ITS A DISGRACE :((((

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Interfan

Post by Interfan »

I won't get involved in the console vs pc war again. Each has his own preference some prefer pc's others prefer consoles and some like to have both.

Personally prefer the pc. I just like having to keep one system updated. So I rather spend the money that would be spend on a console into have a top rig.

On up coming games. for the next year you will probaly find games running a dx9 version for xp and dx10 version for vista. You still be able to play your games if you stick with xp you just won't get the better visuals that dx10 offers.
corsair 750tx,
p8p67 pro,
8gig corsair vengeance ,
570gtx,
cm sniper black,
i5 2500k with thermalright cooler,
onboard sound,
Samsung bx2450,
g15 and g9,
Win 7 home prem x64,
xbox 360 controller,
asus 24x dvd writer
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Videogames are like girls aren't they? 5 minutes ago I was thinking Crysis has no depth to it at all (same formula as Far Cry) But one look at the pretty screenshots and I'm in love :roll:
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

That's pretty shallow. :S
vectaman

Post by vectaman »

G-Boy wrote:Videogames are like girls aren't they? 5 minutes ago I was thinking Crysis has no depth to it at all (same formula as Far Cry) But one look at the pretty screenshots and I'm in love :roll:
WiK1d wrote:That's pretty shallow. :S

That was very shallow..
::PS3 60GB::32" HDTV::Pentium D 2.66GHz::X1600PRO 256MB GPU::2GB DDR2 667 RAM::
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Well I just want to PLAY the game hey people, I dont mind low graphics... Guess im old styled to want to play a game for FUN not GRAPHICS :S. But still, the AI is very advanced in Crysis, enough to even outsmart you once or twice...
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Stop whining and buy yourself a rocking horse. It'll never need updating and you can have endless fun for a once-off payment.

As a side, yes, I think us consumers are getting ripped. I was reading somewhere it costs, like a FRACTION Like a tenth or less of the price to manufacture a card, than the actual retail price a consumer pays. So, a card might cost R200 to manufacture, but cost R4000 to buy, kind of thing.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Yeah this topic title is a disgrace to everything... really, even squirrels, you might not know but they get pretty peeved off with all caps non-descriptive topic titles.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Hey I ended this topic a long time ago... Someone brought it back, but I didnt start it to have fun. The prices are rediculace and all this just to play a game. Im better or playing rugby instead.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Doomextreme wrote:The prices are rediculace and all this just to play a game.
The prices are what?
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Cant you read? I said rediculace. I mean for a game we most likely only going to play for 2 days we must play almost 1/3rd of a R1000... Thats alot for a mere game.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh ... you mean ridiculous? Sorry, blonde moment there.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Doomextreme, would you like me to lock this thread, since it has been hijacked by the grammar police :D
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

No, jamin, I wasn't trying to be funny there ... I honestly couldn't figure out what "rediculace" was.

You can lock the thread if you like, but I really wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything.

no worries, he said he was done with his thread on the last page, so I was just wondering if he wanted the thread closed now.

- jamin
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

I don't think you guys have any idea of what it entails to make a commercial game or for that matter make a great game.

I know a little but I do know the amount of work that goes into it not even talking about the money and the risks involved.

You can't argue a game on game play and looks alone there is a lot more to it than the gamers viewpoint.Not that it doesn't count, but you guys need to change your viewpoint a little and drift away from the gamers viewpoint and start seeing the bigger picture.

A 20 million dollar game isn't just another game it's a caculated risk that most publishers shriek at when they see the price tag.

You would be wrong to say that the main attraction to a game is graphics it's not.I'm pretty sure every one would still play Elder scrolls if it had half-life 1 graphics.It's all about the game play storyline and the design of the game.I have never seen a game where graphics made the game what it is today.It's a great selling point because game X has a more powerful engine than game Z.

I'm pretty sure that I have never gotten a game because it's using a havoc 3 engine or PS3.0 shaders.I'm sure you haven't either mabye for graphics but most likely the media hype behind a game that is a game's best selling point.If the media says this game is great why do you all go out and buy the game?

