my first case mod

Any hardware related topics go here.
po10cy

my first case mod

Post by po10cy »

howsit ppl

ok i ordered my new pc components, and i have the case that i want to mod, now i need some help/advice on how to go about it, its my first case mod.

basically i want to design my dragon aswell as my nick, po10cy, into the sidepanel. the space im working with is an a4 page that is in landscape and another space that is 13cm wide by 12 cm high. the rest of the sidepanel is vents so i cant use that.

do you guys have ideas of designs that would look cool? i was thinking the dragon can go on the a4 size space and po10cy in the smaller space? if it helps any my case is black with silver trimmings.

also....where can i get a dremmel? and how much are they roughly?

thanks alot!!

po10cy
when in doubt, paddle out... ;)
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Dremel: Go to Makro, ask for an Enhell Engraving Tool. R200 was mine when I got it
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

AWESOME thanks alot!
Scavenger

Post by Scavenger »

Methinks this should get moved into modding... :D
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

:oops: oops
Da_V

Post by Da_V »

builders warehouse have a sepcial on orginal dremels
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Would look cool, but if you haven't got ANY dremel experience, you're gonna struggle to do something so complex...
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
po10cy

Post by po10cy »

yeah i have absolutely zilch experience with a dremel, should make for one frustrating project hahaha. ive basically already designed the smaller area. my nick will look similar to the nic in my av with the gaps in each letter being used to support the inside of the letter if you know what im meaning, like the "p" will have a gap like my av so that the "o" part in the middle of the p appears, then basically its the letter itself that is cut into the sidepanel and alluminates...and im busy with the dragon which looks pretty cool so far...the dragon will basically be the window looking into the case at the lighting and stuff like that, but the window will be the outline of either a dragon flying up into the sky, completely vertical facing with the tail trailing down to my nick, or a dragons head facing sideways with a few extra "windows" ill cut to look like flames here and there...

was just wondering, can you get sata cables that glow blue under uv light???
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Yeas of course. Check out Performance-PCs.com.

Just remember that cables make a case look messy, no matter how nice the cables themselves are.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yeas of course. Check out Performance-PCs.com.

Just remember that cables make a case look messy, no matter how nice the cables themselves are.
You can get locally as well. Not sure what they look like when lit, but they are available in SA.