My Issue Of PCF [Very Disapointed]

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
DCStudios

My Issue Of PCF [Very Disapointed]

Post by DCStudios »

My application was on the cover disc of the December Issue. I told Desmond that PCF could put the application on there if they send me a copy of it so I can see my work published. He said "no problem". Desmond told me that that the issue was sent out on December 17. The time it should take to get from South Africa to the US is ~1 week. It's almost been 3 weeks and still no magazine. I emailed Desmond 4 days ago and haven't heard back. I emailed him again 1 day ago and still haven't heard back. I'm starting to lose faith in the PCF Staff.

I just wanted to bring this conflict to the PCF Community.
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

Don't panic... I'm finished with mine and you can have it ;)

Ok, seriously... maybe you guys should try and resolve this private like...hmm? Just my thoughts...

PS. What app was it?
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
Judas

Post by Judas »

To give Desmond the benefit of the doubt here, it is Christmas time, and a lot of people are out of the office - maybe he just isn't available to respond to your email?

I'm with thEnaileDonE, it would probably be more professional to resolve this in private.
'One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.'
- Friedrich Nietzsche

'Do not argue with Judas, nube, that would be foolish!'
- D3PART3D
DCStudios

Post by DCStudios »

thEnaileDonE wrote:Don't panic... I'm finished with mine and you can have it ;)

Ok, seriously... maybe you guys should try and resolve this private like...hmm? Just my thoughts...

PS. What app was it?
Thanks but no thanks. I need an un-opened one. Plus I don't want to pay for shipping.

I've been trying to resolve it in Private. I've had trouble with Desmond responding to my emails before. I'll just try emailing Cameron; I know he'll reply.

The App was Serial Key Manager. Version 1.5 was on the CD but I'm at version 1.7 now.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

:D :D :lol: :lol: 8O
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

DC, Desmond is probably on holiday over the xmas period and is unavailable to reply to your emails. Maybe contact Cameron, but you might not get a response too due to the xmas period.

Also, this is not an issue for the pcf forums. This matter should be resolved in private. It's a business issue between yourself and Intelligence publishing.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

South African Postal Services have a cut off date for international post during xmas period. Your parcel was probably handed over by Desmond but still in the country.
Ike

Re: My Issue Of PCF [Very Disapointed]

Post by Ike »

DCStudios wrote:My application was on the cover disc of the December Issue. I told Desmond that PCF could put the application on there if they send me a copy of it so I can see my work published. He said "no problem". Desmond told me that that the issue was sent out on December 17. The time it should take to get from South Africa to the US is ~1 week. It's almost been 3 weeks and still no magazine. I emailed Desmond 4 days ago and haven't heard back. I emailed him again 1 day ago and still haven't heard back. I'm starting to lose faith in the PCF Staff.

I just wanted to bring this conflict to the PCF Community.
Hey, I agree with bootsie...but one thing you also need to understand is this is africa, And not america ;)

Speed services take 1 week to deliver something... Buget? don't get me started! :evil:

I think that if something is sent from SA you will need to wait a while :|
Moses

Post by Moses »

It once took 2 months for me to receive a parcel from the USA.
Ike

Post by Ike »

It took 5 weeks for my parcel to arrive from the UK, As I understand it it was stuck @ JHB for 3 weeks :cry: :x :evil:
Minoss

Post by Minoss »

I send my VGA card to the USA for warranty claim 3 moths back and i am still have not receive it,but they told me a month ago it is swop and on his way.So I mean everyone must wait and now when it is holliday season it takes a bit longer. :)
DCStudios

Post by DCStudios »

I received the issue today. I'm sorry I got so heated about this. It took 2 weeks and 5 days. Much longer than I expected. I'm just glad I got the issue. So far, I've enjoyed reading the issue and I think it covers many aspects of personal computers. Thanks again PCF Staff!
thEnaileDonE

Post by thEnaileDonE »

DCStudios wrote:I received the issue today. I'm sorry I got so heated about this. It took 2 weeks and 5 days. Much longer than I expected. I'm just glad I got the issue. So far, I've enjoyed reading the issue and I think it covers many aspects of personal computers. Thanks again PCF Staff!
Come on admit it... you only wanted it for the models ;)

In any case, keep on suppling great programs for the cover disk and I'm sure all will be forgiven :twisted:
If you are at your Wits End...
Severed Fifth - Changing the way the music industry works, one song at a time!
DCStudios

Post by DCStudios »

thEnaileDonE wrote:
DCStudios wrote:I received the issue today. I'm sorry I got so heated about this. It took 2 weeks and 5 days. Much longer than I expected. I'm just glad I got the issue. So far, I've enjoyed reading the issue and I think it covers many aspects of personal computers. Thanks again PCF Staff!
Come on admit it... you only wanted it for the models ;)

In any case, keep on suppling great programs for the cover disk and I'm sure all will be forgiven :twisted:

Heh. I'm going to keep making great apps and I'll send them to Des and hopefully he'll put them on the cover disc again.

This is off-topic but why do South African websites end in .co.za. To me, it seems like it should end in .co.Sa.
Ike

Post by Ike »

Because the "SA" belongs to saudi arabia...

And ZA is second choice because we afrikaners called this country Zuid-Afrika.
Ashley_Pops

Post by Ashley_Pops »

Ike wrote:...we afrikaners called this country Zuid-Afrika.
We do? :eh:
Ike

Post by Ike »

I said called, Now it's Suid-Afrika :P

P.S In dutch it's Zuid-Afrika, We are in reality still dutch....
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Ike wrote:We are in reality still dutch....
We are?! 8O
Ashley_Pops

Post by Ashley_Pops »

I second W1k's comment :lol:
DCStudios

Post by DCStudios »

This is another off-topic question but how old do you have to be to drive a car and how old for a motorcycle?
AlphA

Post by AlphA »

Car - 18
Motorcycle - 16 (I think)
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

And only 18 to drink legally :D
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Friggs wrote:And only 18 to drink legally :D
Yeah and like that makes any diffirence :twisted:
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

:lol: maybe if you have anymore off topic questions ask them in the spam thread? Its just an idea :P
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Keep it on-topic guys, otherwise this thread will be locked.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson