My WC Project ( NEW PICS! [!!!!RAD FIXED!!!!] 09/08/07 )

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok, Im going to go to Aluminium Traders to see if they can make a shroud for me... Otherwise ill have to find another place.. This is a basic diagram of My Shroud + My Mounting System - lemmi know what you think.

P.S The Fan will be mounted ontop of the rad inside the shroud... With just a hole big enough for the full diameter of the Actual Fan.

inf3ct10n

(Updated)

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok, decided ill update it a little bit more and post pictures of everything i have so far.

P.S Excuse the mess, and also... i am going to get a shroud made for the Fan and the Rad as soon as possible... will look around on the weekend.

Radiator - Top View

Radiator - Side View

Radiator + 120mm Fan

Tube Connected to Res (you cant really see res/pump too well)

Hose Clamps

---------

thats all for now, also if anyone knows where i can get a shroud made... plz lemmi know
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Hey inf3ct10n

Remember to seal that res properly hey. Have you sealed the inside with silicon. and that top hole i told you about with the cable coming through i suggest you epoxy them. The hole and the cable.
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

yeah, i have sealed the whole with the cable. I now just need to seal the top where it screws in... The bottom doesnt seem to have any leaks so ill check it out.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

No trust me it does. Both top and bottom
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Leaking res in a pc is bad news... I usually try to keep that type of combination as far apart as I possibly can...
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

will make 100% sure it doesnt leak before i put it anywhere near my pc with water in it.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Yea dont worrie my first DIY Res leaked. The one time i had water flowing through the base of my case. Onto my logitech 8" inch sub. I was WTF!!!.

But then made that perspex one. Works like a proper one that you buy.
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

DoOb wrote:Yea dont worrie my first DIY Res leaked. The one time i had water flowing through the base of my case. Onto my logitech 8" inch sub. I was WTF!!!.

But then made that perspex one. Works like a proper one that you buy.
You mean you didn't do a dry run (well not a dry run per say, but more a dummy run for 24hrs) before installing it into your PC??? silly silly silly...and lucky too
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Even with this watercooling i have in now. What dry run. Hey i am mad man. No need. MY watercooling is leak of freeness
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok, so ive Sealed the Res with silicon and im just waiting for it to dry before i test it....

I want to know the following, If my Pump has 2 sets of copper wires inside it..

One Set is Blue.

The Other set is brown.

Is It possible for me to put them into a Molex Connector And Plug it into my PSU?

If So, how do i go about it.

Its Currently Like that Without the Green/Yellow Wire.

Oh and also... That Fuse [3A] Is not in the Plug... it was just a basic diagram i found.

--------------------

Thanks for the Extra Heads up about the Res doobs.... did a Test now with water inside and turned it on to find that the bottom does leak... donno bout the top yet (i know the part where the cable comes out doesnt) donno bout round the sides... will test that out sometime tomorow
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

If you are sure that your pump 220V then what can do is mod your PSU. Just don't make use of a molex connector to supply the 220V from your PSU. Look for a well insulated connector that is rated for use on 220Vac. What you then do is SOLDER 2 wires on the inside of your PSU. Solder them onto the kettle plug itself. Remember though to UNPLUG the mains power before you attempt this...
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

no see the thing is... i dont want to have to plug my pump into the wall.. on the other hand it is quite a short cable... and dont want to have it permanently plugged into the psu...would become a mission...

So again i ask... Is it possible to use a molex connector on the end of the pump cable?
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Dont use a molex connector. All you need is a male power cable for the power supply and hook the pump to that. The you add a switch and you sorted.

I post a pic of what i did.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

Your pump runs on 220V?

Building WC or a fish tank?
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

doobs, plz post pics so i can see..
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

K man here is what i did. Obviously mine is temporary. But just check what i did.

Use what i used. Buy one 220V toggle switch so that you can switch the pump on when need be.

Another View. Back view

DoOb's
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

I wouldn't feel safe running 220V under my mobo like that. Never mind use a connector block.

But that's probably why it's 'temporary'.
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

err Ok? that makes abseloutely no sence to me... i dont see wot im supposed to do, besides my psu doesnt have 2 slots @ the back like urs does... so yeh, donno wot im gonna do.

wot happened to the Pci relay card u had doobs?
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

I didn't get it. cause i don't want unnecessary things in my slots. Needs to be as neat as possible.
I wouldn't feel safe running 220V under my mobo like that. Never mind use a connector block.
It is gonna run at the top of the pc not behind the mobo.
GrimStoner

Post by GrimStoner »

It's actually pretty easy to use the parallel port to control relays.
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

inf3ct10n wrote:err Ok? that makes abseloutely no sence to me... i dont see wot im supposed to do, besides my psu doesnt have 2 slots @ the back like urs does... so yeh, donno wot im gonna do.
This is what you should do. Go to an electronics shop. Ask them if they have a connector that will handle 220Vac @ 5 Ampere (Check what your pumps current rating is first though). Then you buy this connector with a male and female connector. Also make sure the connector you buy is a panel mount type. Now open your PSU, SOLDER 2 wires to the 220Vac input (The single black kettle plug. The brown wire is live, the blue wire is neutral. Make a hole large enough for the new connector to fit. Remember to fit the female connector inside your PSU. Now you can connect and disconnect your pump inside your case from your PSU. You can also add a seperate switch to switch the pump on and off aswell. If you still don't have a clue PM me and I'll help you if you want
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Just be careful when working on the PSU, the smoothing capacitors can hold a pretty big charge. I'd recommend discharging the caps by unplugging the PSU from the mains and then puttinga short circuit across the live a neutral pins of the psu (carefully though!). 8)
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok so i spoke 2 samaya, and he said he'll get in touch with the suppliers and get the best price for me.. ontop of that, he has kindly agree'd to help me at no extra cost - Samaya FTW :P

Rather have someone who knows what they're doing... then do it yourself and fk everything up... so yeh, will keep you updated.
inf3ct10n

Post by inf3ct10n »

Ok well, i was going to buy a waterblock from 134z1k but yeah, as most of you know.. that didnt go down well So im still looking for a Waterblock... Still waiting for Samaya on a Relay System, and Im still waiting to get a 'shroud' made for my Radiator..

If anyone knows where i can get 1 made cheap... like for R50 or less :)

plz lemmi know, this is Corsair's Nautilus 500, its kind of what i want to make for my radiator... So yeh, if anyone knows... lemmi know