anyone seen the matrix? (I'm not telling the story,dont wory

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Elwe_Singollo

anyone seen the matrix? (I'm not telling the story,dont wory

Post by Elwe_Singollo »

please tell me that when I sat in that cinema chair they jacked me in and I was transported to another world where they showed us a ***** movie to keep us humans depressed?

cos I just saw Matrix Revolutions,and umm, it sucked.like imagine action scenes that arent really as good (except the last one),not nearly enough of them, and worst of all, stupid plot and stupid script.I'm not gonna give it away, but they really could have done better.they dont tell u anything, they dont answer any questions.they some very vague things which dont help your understanding of the matrix, neo, etc.

well,I thought that reloaded was brilliant, but this... this is just... cheap. it looks like they want to make a sequel, again cos of the unanswered questions.
mrberns

Post by mrberns »

*agrees*

well actually, i didnt like reloaded all that much, but it was interesting....

this had no plot, too much superman action, and the ending.... that was possibly the most dissappointing, sell-out happy-clappy "lets not upset the masses" ending ive ever seen...
*insert witty comment here*
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

And you couldn't have said this in one of the existing matrix threads? I thought the movie was good, it wasn't what I was expecting but I liked it. It may have been a little too "dark", but that's debatable.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
mrberns

Post by mrberns »

well yeah it was a good action movie, just missed that "something"

dark? naw, it was... well, explicit yeah, gory in places, but not dark, ending was much too happy for it to be a dark movie
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Well it's a semi-happy ending.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
mrberns

Post by mrberns »

staring into the sunset :)

a dark ending woulda been if it turned out humanity was already extint :p

but ill stop talking so as not to spoil it for the other folks
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 03 Jun 2004, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Hyperchild

Post by Hyperchild »

Very dissapointed ... to many questions unanswered! was better than reloaded.

Now Im waiting for the fourth installment (in a trilogy :? )
Quod non detit fortuna non eripuit aut amat aut odit: nil est tertium
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

what was left unanswered? :?

skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

only reason they say it suxed cos they didn't understand it.

wat a movie, smith vs neo classic fight scene
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

the neo vs. smith fight was incredible, nothing like it has been done before! And the zion battle was great as well! I loved it... :)

Hyperchild

Post by Hyperchild »

Agreed!

Questions like: is their real world the real world?
As it is the machines are heading to destroy Zion for the sixth time
: Who/what is the architect?
If he created everything, he couldnt be a program, coz he couldnt be able to program himself. Or is he the only real human and the entire thing just a simulation?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Hyperchild wrote:Agreed!

Questions like: is their real world the real world?
As it is the machines are heading to destroy Zion for the sixth time
: Who/what is the architect?
If he created everything, he couldnt be a program, coz he couldnt be able to program himself. Or is he the only real human and the entire thing just a simulation?
Yes, Zion is the real world. I thought Smith made it pretty obvious, with all his talk of the fragileness of the human body etc.

Yes the machines were about to destory zion for the 6th time.

The architecht was a program written to design the matrix.

Hyperchild

Post by Hyperchild »

Why would the machines allow Zion to be rebuilt so many times only to destroy it again? and why is their no record of the previous Zions? I think the only ones who know that Zions been destroyed are the contol programs and the architect, its aparant that no1 else does.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Hyperchild wrote:Why would the machines allow Zion to be rebuilt so many times only to destroy it again? and why is their no record of the previous Zions? I think the only ones who know that Zions been destroyed are the contol programs and the architect, its aparant that no1 else does.
Because all humans would reject the matrix if they weren't given some sort of choice to accept it or not, - at a near subconcious level - as the architecht said in reloaded. Destroying zion every now and then is just like emptying the trash. The people who reject the matrix become problematic so they are wiped out.

There is no record of the previous zions because all it's inhabitants were wiped out.

brabham

Post by brabham »

Is it only me and OnlyOne that actually understood this movie the same way? Jees people! This is too weird.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Elwe_Singollo

Post by Elwe_Singollo »

I think I understood what there was to be understood - not much. in reloaded, we were left wondering whether the entire world was in fact a matrix (cos neo could feel the machines on the outside).etc,etc. And in revolutions they tell us.. nothing. That neo came from the source, I think I heard. Which means the architect wasnt lying about that part.ok, so the neo vs smith fight scene was brilliant. :idea: (Dont read on if u dont want the story spoilt) . But why end it like that?stupid,stupid,stupid. I would have loved to see neo beating off smith, or infecting neo,and turning all the smiths into neos.but no.they had to leave us wondering whether he was dead or alive, and also killed off the 2nd main character.I think they want more money,they want to make a sequel again, thats why the story isnt finished (ie the machines werent defeated).the biggest letdown was the story I think.
Yeah I play a musical instrument. I play the fool.
STaLK3R

Post by STaLK3R »

I watched it today people and it was brilliant, I also understood it.
Signature by Psych0_Cr1tt3r!
Hyperchild

Post by Hyperchild »

Elwe_Singollo at least sees it like i do
brabham

Post by brabham »

SPOILER WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!!!!
Elwe_Singollo wrote:in reloaded, we were left wondering whether the entire world was in fact a matrix (cos neo could feel the machines on the outside).etc,etc. And in revolutions they tell us.. nothing.

