The XBOX 360 Thread

Discuss the XBox 360 in here.
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

WiK1d wrote:Wait, does both the Wireless and Wired work, or only the Wired?
Well JPM confirmed on the wirless side and i on the wired side :lol:

JPM do you need to buy extra hardware(Wireless receiver) to make it work ?

I suppose you buy it in a combined package or something
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

That is fudging awesome, I'm so getting an Xbox :D
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Do it dude :D

I'm RIGHT at the end of act 4 of Gears of war now.
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

WiK1d wrote:That is fudging awesome, I'm so getting an Xbox :D
And another one bites the dust
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

WiK1d wrote:So you can use an Xbox controller on your PC?
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Do it dude

Thats 2x Xbox 360 mods coming up in the future :lol:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

silv3rback wrote:
WiK1d wrote:So you can use an Xbox controller on your PC?
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Do it dude

Thats 2x Xbox 360 mods coming up in the future :lol:
SO true. I dont think wik will be able to survive without eventually modding the 360 he gets :twisted:
jPm

Post by jPm »

SBSP wrote:
WiK1d wrote:Wait, does both the Wireless and Wired work, or only the Wired?
Well JPM confirmed on the wirless side and i on the wired side :lol:

JPM do you need to buy extra hardware(Wireless receiver) to make it work ?

I suppose you buy it in a combined package or something

The MS Wireless Reciever was R210 @ Take 2

The Controller I got from a friend who purchased a 360 and didnt need the controller, so I got that Brand New unopened for R270 :)

So now I got 2 Wireless Controllers as I got one with my Xbox 360 aswell :)
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

I wanted to convert my old laptop's LCD to VGA.

and found this.

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-laptop-36 ... 111547.php
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Yeah...I posted that link when I first got my X360. Very impressive, but lookswise...not too cool
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Ive got one of them wireless receivers!! VERY cool!!
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Some news for you guys...
Two Free XBLA Games with New Xbox 360's

Microsoft is offering up two free Xbox Live Arcade games for people who bought both a Xbox 360 and Xbox Live account over the past year. All you need to do is fill in a quick registration form, have your Xbox 360 serial number handy, and also use the code "XBX0807" to qualify for the games.

You have to complete the offer by September 15, and must have purchased your Xbox 360 between August 8 last year and September 15 this year. The games will then be emailed to you by way of tokens that you can then use on the Xbox Live Marketplace. Microsoft is yet to announce which games you will be getting though!
xbla sauce

Not working for me at the moment though :?

AND

from Kotaku

Belgian site Shizzle Games are reporting that the 360 will soon be launching with new names, which were first hinted at when Flynn uncovered those 360 holiday bundles. The Elite keeps its name, but the Premium looks like it's being changed to the Xbox 360 Pro and the Core's now called the Xbox 360 Arcade. To coincide with these changes, the Arcade is apparently coming bundled with a 360 memory card which will be pre-loaded with 5 XBLA titles (two of which look like Pac-Man and Uno). The Pro, if this chart is to be believed, will also be sporting a new colour scheme, having a "silver finish" as opposed to the Elite's "black" and the Arcade's "standard finish".
No word on the rollout timeframe for the "replacement" models.
Very interesting...
Cure

Post by Cure »

Don't you just hate it when they're constantly updating the xbox, first I get myself a plain and simple xbox core then I hear about the elite and now they're adding free games :cry:
Oh well atleast I have a xbox :D
Although the whole idea of modding is rather frightening for me since I have little skill when it comes to hardware, well other then plugging in a hdd but that's about it.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

The SKATE demo should be up at about 12pm today!!! If you're planning on Downloading it, i hope you have lots of bandwidth free. EA says it's gonna be the biggest demo XBL has seen (which was Bioshock up until now). So expect it to be anywhere over 1.3GB.

I'm buying two extra gigs for one of my DSL accounts (my prepaid webafrica account) for this. Can't wait guys :D
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

There is an issue with registration at this time. Please try again later.

