Project Frikkie (SAD UPDATE: 25-05-07)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
haja

Post by haja »

sorry, and no need to offend doob, but alot of your posts are sensless and pintless.

I mean do you read what ppl say, or just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind?

'i would go dobule story on that' and he only has one case
'wc, ral, all on 5v blah blah' i mean really, think before you talk please

have a nice day :)

sorry to go OT
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

haja wrote:sorry, and no need to offend doob, but alot of your posts are sensless and pintless.

I mean do you read what ppl say, or just blurt out the first thing that comes to your mind?

sorry to go OT
[offtopic]you asking for rape :(

Please PM him with this...[/offtopic]

this mod will be nice im sure of it :P
Last edited by Spicy-McHaggis on 04 May 2007, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
haja

Post by haja »

if stating your opinion is asking for a rape, then so be it.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

haja wrote:sorry, and no need to offend doob, but alot of your posts are sensless and pintless.

sorry to go OT
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, WELL NEXT TIME CAN YOU DO BETTER, (AND THIS IS PUTTING IT NICELY DK IS A FRIEND AND I DONT WANNA SPAM IN HIS THREAD. HAJA PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CHIRPING ME COZ first of all you dont even MOD and 2nd What do you know, PLEASE Give US your View on what DK can do on this CASE. At least I am Sheading Some FREAKING LIGHT you NoOb
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

haja wrote:if stating your opinion is asking for a rape, then so be it.
GO SPAM IN ANOTHER BLOODY THREAD PLEASE!!
Spicy-McHaggis wrote:
DarkRanger wrote:No cash, No wetness...
:lol: that sounds so wrong!!!
Now where did I put that innocent face... :twisted:
haja wrote:sorry, and no need to offend doob, but alot of your posts are sensless and pointless.

sorry to go OT
DoOb is just giving his opinion on things. And I never said I only have one case like this. ;-)

Argh!! People, I can't wait to get to my fathers offices tomorrow, want to get SketchUp and all those 'prentjies' so I can start doing something!! :-P

Do any of you know of a place that do custom plastic designs? Like bending and shaping of plastics to a design that you want?? Because I thought that I might replace that front panel with a custom design.
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

DoOb wrote:I am thinking you double story this thing...
infact you dont need a separate case for double story!

and the idea is plausible
DarkRanger wrote:... Coz the case I got now has got no side panels
Use the side panels for a second story departments...

would indeed look mental!

make use as much as possible of what you have...
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

DoOb wrote:

sorry to go OT
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, WELL NEXT TIME CAN YOU DO BETTER, (AND THIS IS PUTTING IT NICELY DK IS A FRIEND AND I DONT WANNA SPAM IN HIS THREAD. HAJA PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CHIRPING ME COZ first of all you dont even MOD and 2nd What do you know, PLEASE Give US your View on what DK can do on this CASE. At least I am Sheading Some FREAKING LIGHT you NoOb
DOOB!! Deep breaths!! :-P

And Please can you change DK to DR because it sounds like your calling me something else than DarkRanger.

DoOb, I won't be going double story, because it will make the costs more. Also, as DJV said, I won't be going WC for now, because it is expensive and I'm already strugling with my budget as it is. ;-)
haja

Post by haja »

I will delete this post if needed (or a mod can do it if he feels necessary)

Yes, I can do better. No, I will not give a better idea, as I think pumping money into, what is in essence a small metal box is a waste, as I have said previously.

Yes, I have modded PC's. I do not post about them in length, as I would rather mod than take pictures and put them up on the internet. I prefer to get into the garage and work on stuff, after I have planned them.

You do not know me, have no idea of my skills, and If I think your comments are retarded, then It is my right to say so. I have nothing personal against you, and think you do have some useful comments. But at times, you tend to say some arbitary things.

Anyhoo, just wanted to get my say in and I will ldelete this, and my other off topic posts in a bit, so as not to derail DR's thread any more (apologies for doing it in the first place).

I am sure you can make a great job of this project, and it will be different. If you want my idea, go industrial, witch some aluminium tread plate on the mod, maybe have a few plates that protrude from the top of the case, on some spacers, and a few funky light from inside. Hard to explain what is in my head, but it could look nice, with ALOT of effort and some money
Last edited by haja on 04 May 2007, 23:39, edited 2 times in total.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

haja wrote:I am sure you can make a great job of this project, and it will be different. If you want my idea, go industrial, witch some aluminium tread plate on the mod, maybe have a few plates that protrude from the top of the case, on some spacers, and a few funky light from inside. Hard to explain what is in my head, but it could look nice, with ALOT of effort and some money :)
I have some sort of idea what you have in mind. Thanx, will keep that in mind.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Cool Haja, sorry about going mental man, Apologize. :)
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Sheesh.... what the hell happened in this thread? :?

I'm juts gonna ignore all the crap that happened before this post. lol.

DarkRanger, you better show us sketches TOMORROW!
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:DarkRanger, you better show us sketches TOMORROW!
You know how long it takes to make a good model :P
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

WiK1d wrote:
Yeah, but i posted up even the early stages of my models. Remember? But yeah, a decent model should take a few weeks :(
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
WiK1d wrote:
Yeah, but i posted up even the early stages of my models. Remember? But yeah, a decent model should take a few weeks :(
Weeks may be a bit long. :-P

Maybe I should draw roughly what I was thinking by hand, scan and post it here. Then you guys can give me feedback and make suggestions.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Hi people.

Little update and an info seeking question.

I've done some work on Sketchup. Now, it's not good, but it is just to place everything and see what might need changing etc etc.

OK. On to them pictures.

Just a top view with a description of all the components. No big deal. I also have not designed a cover yet, so just be patient with that...

Two pics showing the case transparent and normal. As you can see, I haven't put the mobo in yet, because THAT is the question.

Two more pics showing the case transparent and normal from the other side...

OK. I don't have the heights and sizes of all the components on the motherboard. The problem is that when I draw just the rectangle (size of the mobo ofcourse) it fits in, but only just AND it intersects with the PSU. Now my question is this:

What can I do to make it fit? Will removing the PSU from it's casing make it smaller? Also, will moving the PSU to just behind the 80mm fan be a better option (don't worry about cabling... I have an idea with what to do with that)?

Any comments, suggestions also very welcome!! :wink:

Cheers!!
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Why not just flip the PSU horizontally, making it run like your DVD. That should give you quite some height underneath...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

I thought about that, but then the CPU will be partially underneath the CPU. Which means that I'll need to get a flattish CPU fan. Something I have in mind is that flat circular fan of ZALMAN.

Any other suggestions? Please remember that Watercooling is out of the question (and out of my budget).
haja

Post by haja »

just a note : You will need more than 1 x 80mm fan to cool that rig. The PSU may have its own fan, but I would put a minimum of 2 x 120mm fans in a case nowdays, maybe even 3 if you can find place. The PSU is going to be exhausting air, but if it is sucking hot air from inside the case, the PSU itself is going to be getting rather toasty.

I have an idea for the PSU.
What about putting the PSU where the 80mm fn is. Where the current 80mm fan is, place the PSU so the fan points outwards. Then make the exit to the left side of the box. You can make a nifty grill for the exit air for the PSU, and the intake for the PSU would then be ambient air, giving you lower temps. That would free up the whole back of the case, and should give you plenty room for mounting the mobo.

I would also then suggest putting some fans on the left side and right side of the box (perhaps 2 on the right side, one near the back and one near the hdd's, sucking air out). This would help cool the hdd's and cause a nice negative pressure for good cooling.

Let me know if you understand what I am saying or I can always do a 1 min paint pic to show you :)
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

1min paint pic please!! :lol:
haja

Post by haja »

erm, how do you upload pics here? :P[/img]
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

www.imageshack.com
or
www.photobucket.com
or email me the pic, and I'll upload it onto photobucket and give you the link.
DarkRanger

Post by DarkRanger »

Hi guys, I've tried every way possible to fit the PSU into the case, but to no avail. So unless I get a MicroATX board or aluminium for really, really cheap, this mod is not going anywhere... :-(

Anybody with contact numbers or contacts that can get me good prices, PLEASE help...

Thanks.