So why is it that games have huge system requirments?.The simple anwser really software is a lot more developed than hardware. DX9 graphics and DX10 graphics if you go and have a close look is pretty much the same Dx10 does have some new things but the problem was you couldn't do all the DX9 things at once motsly because DX9 code didn't cope well and the hardware was unable to do so.The point is the more DX9 features were added to a game the more it would up the system requirments as well.Game devlopers on the other hand still aimed for the high end market but still catered for the low end market.

Which means you can still run the games at a lower res or graphics and still have good frame rates.So there is really no need to complain at all.Also dont' start complaining that your Geforce 3 card can't run a gefroce 6 game thats just the way it's been since the dawn of the 3D card.The simple sollution to your problem get a console if you can't afford to upgrade and stop complaining about the people that wants to upgrade and play the new games that is why game developers still make money.

The good news with DX10 things are going to change a lot over the next few months.Because DX10 hardware and software are better designed you no longer need high end cards to run the games in their full glory.However at slower frame rates obiviously but some graphic features should be always on there will also be little need to turn them off because DX10 runs better optimized and frame rate drop for turning off say HDR would have little or no impact at all.But we will have to wait and see.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

schase wrote:
The prices are what?
I think he meant ridiculous. :P

EDIT: And of course, I only read page 4 and don't notice that this was sorted out in page 5. :(
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote:
schase wrote:
The prices are what?
I think he meant ridiculous. :P

EDIT: And of course, I only read page 4 and don't notice that this was sorted out in page 5. :(
lol--At least you figured it out quicker than I did!
juDge

Post by juDge »

OMG please lock this stupid thread! Of course newer games would need more powerful hardware thats just the way the world works.

If you wanna cry about it then take up knitting or something

NUFF SAID :twisted:
Intel Corei5 2500 3.3GHZ
8GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333mhz Ram
Asus P8H67-M Motherboard
MSI 570GTX-Twin-Frozr-III Power Edition OC
Coollermaster HAF 922 Case
Coollermaster Extreme 550w PSU
Samsung 24" LED S24A350H 2ms
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

wizardofid wrote:The good news with DX10 things are going to change a lot over the next few months.Because DX10 hardware and software are better designed you no longer need high end cards to run the games in their full glory.However at slower frame rates obiviously but some graphic features should be always on there will also be little need to turn them off because DX10 runs better optimized and frame rate drop for turning off say HDR would have little or no impact at all.But we will have to wait and see.
I've been thinking the same thing the other day, with a fixed capability set, the hardware manufacturers are only going too have to find other ways of upping performance. We might even see the development of new graphics chips slow down a bit from the frantic pace it's at currently.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

wizardofid

Thanks! Finally someone stopped flaming me and answered the bloody qestion. thanks man.

schase

Do you read a book to enjoy the story or look at the pretty writing? So I made a mistake so sue me, just calm down a bit sheez.
capanno

Post by capanno »

Someone please Image this thread... Its pointless.
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Your comment is useless... not this thread...
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Doomextreme wrote:schase

Do you read a book to enjoy the story or look at the pretty writing? So I made a mistake so sue me, just calm down a bit sheez.
Dude, I'm calm. Relax!

And when I read a book, I only enjoy it when I can understand the words printed on the page.
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Not always, sometimes things are spelled incorrectly with a perpose. eg. L33T, lituraly that doesnt mean a thing, infact why dont you go try tell that to someone...
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Doomextreme wrote:rediculace , perpose, L33T, lituraly
<<this is your brain on consoles... :lol:

this thread made me laugh...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Doomextreme
Permanently Banned

Post by Doomextreme »

Why do you all have such an urge to flame me hey? I mean seriously its frikin annoying now. I make one mistake and you attack me. Theres always someone there laughing at me for stupid reasons, and theres usually one who mocks me "a little brat". Since when did I deserve such insults hey. I mean most of the time its someone who flames me and I flame back, I go straight to jail and dont pass begin...

Just leave me alone would you. Sheez to think most of you are out of school yet you insult me like 4 year olds.