PCFormat Holiday Edition Disc - CRC Error

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
braindedd

PCFormat Holiday Edition Disc - CRC Error

Post by braindedd »

Hi, just to let you guys know ... the Xandros zip file included on the holiday edition disc - side 2 is corrupt with a crc error.
simmy

Post by simmy »

ummm ... thanks! ;)

eraser

Post by eraser »

LOL @ simmy!

Thnx for the heads up! :)
braindedd

Post by braindedd »

Kinda hoping Cameron or someone would see and post it on the main page or something, but yeah :lol: :P
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

What!! Is this it??

The only comment regarding the latest edition??

Has no-one anything to say about for instance, oh don't know, the 'letter of the month'? :twisted:

Personally I like what I've read so far.
And there seems to be a drive to make these forums an integral part of the mag. Interesting.

Our (excepting Leigh) last chance to get into print! :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

I found it kinda stupid that they put AVG 7.1 on the disc. AVG users have been getting a message for months telling us that AVG 7.1 is set to expire in January and we must update to 7.5. I would've thought that 7.5 would be on the disc. Not a train smash, I know, but I was just a little surprised.
abs

Post by abs »

Did anyone notice that Creator was awarded the star letter. :wink:
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

abs wrote:Did anyone notice that Creator was awarded the star letter. :wink:
Yip! and I sensed a bit of sarcasm in the reply, but hey that could just be me :D
Port Elizabeth Wireless User Group
www.pewifi.co.za
roguemat

Post by roguemat »

The letter of the month was so true. Please PCF take note of these type of letters. The one the other month complaining also had a hell of truth in it. I have been subscribed to PCF since June 1999 and have always been really happy with the mag. But in the last year or so it really has gone wrong - from having half hearted tutorials that basically only tell you that it is possible to do something instead of telling you how, to old news that is now totally irrelevent cuz of the fast paced world of IT. And they are using more and more articles from the UK mag. I mean come on isnt it meant to be a SOUTH AFRICAN mag??? Yes i know they have every right to use those articles but alot of then are totally out of date or not really to do with us here in SA. Take for example the thing about free ipods in the holiday edition, that company they are testing for free stuff is only for UK residents, and yeah I am interested in that sorta thing(free stuff is awsome:)) but cant they just write their own and use a company that is actually available to us?? So please PCF try a little harder, this used to be such an awsome mag but now its turning into crap. And I never thought I would ever say this but...I am thinking of converting to NAG.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

roguemat wrote:And they are using more and more articles from the UK mag. I mean come on isnt it meant to be a SOUTH AFRICAN mag???
Have to admit that I'm finding this a bit frustrating as well.
FTB_Screamer

Post by FTB_Screamer »

roguemat wrote:And I never thought I would ever say this but...I am thinking of converting to NAG.
NOOOOOooooo!!
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Ok. Got my copy today. When I opened the package I was like...Yeah! Very nice cover. Busy reading through it now :D
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

I reckon the cover is one of the best that PCF has had in a very long time. :-D As for my letter... Well, Stacey did tell me that I was going to get the star letter this month, but I can't say that I was expecting it. Lol. There are some genuinely interesting titbits in this month's mag that bring back that cool-factor that PCF has been missing.

But that letter of mine... Reading it in print makes it seem quite a bit harsher that I had expected.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Lol Rich - Don't feel bad cause you got praised for your criticism - it was all true and well done. I do respect Stacey for publishing that letter and taking the criticism as constructive as opposed to getting defensive. :wink:
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
roguemat

Post by roguemat »

she published it to try make us think that they actually care i think. look at the reply its so sarcastic and a lame excuse of a reply!