Project: 777 (Finally a small update 18-04-2008)

Post logs of your latest creation in here.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
silv3rback wrote:Im going to make 2 custom grills for the roof fan
*AHEM*
lol :lol: Sorry!!!!! ETTIENNE is going to make the roof fan grill and Im going to make the side panel grill...
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

silv3rback wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
silv3rback wrote:Im going to make 2 custom grills for the roof fan
*AHEM*
lol :lol: Sorry!!!!! ETTIENNE is going to make the roof fan grill and Im going to make the side panel grill...
ROFL!! I was like... Ettienne... whats with the *AHEM* and then I read your post and I CRACKED myself!!! :lol:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

hehehe :D

Jeff, i got the plexi today, so i'll start with your grille tomorrow hopefully, i should have it done by the end of the weekend :)

Sorry i took so long though, i've been so frikken busy :(
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:hehehe :D

Jeff, i got the plexi today, so i'll start with your grille tomorrow hopefully, i should have it done by the end of the weekend :)

Sorry i took so long though, i've been so frikken busy :(
Its all good! I dont mind waiting, especially if its a mod from you! :wink:
I've also been damn busy at work and studying (matric sups :cry: :evil: )

I wanna run this idea past you:

I want to cut out a piece of plastic from the front of my chassis (where the power and restart buttons are) and replace it with a sheet of metal (or something similar) and add touch sensitive buttons and blue LED's (LED's for power on and HDD usage)
What you think?
Spicy-McHaggis

Post by Spicy-McHaggis »

silv3r its coming allong nicely now!

i FINALLY contiunued some modding(will create own page later,) but the TERROR STRUCK! family came over and kids didnt want to listen and ....

MY SYSTEM CRASHED!!

OR so i thought! meanwhile my windows was screwed up and i lost my disc for it,...
Hapy happy happy
Back in NL...
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Spicy-McHaggis wrote:silv3r its coming allong nicely now!

i FINALLY contiunued some modding(will create own page later,) but the TERROR STRUCK! family came over and kids didnt want to listen and ....

MY SYSTEM CRASHED!!

OR so i thought! meanwhile my windows was screwed up and i lost my disc for it,...
Thanks man, Im hoping for more and more updates now as the salary comes in a bit better! Its a mission to get decent parts when I still have to spend money on the fiance :wink:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

silv3rback wrote:I wanna run this idea past you:

I want to cut out a piece of plastic from the front of my chassis (where the power and restart buttons are) and replace it with a sheet of metal (or something similar) and add touch sensitive buttons and blue LED's (LED's for power on and HDD usage)
What you think?
Sounds awesome. I have something very similar planned for Genocide. I plan to use touch sensitive buttons somewhere on the side of the case for power and reset :D
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Sounds awesome. I have something very similar planned for Genocide. I plan to use touch sensitive buttons somewhere on the side of the case for power and reset
Cool! Im not 100% sure on how Im gonna do it but I wanna get the plate and PCB boards sorted and then figure out a way on how to connect it! I have a feeling if I use a metal plate and add the switch my whole case might become a power switch...
Prime

Post by Prime »

sounds like its coming along nicely. keep it up dude
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Thanks for the comments! Got my order today! Been playing alot but had to run off to work today. Will post pics and updates tomorrow some time!
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Got my order in yesterday and took lots of pics! Theres still ALOT to get done with this order like sleeving, tidying up my case and so on, but heres what I've done so far. Hope you like it!

My box of goodies from Sybaritic

From right: Nexus Fan Controller, Antec TriCool 120mm Fan - Red and 2x Antec TriCool 80mm Fans - Blue

My mobo FINALLY came back from the suppliers with this order. Still waiting on my 40GB Western Digital HDD so Im using a 10GB :oops: at the moment... Will be upgrading the HDD's next though!

Heres my fan controller. Looks better than it did online I must admit, wasnt impressed with all the cables it came with though.... It means more sleeving for me :evil:

The 120mm Red fan in action. The LED's suck! I thought it would be brighter. Oh well, its going with that perspex grill that Ettienne made me so it will look sweet anyway!

The 2x 80mm fans. Going to be mounted on the perspex panel

Fancy fan controller hey! OOOOOOOHHHHHH look at the lights! It goes really nicely with my theme though!

Had to sand away some of my 3.5" bay, the controller didnt fit. it stuck out WAY too much! I've learnt from Ettienne though, just do things, you're a modder! Thanks for the advice, its helping!!!

The 80mm's mounted

Fan controller installed

Just to test if everything was working, I plugged in min hardware and mobo connectors. My mom was not happy at the look of my room!

1ST BOOT OF PROJECT: 777! I was so damn happy you cant even believe! Got that uCore error that I posted for help last night, updated my BIOS and all is working well!

This is what I was working with, everything is plugged in now. More pics to come. Im also gonna post a plan of my new switch layout. Im going to add touch sensitive switches, new LED's and Im gonna move the CCFL switch to the front!

