Good benchmarking apps

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Gromit

Good benchmarking apps

Post by Gromit »

I am new to the benchmarking arena. Could you guys recommend some decent apps and post links to downloads please.
Port Elizabeth Wireless User Group
www.pewifi.co.za
kraven

Post by kraven »

Look in the Benchmarking section, the top couple are names of good apps alot of us use, Im lazy like you so google them :lol:
The Anime Society that\'ll influence the SA scene: http://www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

kraven wrote:Look in the Benchmarking section, the top couple are names of good apps allot of us use, Im lazy like you so google them :lol:
I think you missed the point. Am looking for recommendations. Anyone can use Google, but I am looking for apps that have worked for others on the forum.

So dont be lazy read before you post. :roll:
www.pewifi.co.za
naughty

Post by naughty »

what aspect do you want to benchmark ?????

if its graphics performance then the 3dmark series is all good from 3dmark 01 upward - all the way to 3dmark06

if you want to bench total pc performance then pc mark is okay

if you want to test stability - then prime95 is good and the larger tests of superpi - ram stability can be measured by memtest

current graphics performance is best measured with 3dmark06 since that also has a cpu test which is affected by number of cores - so its the best measure of how strong your pc really is against other modern pc's
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Thanks for the info. Been trying to download 3DMARK06 for hours now. Will give it a bash. Would also like to start looking at overclocking my PC, my specs are:

C2D E6600
intel lamont mobo
2 x 1024 DDR2 800 Trancend jetram
7900GT
320GB SATA2 drive
Zalman 9700LED CPU cooler
Zalman Flower northbridge cooler

recommendations?
www.pewifi.co.za
naughty

Post by naughty »

Been trying to download 3DMARK06 for hours now
it was on one of the pc format coverdisc dvd's - its a huge download - not worth to kill your cap over - unless yo have unlimited downloading facilities - get it from a friend rather - or get someone to put it on a writable disc and post it to you
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
kraven

Post by kraven »

Gromit wrote:
kraven wrote:Look in the Benchmarking section, the top couple are names of good apps allot of us use, Im lazy like you so google them :lol:
I think you missed the point. Am looking for recommendations. Anyone can use Google, but I am looking for apps that have worked for others on the forum.

So dont be lazy read before you post. :roll:

But i did read, if you read mine...

kraven wrote:Look in the Benchmarking section, the top couple are names of good apps alot of us use, Im lazy like you so google them :lol:
Is that not a recommendation, BTW, SuperPi is fun, as it is a quick comparison of your CPU.. Nice CPU BTW, gooooood stuff!
The Anime Society that\'ll influence the SA scene: http://www.genshiken.uct.ac.za
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

Gromit wrote:Thanks for the info. Been trying to download 3DMARK06 for hours now. Will give it a bash. Would also like to start looking at overclocking my PC, my specs are:

C2D E6600
intel lamont mobo
2 x 1024 DDR2 800 Trancend jetram
7900GT
320GB SATA2 drive
Zalman 9700LED CPU cooler
Zalman Flower northbridge cooler

recommendations?
Try clockgen, its a windows based OCing program. Small and if you make any mess ups it will set your PC back to default so your PC can run again :D
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.