the nov pcf

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
halo

the nov pcf

Post by halo »

hi all at pcf in the nov pcf yo had a 3d card supertest right. but thats not my problem my proplem is the fps rating of the cards... you dont tell us the benchmarking settings and the fps looks amazing low even for the top end cards. i dont understand that... pls explain. by the way the mag this month is amazing and the covermodel is hot you should add her to the pole.... :D
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I'll have to go check if the shop has the new PCF in my lunch time :)

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
SnowMonkey

Post by SnowMonkey »

I have to wait for our speedy postal service to deliver it, they'll probably fold it a squash it into my post box agian! Stupid mofo's!
Supplier of Smart-IT Business Management & Accounting solutions

Smart-IT

Point of Sale/ Ledger/ Customers/ Suppliers/ Workshop/ Stock/ Purchases/ Quote/ HR
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Who did the half-wife pic? hehe it's pretty funny! very well done :P

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
MonicanSpy

Post by MonicanSpy »

Only1, is your 'GTA' pic in the Nov mag?
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

yeah it's there 8)

The_Master

Post by The_Master »

Hi all

Do you remember the forum about last months(October) Mag.
The one where you all pointed out the mistakes on the back of the mag.

Did anyone notice that they fixed up all the mistakes & replaced the pinball game on the monitor with a racing game. :)
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

They didn't fix all the mistakes. Sure, at least the spelling errors are gone and they are driving a racing game,
but there is still no keyboard,
there are still dolls and that girlie pencil box
and the driver is still not looking at the screen.
The_Master

Post by The_Master »

Well at least they tried :lol:
jee

Post by jee »

Not about to start a gender war, but why does it grates on your senses that dolls and girly stuff should not be together with the boys and the cars? Perhaps he's playing on his sister's computer?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
halo

Post by halo »

only1 where is your pix og gta? i didn't c it. then again i still havent recieved mine im just skimmed through my friends copy... its appears to be a great issue. the lan pc they built kick bottom but then again anything would kick my pc's bottom :) its got some great reviews and most importantly its got the chrome DEMO. ive been wait for that game for ages and i can not wait to play it............... cheers :wink:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

it's on the last page, Halo :)

halo

Post by halo »

ill take a look when i get it. but im sure its great.. what do u guys think of the pc they built? it great rite? :?:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

yeah it's not too shabby :)

Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Jee wrote:Not about to start a gender war, but why does it grates on your senses that dolls and girly stuff should not be together with the boys and the cars? Perhaps he's playing on his sister's computer?
It could be the kids' play room!?! But that's not the point. It's just VERY Stupid to have such mistakes in an Ad. But as Tamsini pointed out last month, Why are they using a picture of kids??? we're mostly adults here. Haw many under 10 yo kids read pcf? That picture doesn't appeal to anyone really. They could have filled that space with some technical details or at least more hardware pics.
halo

Post by halo »

the same thing with that young girl and the laptop..... i think they should have a 16 or so year old guy play on a kiss bottom machine as an ad.... lets c who over here fits that describtion................. why ME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :arrow:
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

I agree with you half way. They should Have a 16 yo GIRL playing :wink:
jbayman

Post by jbayman »

Well said Kronos
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Charger1406

Post by Charger1406 »

I've actually got a gripe about the video card supertest! I reckon it was quite biased towards Geforce cards, there were very few Radeons!! Only in the performance category(But at prices way beyond any average guys pocket)and I'm rather cheesed off, there was like one Radeon in the mainstream and budget line. I wanna comparison between Ati and nVidia cards, not Geforce against Geforce!.So ja, that's my gripe.
Hill

Post by Hill »

Weren't there 2 Radeons in the Super Test. I'll have to check myslf.

As for the Crome demo. Awesome. I really enjoyed playing it. Finished it too quickly though. Will have to increase the difficulty level again.

Can't wait for the full game.
Regards
Hill
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Charger1406 wrote:I've actually got a gripe about the video card supertest! I reckon it was quite biased towards Geforce cards, there were very few Radeons!! Only in the performance category(But at prices way beyond any average guys pocket)and I'm rather cheesed off, there was like one Radeon in the mainstream and budget line. I wanna comparison between Ati and nVidia cards, not Geforce against Geforce!.So ja, that's my gripe.
The fact of the matter is that the Radeons are more expensive than their Geforce counterparts, so there are more options in the Geforce range when you're in the midrange to budget market.

Dakes

Post by Dakes »

OnlyOne, would you say the Ti4600 is a high-end or mainstream card?
Brother Hiram, wish you were here!
Thanks Disruptor!
halo

Post by halo »

fun Kronos, any way about the models the may model isn't take hot sure she has a nice face but thats it.... the feb model is is sooooooooooooooo much better then again thats what i think :!:
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Dakes wrote:OnlyOne, would you say the Ti4600 is a high-end or mainstream card?
I'd say that the Ti4600 is now a mainstream card, it's still very fast, but it doesn't support DX9, so might start lagging on newer games (that's in comparison to say a Radeon 9800pro!).

Also the reason that there were no Radeons in the mainstream range is that, it seems as though all the mainstream Radeon cards have been discontinued. Rectron no longer sells the 9700 or the 9700pro. We'll have to wait and see what cards Radeon brings out to satisfy the mainstream (majority) market!
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
halo

Post by halo »

NinjaTic you said

I'd say that the Ti4600 is now a mainstream card, it's still very fast, but it doesn't support DX9, so might start lagging on newer games (that's in comparison to say a Radeon 9800pro!).

i think that ti 4600 is still high end even though its doesnt support dx9, its still the best geforce4 that was made and still kicks the 'newer' geforce fx's.