RED DEVIL: ROTM and Case Mod Alteration

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
DoOb

RED DEVIL: ROTM and Case Mod Alteration

Post by DoOb »

Hey There Guys

Thought i would post my case. And yes i sprayed it PINK inside BUT for a purpose. It gives a contrast to the case.

Here you see the case taken without flash on. This really inhanses the RED CCFL's. Red Perspex was used to give the CCFL's that real red.

Frontal view of my Case. Actually thinking of Painting another graphic using oil paint. Something REALLY COOL. My first paint job & MOD Experience was this goblin type character. Will post that aswell for you guys.

Last of my case. This is a setup pic of my computer and if you look to the left that drawing i did in my Final Art practical. So there is an idea of my art to paper experience. Something like that on my case. Using oil paint though. And yes i keep my bedroom clean at all times.

Here is my first case i was talking about With the hand painted pic i got from my friend which he drew in pencil, i simply copied it and added colour.

Here is the back view of the case with the BIG cut out. Thats for the mesh. Still need to speak to methais but thats the next act. Here are two pics of the cut out.

The next pic you see it has a note there if you go to the networking section my thread is there with my Wireless Network project. I will update that thread aswell, for the speeds and signal strength etc.

Cheers
DoOb's
Last edited by DoOb on 04 Mar 2007, 19:50, edited 53 times in total.
qace

Post by qace »

Wow Doobs that looks cool.
thrillseeker75

Post by thrillseeker75 »

i like the pink, i saw a pink case on one of the pics on carnage lan website
_

Post by _ »

Dig it... I want to paint my case Flourescent green when I get the time...
You must actually spray the PSU black or something...
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

good idea. Will do that and then update that pic. I wanted my case to be green inside but Modshop didnt have green CCFL and i bought my Red ones for R87 so i went with that.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

buy some heatshrink for the ends of the tubes.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
viceroy

Post by viceroy »

Doobs...nice work there son...I like your black tubing idea...think I may borrow it for my case.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

hey viceroy

if you want i can organise you some but you will need to pay a fee. Would have to ask my friend i got it from him

Just finished doing the 120mm hole for the other fan which is going into the side panel perspex. Took me an hour an half or maybe more to cut that hole. Use my gas stove and a hot knife. DAM it took long.
Finished sanding the inside and will now make the 4 holes for the screws. Done.

Will need to find a nice grill or i might make one out of alliminum or something.

Now i need a grill and mesh for the back and top when i cut up there.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Got my blades for my jigsaw so i can cut the top of the case in the design i have drawn there. Will post pics on progress
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Wow doobs...I must say that is very neat cable management...Exept for the masking tape part :P lol

Nicely done man...

EDIT: Nice dude...that thing you did with the expansion slots gave me an Idea just now...w00t w00t
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Nice work doob :wink:

I can see you Image

:lol:
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Thanks you guys. Both your case i seen are pretty awesome. But here is an update

Hey guys

ok had trouble with the jigsaw but i was able finish. And you wanna know how. First with the jigsaw didnt get very far because things started to flap so i couldn't go any further. So i thought the only other option and because i dont't have a Dremel i used a Angle grinder. Yes you heard me right.

Here is the two pics of the completed excerise.

And side view

DoOb's
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

For an Angle Grinder...that is pretty frikken good dude!!
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

next is either to put mesh there or perspex. and i will need to spray my case again with a couple layers of black and then clear spray paint
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Very nice, especially for an angle grinder! :shocked:
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Nice work dude. Really. But i have one question:

Is that masking tape?!
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Nice work dude. Really. But i have one question:

Is that masking tape?!
Smells like it..tastes like it..feels like it...hell it even looks like it.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Here is another pic of my case

Lights on.

And dont worries about the tape it's tempory for now. Just wanna get the cse finished.[/img]
Bobendren

Post by Bobendren »

Looks cool, mesh on top of that would definately look awesome . That modshop sticker kinda spoils it though.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Constructive critisism? Here goes...

1. Dont use masking tape. Ever. Not even for a temp solution. If you do that you will grow into "ag its not looking so ****" brainwashing yourself. >>> Newsflash: its looking ****.

2. Use the tools of the trade. If you managed to cut that flame design with an angle grinder, think how much sweeter it would have looked with a dremel...

3. Can't put my finger on it... wait I can. That pain job. Mannn... jeesh. You gona need some scrubbing and sanding to get that smooth and silky. Enuf said.

4. The over-all looks of the case is great and I love the ideas around it, but it lacks that pro finish and "touch". For a starter case mod its not that bad, but I wont submit it as "my best work" to be judged by peers.

This is all my opinion. I am by no means a modder, but I do have an eye and appeciation for work done well the first time. Any work. Yours just dont cut it, but dont give up - you will get there.

s

ps - Try a bigger budget.
DoOb

Post by DoOb »

Thanks for the lecture, but for starters i dont have an income where i can buy things eg: a dremel, can't even get a hold of one. So use what you have in this case a jigsaw would have done it but things started to flap and so i am getting quite good at using an angle grinder, when you see the end product i am sure you will change your mind.

Anything in the case will change, including that ****** tape, stickers what ever spoils it. Remember my budget isn't much, i am no rich guy. Work hasn't come my way yet but i am still trying.
Last edited by DoOb on 31 Aug 2006, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
qace

Post by qace »

looks great Doobs
Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Dude That flame job is pretty impressive. Personnally I would put the same perspex under it as your side panel. The side panel is looking mighty fine.

BTW use a finer toothed balde for the Jigsaw. You cut slower but you have 100 times less flapping. I have to say using a angle grinder to cut the flame was brave but man it came out very well. Well done indeed.

Good mod so far man. You some serious modding potensial 8) 8)
EvilCow

Post by EvilCow »

Doobs it's looking really good, Nice flame work, keep it up don't listen to the peanut gallery trying to tear the mod down.
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

hi doobs. I think go for a black mesh, would look very cool, too much red perspex would look too much, you want a classy mod not a christmas tree.
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.