But why end it like that?stupid,stupid,stupid. I would have loved to see neo beating off smith, or infecting neo,and turning all the smiths into neos.but no.they had to leave us wondering whether he was dead or alive, and also killed off the 2nd main character.
No the entire world was not the matrix. Thats why we got to see the sun as Neo and Trinity flew towards the machine city. Sure this could have been done in the Matrix as well but I think it was intentionally put there to show that the machines couldn't tolerate the sun and thats why it was their only option of escape.

As for the ending; think of Smith as a virus and Neo as an anti-virus program. Smith is infecting other files and corrupting them to become like him and thereby make him more powerful. This action threatens the machines because it could mean the end of the Matrix and we know the machines need the matrix to survive. So along comes Neo with the only out for the machines and offers to sacrifice himself in return for peace between humans and machines. Neo didn't realise it till the very end that in order to beat Smith he would have to die. He allowed himself to be infected by Smith which killed him but it also gave the machines a look at Smith's code in turn allowing them to destroy him. As an antivirus proggie would do. The Matrix was rebuilt in the end because it had to be for the machines to survive. As a result of the truce though anyone wanting to get out of the matrix will be allowed to without interruption from the machines. I hope this makes it clearer.

This is the way I understood it. If you feel yours is better feel free to post.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Elwe_Singollo

Post by Elwe_Singollo »

SPOILER ALERT AGAIN.
thanks for the input everyone. I know that the whole world wasnt the matrix.what I meant was that after reloaded, no one really knew for sure what that was about - how neo stopped those sentinels.I know that in revolutions we see that neo can affect them and feel them because, uh, hes the one.sounds like "just because" to me.not only that, plausible as your theories about neo and smith may be, theres no guaranteed proof. I mean, I remember the oracle saying that neo and smith are completely opposite, so neo could just be some kind of anti virus - but if so, dont u think its a terrible way to end a movie? wouldnt u rather have seen neo emerge triumphant?lets face it, the machines won that one.in any event, I preferred reloaded because u could accept the new information, and then expected revolutions to fill in the gaps.that is, u didnt have 2 guess after seeing reloaded, I just thought my questions would be answered in revolutions.they werent.
Yeah I play a musical instrument. I play the fool.
mrberns

Post by mrberns »

couldn't tolerate the sun
actually, the machines would love the sun, its an abundant energy source. The only reason they turned to the human battery thing was because they humans darked the skies :p
mrberns

Post by mrberns »

I understood it, It's not that i was sitting there wondering what the hell just happened. I also picked up on quite a bit of symbolism. I was just disappointed in that there simply was no twist in the end.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Elwe_Singollo wrote:SPOILER ALERT AGAIN.
thanks for the input everyone. I know that the whole world wasnt the matrix.what I meant was that after reloaded, no one really knew for sure what that was about - how neo stopped those sentinels.
That is what is known as a cliff hanger ending - nobody really knew what was going to happen next - it's the reason why everyone wanted to see the next movie.

Elwe_Singollo wrote:I know that in revolutions we see that neo can affect them and feel them because, uh, hes the one.sounds like "just because" to me.
That applies to Neo's abilities inside the matrix too - he can do the things he can because he's the one. "Just because" - as you said.

Elwe_Singollo wrote:not only that, plausible as your theories about neo and smith may be, theres no guaranteed proof. I mean, I remember the oracle saying that neo and smith are completely opposite, so neo could just be some kind of anti virus - but if so, dont u think its a terrible way to end a movie? wouldnt u rather have seen neo emerge triumphant?lets face it, the machines won that one.
I would have liked the traditional good guy defeats bad guy, and they live happily ever after ending, but I think both you and I are in the minority. People want an unexpected ending - the way it is now, part of it is a surprise, and part of it is the "happy - staring off into the sunset, everyone's happy ending."

in any event, I preferred reloaded because u could accept the new information, and then expected revolutions to fill in the gaps.that is, u didnt have 2 guess after seeing reloaded, I just thought my questions would be answered in revolutions.they werent.
Everyone says their questions weren't answered in revolutions!? What questions weren't answered? Please tell me because all the questions I had left over from reloaded were answered in revolutions. And what do you mean you didn't have to guess at the ending of Reloaded? Did you miss the entire Zion is a matrix debate that had been going on for the last few months?

mrberns

Post by mrberns »

What questions weren't answered?

How is it Neo is able to turn chunks of machinary into fireballs in the 'real' world, for one. In the Matrix there are mathematical anomolies, flaws if you will (as the architect exlpained) which could explain his abilities within in the matrix. In the 'real world' no explanation is given.

And what, exactly, is Smith. Ok, if you know a bit about computers you can figure that out. But how did Smith BECOME what he was, when Neo had apparently "destroyed" him?