Weblinks + TV pilot eps + Mandriva 2007

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
nblom

Weblinks + TV pilot eps + Mandriva 2007

Post by nblom »

Hey Cameron, how about adding a clickable list of useful links (it could simply be an html page users can drop in a browser) on the cover disc - e.g. links featured in the mag and also other useful resources such as driver downloads and essential utilities, as well as informative sites we should regularly visit? By having a list of links we can click on, it would make visiting such sites and finding downloads much quicker and hassle-free, and there would be less chance of people sending in letters about "the link you published in issue ### doesn't work", due to mistyping or mis-reading a URL! I think many readers would benefit from such a WeblinksList (TM) :)

Also, how about more TV show pilot episodes on the disc? I really enjoyed the pilot of Over There, as I'm sure many other readers did...
Maybe you could occasionally include some trailers of movies as well?

What are the chances of getting the new Mandriva 2007 on side B of the cover disc? Could you write the disc FROM THE ISO, so we can install directly from the PCF DVD instead of having to write it to yet another disc? I mean if people want to make copies of it to give to someone else it is still as easy as making a disc copy with Nero or whatever burning app they're using, so there is really no need to put a 4GB ISO on the cover disc... just my opinion, though ;) ...and also, since PCF is a pressed disc there is less chance of DVD-ROM drives having difficulty reading it, unlike certain drives with certain brands of recordable DVDs... and it is also slightly more resistant to scratches, etc.

Would you guys be allowed to include the additional PLF packages for Mandriva 2007 as well? These are extra rpm packages not included with the main distribution... see http://plf.zarb.org/ - "Penguin Liberation Front"

Well I'm hoping to see at least *some* of my requests on a cover disc, before my PCF subscription runs out in 2007...

N.
Last edited by nblom on 20 Nov 2006, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

There is a coverdisc request thread :wink:
Last edited by Hman on 20 Nov 2006, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
nblom

Post by nblom »

My most humble apologies, dear Hman - I WAS infact at that very thread when I hit the "New Topic" button by mistake, instead of the "Post Reply" button! Knowing that it is a terrible offense to post a message in more than one location on the forum I did not really know how to fix my mistake... If one of the moderators could be so kind as to PLEASE MOVE MY POST to the correct thread I would very grateful :D
Last edited by nblom on 20 Nov 2006, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Sorry, didn't want to sound too harsh.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
nblom

Post by nblom »

That's OK :)