Browser Review: IE, FireFox, Chrome or Opera, who's better?

Any software related topics go in here.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Browser Review: IE, FireFox, Chrome or Opera, who's better?

Post by Anakha56 »

JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Nice thread. I use Firefox 1.5 at the moment. It works well for me.
floppy
Permanently Banned

Post by floppy »

ive got all 3, opera can be unstable when using a proxy server, it does'nt allow you if you are using a proxy to go to a secure site "hotmail.com", it takes longer to load and the pictures take longer to load aswell
Msie is favourite because it loads much faster and you can access secure sites with it via a proxy server
Firefox is an exception because im only using it for downloads with jap, i hav'nt tried my proxy settings with it though
msie teh winna "4 me"
I could resist to promote piracy and bash mods. Now im banned
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Hmmm... I'm gonna try IE7.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

I've tried Internet Explorer 7. In my opinion it's the biggest Firefox ripoff out there. Points deducted from Microsoft.

Personally, I'd go with Firefox over IE any day. I haven't ever used Opera.
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Using Opera 9 and loving it!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Opera 9 for me, have tried all three and Opera is by far my choice...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

Tried all three, Opera is pretty good, but still only second choice, Firefox is still the best, and IE7 isnt worth the trouble of downloading.
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
floppy
Permanently Banned

Post by floppy »

Well it works for me thats all i can say, i am however using a proxy server, anyway has anyone tried other browsers?
Last edited by floppy on 19 Jul 2006, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
I could resist to promote piracy and bash mods. Now im banned
Black-Ice

Post by Black-Ice »

In my opinion the only reason that IE is so "cool" is because its released with windows so everyone knows how to use it.
Opera I just oout right don't like.
I think Firefox is the best. It has also been rated as the best (and the fastest). but its all depends on your preference

-The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
-Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire

KITTEN HUFFING <- Clicky :lol:
GOVERNMENT WARNING: According to the Surgeon General, the use of kitten huffing impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Anakha56 wrote:Opera 9 for me, have tried all three and Opera is by far my choice...
For sure, Opera is miles ahead of Firefox and IE IMO. :wink:
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

im using firefox, tried the beta of 2... not too bad but a few things needed checking up on... i cant open certain pages etc. only thing that i'm really happy with is the ability to close tabs with out having to be in them, IE7... didnt like the way they changed the looks... yet to use opera.

i've got into so many arguements with my boss between firefox and IE, whenever i have to use IE i actually get irritated, it's slower (for me anyway) and quite often you can't click on links until the page is up. esp. with fancy macromedia websites... Firefox FTW!
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

given what you guys have been saying about opera i'll give it a shot.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

na....firefox is cool 4 me...but i am tied in with both firefox and IE.
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Spoiler: (show)
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Firefox is my winner, although haven't tried Opera in a long time.
IE7 looks promising haven't got round to downloading it yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Worship

Post by Worship »

I normally use firefox 1.5 but today i downloaded Opera 9 and it looks pretty cool, not as quick as firefox but cool
simmy

Post by simmy »

Adblock the best thing since ...erm... things!
Firefox FTW!
stewy_w

Post by stewy_w »

I'm using opera9 ATM
Opera 9 can read text aloud for u, and when u select text you can right click and then search on the web
and u can zoom the website, u can browse WAP sites, its got widgets, it's got a builtin menu for forums, u can hv your own css for websites, u can save sessions, it's got bittorent, u can preview tabs etc..
only thing missing is the quick find which is on Firefox

i hvnt tried IE 7 though
Running Vista is like being in a candy store that only sells black liquorice at exorbitant prices. Oh, and you\'re only allowed to eat the candy in the store.
Worship

Post by Worship »

stewy_w wrote:I'm using opera9 ATM
Opera 9 can read text aloud for u, and when u select text you can right click and then search on the web
and u can zoom the website, u can browse WAP sites, its got widgets, it's got a builtin menu for forums, u can hv your own css for websites, u can save sessions, it's got bittorent, u can preview tabs etc..
only thing missing is the quick find which is on Firefox

i hvnt tried IE 7 though
how do u make it read text aloud?
stewy_w

Post by stewy_w »

select the text u want it to read, then right clicK -> Voice
Running Vista is like being in a candy store that only sells black liquorice at exorbitant prices. Oh, and you\'re only allowed to eat the candy in the store.
F-ROD

Post by F-ROD »

For browser compatibility, i have to use the big3 namely Firefox1.5, Opera9 and ie7. I love FF, especially with the add-ons(cant wait for ver2, it's suppsed 2 b out i think), its freakin fast, search is easy and this is one of the best features i like as the other browsers hav that irritating dialog boxes, opera is also frikkin fast, especially with torrents, bt i havent used any add-ons yet, busy with an irritating php proj, and ie7, just because most users use this and so sites must have no problem being viewed here, otherwise they just mimiced FF in everything and i hate that, all i can say ab ie is that they improved their GUI, otherwise everything else i got from FF and i wasnt suprised with any of their features, so my final words are, trust mozilla, they are friends and microsoft are enemies pretending to be friends, coz once they squash the competition, they're gonna sell it 2 u.
Worship

Post by Worship »

stewy_w wrote:select the text u want it to read, then right clicK -> Voice
Thanks i will try it out after the file downloads
M1K3

Post by M1K3 »

so as i had said earlier, i would try opera...

I have had it running for five days, on my work PC (ADSL) and @ home (GPRS)

Opera: The interface takes some getting used to... I've yet to make it look more like FF, however It's seems to be a lot faster @ home, compared to FF. It only uses 31mb RAM whereas FF uses 65mb+. I disable images from loading @ home because 56k is faster than GPRS... it doesn't handle quite as well as FF, alot of the text overlap... but the speed increase it is worth it. I like it... I think i'll stick with it for a while.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

f**k! Another 1. Opera. Its the best 4 loads of reasons! Supports all browsing formats, can change ur user agent 2 ie, mozzila and opera so u can browse any site even wml. It has the smallest installer, they hav it 4 almost all platforms. Even ds apparently. Its the fastest and doesnt copy ****** like ff do wif da interface. It also has irc and torrents built in. There is loads m0re including the resume function. And vlive is slow en0ugwith out jap
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Haha, more and more converting to the wonders of Opera by the day... :D