Gfx Appz - Where to Buy

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
Slasher

Gfx Appz - Where to Buy

Post by Slasher »

Hi,

a friend of mine is considering studying graphic design / arts through UNISA. Part of the course dictates a Multimedia side for wich she would require Adobe (x-Macromedia) flash as well as 3d Studio Max. Where in south africa is it possible to buy this and is there any student versions available or someone that wants to sell their copies? It seems a little absurd to fork out $4200 for the 2 products and buy from overseas... Any ideas guys?

As an alternative, does anyone know of any art / multimedia companies that hire students and let them work/train for a minimum salary in the Jhb area whilst they study? This should allow for working around the massive software buy as the company would most likely have their own copies...

Any suggestions, please!
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Mr_Norris

Post by Mr_Norris »

you can usually order student editions at a much reduced price when doing courses through them. Im with UNISA, and I got delphi studio 2006 for cheap :-)
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

She is considering doing it through UNISA. Do you know where we can get prices for the software so she can decide if it is affordable?
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za