Logo design needed - Pleeeeease!

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
doo_much

Logo design needed - Pleeeeease!

Post by doo_much »

We're a small group of idiots that go rapping, scuba diving etc etc.
We call it LAMP.
As in Loose Assosiaction of Mad People. Looong story.

So the request is this.

Can anyone out there design a logo for us? Free of charge of course
:wink:

I was thinking of something along the lines of someone with scuba kit on the back tarzanning down a rope with, of course, a LAMP in the other hand. Cartoonish type thing.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

The background of my character will be removed when payment is sent. LOL! Just kidding.

I'll remove it on the full size full resolution one. Before I do, and changes and is that ok?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

Dude...thats really gay putting your pic in every ****** pic you make!
SHL3B1B
Permanently Banned

Post by SHL3B1B »

lol.. i agree!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

-=WiK1d=- wrote:Dude...thats really gay putting your pic in every ****** pic you make!
STFU, Wikid!

I said I'll remove it in the proper one, I'm practising trademark watermarking, n00b. You make one then! Why can't I put my character graphic in stuff I make?
Last edited by neon_chameleon on 28 Feb 2006, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Its called a watermark. Its used for displaying proofs to clients. It prevents them from stealing your work.

Its not lame.

Neon - Loosen up the embossing a little on the text and try adding a inner glow to make the circle look a little more glassy.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

ok confession time.
I'm on my PDA so I canna see much!
But even from here i'ts looking GOOD!
thnx Neon.
Can u maybe change the lamp to someting like an old-fashioned storm llatern and like make the rope 'work'.
you rapping- falling down by aid of a rop :lol:

oh - plz leave the chameleon _- We LIKE!!!!!!!!!!
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

maxxis wrote:Its called a watermark. Its used for displaying proofs to clients. It prevents them from stealing your work.

Its not lame.

Neon - Loosen up the embossing a little on the text and try adding a inner glow to make the circle look a little more glassy.
Thanks maxxis, well put.

Ok, I've done those, let's see how it turns out. It does have an inner glow actually, but I see what you mean so I made it deeper and textured bevel and embross. Thanks for suggestions!

maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Nice. Love the textured smokey look.

With make the rope alive you can have it loop around inside and maybe extend outside the circle frame. Maybe make it a frayed knot at the end. Same with the diver. Maybe have his feet extend outside the circle.

Good luck
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Have to keep this active SOMEHOW don't I? :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Nah, doo_much, it would get lost. :)

doo_much, do you want it like maxxis suggests? Besides the paraffin lamp change what else is necessary to change?
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Just come back from today's rap. Man - some women are just MEANT to come down a rope. :lol:
Sunday 90m rap with PureRush. heeeeeee

@Neon
if it isn't too much trouble I'd love it if you could try. Looking good so far!
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Kk, will be able to do it on friday. :)
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

I'd like to see this - an Animation By NEON!!!
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

neon_chameleon wrote:Kk, will be able to do it on friday. :)
Muchos thanks :!:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

RiD1 wrote:I'd like to see this - an Animation By NEON!!!
No disrespect to your animation skillz, but I don't particular like animated gifs, the constant repetition of frames makes my eyes go sqonk. :)