »

Man Utd play Dynamo Kiev tonight, after Saturdays game against Villa I can't wait to see the boys in action again. I just hope Sir Alex goes with an attacking formation this time, every time we play away in Europe we seem to play a conservative game. Kiev really need the points so they probably gonna come out all guns blazing so we should counter attack with the speed of Ronaldo and Rooney. I can't wait for tonight
Dooza

Post by Dooza »

Man Utd 4 - 2 Dynamo Kiev
Arsenal 7 - 0 Slavia Prague
Rangers 0 - 0 Barcelona
Roma 2 - 1 Sporting
naughty

Post by naughty »

righto - well ManU got a precious away victory in the quarters as did barcelona - now im curious to see the liverpool and arsenal game - that should be an epic battle

and probably repeated three times in the next 9 days ie i know they are playing each other three times - but what i hope must be repeated is that both sides must decide to play some entertaining cracking football
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
naughty

Post by naughty »

chelsea and liverpool through to the semi finals - the Arsenal vs liverpool game was a classic - it was really exciting footbaal - i hope that Man united get cracking against Roma - id love to se another 7-1 win but probably those idiots will go defensive and maybe even lose

i support them but i cannot predict them - even though they won in italy they could land up losing at home

i also think that Barcelona will come through as well - only thing im hoping on is that they will be meeting United instead of Roma :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - lets see what happens tonight
Frozenfireside

Post by Frozenfireside »

I <3 Liverpool.
Well done chaps-you beat the best French team in the world. Ironic that it was a penalty won it for us (the goal by Babel was the cherry really).

Arsenals coach is a prat IMO.
Soon Google will know everything...including how to divide by zero :(
naughty

Post by naughty »

chelsea VS united for the final

seems poised for a great entertainign game of football - hope it doesnt become a chess match

chelsea vs liverpool was a terrific game - unlike uniteds workmanlike treatment of barcelona - i actually was more excited during the chelsea vs liverpool game - in the end well done chelsea - and commiserations to liverpool
maestro_za

Post by maestro_za »

Man 'o man ... that was an exciting game. My team is out and its a Man U / Chelsea final. :cry:

May the best team win :wink:
Owner @ Quick Flow IT
Xbox 360 Services

PC: In need of an upgrade :)
naughty

Post by naughty »

okay - final coming up tonight - so whos gonna take it - can chelsea rescue their season or will my team go on to win a double of historic proportions

go Man United
pok

Post by pok »

naughty wrote:okay - final coming up tonight - so whos gonna take it - can chelsea rescue their season or will my team go on to win a double of historic proportions

go Man United
Go Red Devils!! :notworthy:
Ironman SA 2011 Finisher - 15h10min
3.8km swim, 180km cycle & 42.2km run

Got the shirt to prove it.....
VinceThePrince

Post by VinceThePrince »

Manchester United All The Way!!!!!!
Admiral Of The First Task Force - 1st South African Fleet [ Star Trek: Online]
*****Luciendar J Bethesda*****
***Ships: The USS: Kit Rae and The USS: Kabal***
** Science and Exploration Officer **
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

I'm rooting for United, I think they'll pull it off.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

glory glory man untd
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

john terry --- hahahahaha ---- glory glory man untd
Toshiba A-100 Satellite Pro - C2D - 2 GHZ - ATI Radeon Mobility X1600 256 MB - 1 gig Ram - Harmon Kardon Sound :)
naughty

Post by naughty »

commiserations to John Terry - it isnt a good thing to miss a penalty kick but there had to bbe a winner and there had to be a loser - im just glad that it was united who won though - another double under our belt and we march on to catching up liverpools haul of champions league wins and also top flight league titles

the next few years are going to be interesting indeed - and im glad we are getting to see football of such a high standard

the final was indeed an exciting match marred only by Drogba's sending off - but he had no right to lift his hand for his opponent and expect to get away with it especially when the incident really didnt concern him directly anyway - no individual player is too big for the game - as he found out to his own discomfort

but hey there was drama aplenty as well thrills and heartstopping moments but in the end it was united who edged through the hard won battle

im sure chelsea will fare better in the future and there will be many many more finals involving these two clubs which will be even more dramatic but tonight belonged to only one team in the end

glory glory man united
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I have mixed feelings about this game,on the one end I feel SO sad for Chelsea - but then John Terry should not have missed that - I felt happy in a sense for Man U - but I hate that little actor Ronaldo
Temporary Absence
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Rather a hollow victory but still a victory for MU, well done.
eraser

Post by eraser »

Anthropoid wrote:I have mixed feelings about this game,on the one end I feel SO sad for Chelsea - but then John Terry should not have missed that - I felt happy in a sense for Man U - but I hate that little actor Ronaldo
That little actor earns more than you can dream of! :wink: