The Official PlayStation 3 Thread

Discuss the Playstation 3 in here.
jee

Post by jee »

this is the official playstation thread. Stay on topic or get a warning. All of you - there are enough rubbish threads where you can spam as much as you like. And if you don't like it, bye.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
vectaman

Post by vectaman »

Well said jee. For a second there I was wondering how my thread got from chatting about the PS3 to animals and religion! :D
::PS3 60GB::32" HDTV::Pentium D 2.66GHz::X1600PRO 256MB GPU::2GB DDR2 667 RAM::
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

So who's planning on getting the PS3?

I might be getting one in July if D.I.R.T. turns out to be something special. The trailer looks awesome already.

Otherwise I'll probably wait and get in in October together with GTAV and a nice HDTV.

Please all post! This is the PS3 thread and I wanna hear your opinions!
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Well I would love to, just its soooo expensive, also for some reason I prefer to hear XBOX 360 instead of PS3 (dont know why(most probably because I hear PS3 too much(and because i use brackets too much :S))), but theres a game I really want to check out Killzone 2 :D. If the camera is like in the trailer then im happy (I love the way your weapons never static and that you can lean properly!!!).
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Too expensive for me. So I'm gonna go with some friends who imports stuff. He's getting his for R1500. Lucky dog!

I was about to comment on the goat thing. It is God of War people.
How many people know Kratos here? Please stand up.
Or... rather lets just leave it at that.

I'm waiting for HD mods to be released for the ps3. Not piracy and all that BS. Just good brews for the HD, just like the ps2.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
BobTheDinosaur

Post by BobTheDinosaur »

sheesh, and i thought i'd spark some debate, instead ppl end up arguing about the religious merits of a dead goat
hey zerubabel i'm on with this one, they probably had a goat braai after the show, yum
but let's start another thread on that topic if we're gonna flame each other over dead goats and greek gods

so back to ps3!

i've now got Blazing Angels for 360 and ps3, i'm not quite sure which one looks better yet but its pretty clear how the ps3 one drops to like 5fps when you fly through an explosion, which is very unimpressive to say the least

rather than just concluding that the ps3 is feeble does anybody have another reason as to why this might be? could this be a case of the two platforms being so radically different that if you code a game for the one you can forget about porting it smoothly to the other?

what do you guys think?
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Dropping frames on a system comes down to two things

1) inefficient coding
2) inefficient hardware

In this case, I'd go with 1) since its a reletively new system which developers are still getting used to
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

ITS A SUPER MUNTU POWERFULL PAWNAGE L33T SYSTEM... which is more good at playing video's and music than actual games...
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

I'd love to see Fedora Core running on this machine... The possibilities are endless! homebrew will be lifted up to an entirely new level!

That and KillZone... although it was slaughtered as being a fraud. There was also a movie demonstrating the graphics. they took the intro for FF7 and rendered it with the PS3, man it looked sweet. I doubt they are redoing FF7 for PS3... but ye, anyone here know about this?
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Yes, ill admit the PS3 have amazing promise with graphics, like im sure it could run Killzone 2 like in the trailer...easy.

But instead they making such simple games, no one seems to be braving the huge challange, of challenged the systems power. With such a powerful engine you could have such realistic physics... wow that would be fun, but they dont :S.
vectaman

Post by vectaman »

Doomextreme wrote:ITS A SUPER MUNTU POWERFULL PAWNAGE L33T SYSTEM... which is more good at playing video's and music than actual games...
I thought you said you don't have a PS3 but yet you say things like this almost as if you are a PS3 analyst. How do YOU know that it plays videos and music better than games...

Doomextreme wrote:Yes, ill admit the PS3 have amazing promise with graphics, like im sure it could run Killzone 2 like in the trailer...easy.

But instead they making such simple games, no one seems to be braving the huge challange, of challenged the systems power. With such a powerful engine you could have such realistic physics... wow that would be fun, but they dont :S.
The PS3 is 6 months old, and you say the developers DONT make games with realistic physics and what-not, as if they've given up on the idea. What's your problem? Its like you've made up your mind about the PS3 when in fact 1. You dont own one to pose an informed & unbiased argument, and 2. Have you even seen the gameplay trailers for the UPCOMING (this means 'in-development' by those same developers you have a problem with) titles like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Lair? You want physics? Go watch it.

Do your research boy. And then come back and pose 'contstructive' arguments.
::PS3 60GB::32" HDTV::Pentium D 2.66GHz::X1600PRO 256MB GPU::2GB DDR2 667 RAM::
blue-palm

Post by blue-palm »

Hey Guys

I have a PS3 - and to confirm all of your suspicions, from a programmers point of view, the PS3 is extremely difficult to harness properly. Thus we dont really have anything to show off its power. IBM and Sony are working on that however, as just about anybody can now put Linux on your ps3 and start to learn Cell processor programming using the Cell Toolchain (I am posting from my PS3 now :lol: ) Expect to wait a while before anything amazing comes out...

Especially those playstation exclusives - if they are only for the Cell PPC64 architecture and not for PC/XBOX etc., then you could expect the developers to pull out all the stops with the power.

So for now we all just sit tite... play Resistance fall of man/RR7/Motorstorm, and wait for better days :wink:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

vectaman wrote:Do your research boy. And then come back and pose 'contstructive' arguments.
I dig it how okes get emotive about a piece of hardware.
ZeroS

Post by ZeroS »

Mikdog wrote:
vectaman wrote:Do your research boy. And then come back and pose 'contstructive' arguments.
I dig it how okes get emotive about a piece of hardware.
I stagger at how people go orgasmic over a piece of hardware. It's quiet a feeling. :twisted:

bp - You're posting from your ps3. Keyboard? Mouse? Internet? PR0NO?

Doesn't look like FF7 will be redone on the PS3 though Square Enix's top man said that we won't be seeing the last of the FF7 franchise.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

vectaman wrote:
Doomextreme wrote:ITS A SUPER MUNTU POWERFULL PAWNAGE L33T SYSTEM... which is more good at playing video's and music than actual games...
I thought you said you don't have a PS3 but yet you say things like this almost as if you are a PS3 analyst. How do YOU know that it plays videos and music better than games...

Doomextreme wrote:Yes, ill admit the PS3 have amazing promise with graphics, like im sure it could run Killzone 2 like in the trailer...easy.

The PS3 is 6 months old, and you say the developers DONT make games with realistic physics and what-not, as if they've given up on the idea. What's your problem? Its like you've made up your mind about the PS3 when in fact 1. You dont own one to pose an informed & unbiased argument, and 2. Have you even seen the gameplay trailers for the UPCOMING (this means 'in-development' by those same developers you have a problem with) titles like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Lair? You want physics? Go watch it.

Do your research boy. And then come back and pose 'contstructive' arguments.
Now my question already is, what you got against me? The first was was actually a joke... You know it makes you go "hahaha" secondly, have you heard any news about killzone 2 of late? didnt think so, infact have you heard of any games for the PS3 with amazing physics and superior graphics??

SO STOP FLAMING ME MAN! WTH I do wrong sheez...
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

I didn't see anyone else laughing at your comments.

Maybe because they weren't funny?

Have you wondered why you're getting into these little flame wars in just about every thread you post in? Ever thought it might be what you are saying?
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

What did I say wrong hey? Tell me? What I say to upset the little ones this time? Im extremely interested to know, also I wrote down that joke from the story's ive heard from other people, not an un-informed opinion I assure you.
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

Do your research boy. And then come back and pose 'constructive' arguments.

Shoo buddy.. lets not light the blow torches just yet ?

And also.. what you gonna do if he ain't a boy? :lol: - Anthropoid
Temporary Absence
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

viceroy

I think you just got something against me or something like that :evil:
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Post by Anthro »

I am quoting your own sig to maybe talk some sense into you.
Calm down. - Anthropoid

The greatest fighter is the person who chooses not to fight. He is then choosing the fight wrong and is therefor right.
Temporary Absence
zerubabel

Post by zerubabel »

WHy do you make some of your posts in blue text??
Fut Fut Fut Freestailo!
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Anthropoid wrote:I am quoting your own sig to maybe talk some sense into you.
Calm down. - Anthropoid

The greatest fighter is the person who chooses not to fight. He is then choosing the fight wrong and is therefor right.
I meant physically XD!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Doomextreme wrote:
Anthropoid wrote:I am quoting your own sig to maybe talk some sense into you.
Calm down. - Anthropoid

I meant physically XD!
Please put your avvie back on, and post that comment again :D
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Doomextreme wrote:What did I say wrong hey? Tell me? What I say to upset the little ones this time? Im extremely interested to know, also I wrote down that joke from the story's ive heard from other people, not an un-informed opinion I assure you.
Just about every word you write is aggressive or insulting...how would you like me to call you a little child? (you are actually) but I've never called you one.

You seriously need to learn not to attack people everytime you open your trap.

I also agree with Anthro on his comments...live by your sig...physical or mentally, it makes little difference.
Doomextreme wrote:I think you just got something against me or something like that
What makes you think I have something against you? you getting a little paranoid there? :?
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

soz I clicked the wrong name :S. I meant that other person who is trying to get me angry. I mean I can swear he is one of those huge PS3 fans who is trying so hard to defend a mere console which is failing so badly...