bondi - what you say to this

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
naughty

bondi - what you say to this

Post by naughty »

please note im not agreeing with the article - just asking for your comments - lets make it clear that since i do believe that apple have a role to play in the pc world so there will be no apple bashing from me - besides I love their monitors and wouldnt hesitate to grab one when i can afford it

but this type of article disturbs me to say the least since it kind of casts apples role in a subject that i hold dear (music) to be a bit suspect - and okay as far fetched and simplistic as these guys solutions to the subject are they do have a valid point in that no-one should be pandering to record company executives

WHOOPS sorry forgot the link to the article in question - so here it is

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/33850.html

and guys no apple bashing here - be nice since bondi is also a fellow forum user who just enjoys using a different brand of pc which is as capable as any other on this planet (argubly more capable) but lets leave our emotions aside whilst discussing these things
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 03 Jun 2004, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

naughty posted at 5:44 am and bondi, you replied at 3:30 pm. Dit it take that long to type all that :lol:
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 03 Jun 2004, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
naughty

Post by naughty »

"k" bondi - ive read that - and yes ive read all of it - and its cool that itunes is a good product and a great concept but what you dont address is the concern that apple is just spurring on the RIAA and doing so in a way that they dont make money but this is really selfish since in trying to promote a non-profit product they steer the profit away from someone else - pretty much in the exact same way that microsoft tends to do - so in my opinion all the companies are equally guilty of exactly the same bull - apple included

i see the RIAA as an unneccesary evil - since any of the money they make is not distributed to the artists as they claim (one look at their cash reserves will tell you this) and also looking at their figures for a few years they arent making so much less that they need to kick up a fuss about it - those guys are spiteful and malicious since they want to introduce laws that will kill another principle that i hold dear which is privacy - and it seems like apple is well on their way to be considered a RIAA flunky according to this article linked above

i have no qualms in saying that itunes is probably a great product - and i have no fear to pay for my music but i do mind that the self appointed watchdog (RIAA) is a bunch of thieving lying manipulative scumbags that have no intention of helping the artists as they claim - i mean why have such a big bank account if you are paying out the moneys you recieve to the artists - and apple (even if they arent joining in the profiteering) is now going about making life easy for these guys (read into the undertone of that article) - unless im misreading the situation
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 03 Jun 2004, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®