*EDIT: Here is the plan for my front panel.
What you guys think so far?

WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Front Panel Plan added to post above
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

Man, those fans look flippin cool :)
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final
Prime

Post by Prime »

looking good dued. glad you got a working mobo...

you could always replace the LEDs with brighter ones... :twisted:
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Looking good!

Just a comment: wont it look better if you cut out those drilled holes where the fans are in the side perspex, and just cover the hole with a awesome looking fan grill.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Lithe_Joint wrote:Man, those fans look flippin cool
Thanks man! They better look cool for the ammount that I paid for them! Still gonna get 1x 120mm for the front and 1x 80mm for the back AND a PCI dual fan system for my GFX card
da_ripper wrote:looking good dued. glad you got a working mobo...

you could always replace the LEDs with brighter ones...
I might just, they look ok at night and the red plexi grill that Im getting from Ettienne is probably gonna make them stand out more. Not too worried. I didnt want too many colours in the first place!
Im also glad I got my mobo back! Now Im just waiting on my 40GB HDD to come back, working with 10GB's is not so cool :wink:
Thanks for the comments!
DarkRanger wrote:Looking good!

Just a comment: wont it look better if you cut out those drilled holes where the fans are in the side perspex, and just cover the hole with a awesome looking fan grill.

Thanks for the advice man! I might do that but Im gonna wait and see what my custom 80mm fan grill (doing them with plexi, same sort of idea that Ettienne did) and see how that looks. If its k@ka then I'll change the panel!

Thanks for all the comments guys, its much appreciated!
More updates will come soon
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

DarkRanger wrote:Looking good!

Totally agree.

you dont want the fan entry looking like that. Do get grills or make them like i did.

Bit of elbow grease and you feel very good about yourself after they are finished.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Do0b wrote:Totally agree.

you dont want the fan entry looking like that. Do get grills or make them like i did.

Bit of elbow grease and you feel very good about yourself after they are finished.
silv3rback wrote:Thanks for the advice man! I might do that but Im gonna wait and see what my custom 80mm fan grill (doing them with plexi, same sort of idea that Ettienne did) and see how that looks. If its k@ka then I'll change the panel!
I will be covering the holes with a perspex grill. Will see how it looks after that
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Sorry about the lack of updates guys. I took some pics today and should have them uploaded and posted tomorrow night latest. I've been really busy with work and trying to sort my PC out!
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

Looking guud. What case is that?
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Bobendren wrote:Looking guud. What case is that?
Codegen 6203L Middle Tower Chassis
:arrow: LINK

SMALL update for you guys, as promised:

Final shot of what my case looks like with everything inside. Still got LOTS of sleeving to do, mainly with the fan wires!

My new setup in my room. My PC used to be on the floor, but it was kinda pointless if you couldnt see the mod!

Got my HDD back yesterday. Sent it right back to Sybaritic. Didnt spin up :evil: :cry:

Now this is my setup, case open... waiting for more parts

With the CCFL on, just for show :wink:

_________

Will probably sort out the perspex window, thinking about getting a new perspex panel and clean cutting the ventilation holes for the 2x 80mm holes.
Still have to drill the hole for the roof fan support, thats where the red 120mm will be going
Will make a custom front panel for my power button, reset button, 2x CCFL switches (still going to add 1/2 UV CCFL's) and power and HDD usage LED's

Question: Is there a specific hole saw I need to buy for drilling in metal? I know I need a 114mm hole saw (thanks Ett!) but I dont know if there are ones for wood and metal...
Judas

Post by Judas »

Wow, it's really coming together nicely... Looking good dude! :bigups: :bigups:
'One will rarely err if extreme actions be ascribed to vanity, ordinary actions to habit, and mean actions to fear.'
- Friedrich Nietzsche

'Do not argue with Judas, nube, that would be foolish!'
- D3PART3D
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Judas wrote:Wow, it's really coming together nicely... Looking good dude! :bigups: :bigups:
Thanks man! Just a little bit more to do and then its the saving for hardware..not looking forward to that :cry:
I will get there eventually though
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

looking really good man, now u just need to get yourself a gromet/U-channel for around the cut side panel to make it look even more sekzi :P
Lithe_Joint

Post by Lithe_Joint »

Are you going to sleeve the powercable connected to the HDD, or do you have another plan with it?
Is that red fan being used as a cpu fan? Looks like it is floating in mid-air... 8)
Question: Is there a specific hole saw I need to buy for drilling in metal? I know I need a 114mm hole saw (thanks Ett!) but I dont know if there are ones for wood and metal...
There are different saws for a mixed variety of materials The one type is normally coloured yellow, and is used for wood and other soft materials, while the other is usually coloured white, and ment specifically for steel and other hard materials.(Not masonry...there is yet another type of saw for this...)
The rule of thumb is "easy does it"...the blade remains sharper for longer :)
the pen is mighter than the sword, but the word is always final