Navigate to Xbox.com
:(

ps. Ett I hope you don't have the same issues I've had everytime I try download onwe of the huge demos. I last tried Bioshock which died and gave a message that it couldn't finish the DL....You can imagine how Peed off I was cos that was about half my bandwidth wasted.
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:The SKATE demo should be up at about 12pm today!!! If you're planning on Downloading it, i hope you have lots of bandwidth free. EA says it's gonna be the biggest demo XBL has seen (which was Bioshock up until now). So expect it to be anywhere over 1.3GB.

I'm buying two extra gigs for one of my DSL accounts (my prepaid webafrica account) for this. Can't wait guys :D
O my word :( I so neeeeed to visit now :P
TheAlteredState

Post by TheAlteredState »

Well I'm hoping that my XBox will get a RROD as soon as the new HDMI Premiums are out!
Significantly different from a normal waking beta wave state!
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

DJV do you want a XBOX to mod?
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

DarkRanger wrote:DJV do you want a XBOX to mod?
he wants one.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

I'm just asking him again, because if he does want one, I will give him mine to mod. And obviously pay him whatever the cost of the mod was (which wont be much because he will most probably be sponsored). Nothing comes without risk does it?
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

DarkRanger wrote:I'm just asking him again, because if he does want one, I will give him mine to mod. And obviously pay him whatever the cost of the mod was (which wont be much because he will most probably be sponsored). Nothing comes without risk does it?
You realise how dangerous that is concerning Dae....I shudder everytime I think of what Epiphany cost :D
Last edited by viceroy on 22 Aug 2007, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

OKOK!! also true, but epiphany came totally out of his pocket.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

DarkRanger wrote:I'm just asking him again, because if he does want one, I will give him mine to mod. And obviously pay him whatever the cost of the mod was (which wont be much because he will most probably be sponsored). Nothing comes without risk does it?
Are you serious dude?

Wow...

That's frikken AWESOME :D I really appreciate that!

Okay i'll let you know. The reason for my "hesitant" answer is that i'm currently talking to a company (who will remain anonymous for now) about sponsorship for an Xbox 360 mod. I've been chatting to them for a couple of days now, and i should know soon whether the deal is going through or not. I'd prefer NOT to have YOUR 360 first, i don't wanna screw up :P

However, if i dont get sponsored, i will DEFINITELY take you up on your offer. But let me just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into :P

1: I could kill your console, and you will have NO warranty. I wont replace your console if i kill it, so just be aware of the risk involved here

2: Like Viceroy said, it's not gonna be entirely cheap. Yes, i do have sponsors, and they will give me a lot of what i need, but not everything, unfortunately. Any 360 that i mod will end up watercooled (Innovatek have the most amazing waterblock for the 360).

3: The mod isn't gonna take a few days, so you'll be without a console for quite a while dude...

Yeah, that's about it :P

Again, THANK YOU! :D
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

3: The mod isn't gonna take a few days, so you'll be without a console for quite a while dude...
I was gonna mention this but figured it would be self explanitary since Epiphany took over a year to get perfect :)
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:That's frikken AWESOME :D I really appreciate that!
No Problem Dude!!
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:1: I could kill your console, and you will have NO warranty. I wont replace your console if i kill it, so just be aware of the risk involved here.
I know this. IF it breaks, I'll just get my dad to pay for the repairs. :twisted:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:2: Like Viceroy said, it's not gonna be entirely cheap. Yes, i do have sponsors, and they will give me a lot of what i need, but not everything, unfortunately. Any 360 that i mod will end up watercooled (Innovatek have the most amazing waterblock for the 360).
Well, you can 'add to the tab' if you are willing to take payment via a 24-month budget plan. :-P Watercooling was one of the thoughts I had on the XBOX 360. But I have a other request as well... If I get a HD DVD drive for the XBOX, will you be able to mod it to where current DVD player is??
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:3: The mod isn't gonna take a few days, so you'll be without a console for quite a while dude...
This I know. Look at Epiphany... I KNOW. but I'm willing to wait for ever for something that you are modding... Besides, it will be worth the wait.
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Yeah, that's about it :P
**Wipes sweat of forehead**
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Again, THANK YOU! :D
Again, no problem dude!! :-D
Da_V

Post by Da_V »

but if the modded console gets the rrod i read somwhere that it could be repaired by people other than MS