Curse Microsoft!

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
mxo21011

Curse Microsoft!

Post by mxo21011 »

:evil: So, after yet another bi-monthly cleanup and format, and XP Home Reinstallation, Microsoft again managed to deliver a nasty surprise in the form of:
"YOU HAVE EXCEEDED THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN ACTIVATE WINDOWS XP WITH THIS SERIAL KEY. PLEASE ENTER A DIFFIRENT KEY"
What the f***!!! I forked out over R1000 for the $%Y#*#&!# piece of software, and now it's useless!!! Fortunetly I have another OEM copy that came with my new machine, but still, why limit people to number of times they can reinstall windows!?!?!? Last count, this was the 5th activation - anybody else had this problem!?!?!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
mxo21011

(&^##$#&^%(%&$@@!@#$%&

Post by mxo21011 »

And now the support site says they don't offer support to people with OEM product numbers!!!!!!! And since I can't see my product number from my other windowsXP @!#%@#$&@#$!!!! they don't except product keys?!!?!?!? $#@%&%^*$#@^@$%@@@!!!!

:evil:
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Get used to it! Theres nothing that can be done, they really dont give a ***** and it sux like hell! I can only see a solution to microsoft emerging a couple of years down the line, mayb right here in the good ol' RS of A when all the E3's with software writing capabilities and many other valuable abilities decide to overpower them! :lol:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
rubber_toad

Post by rubber_toad »

search for keys on kazaa. quite simple really. see if i give a f*ck that its illegal. microsoft are wankers, ill screw 'em over as much as possible.

Post by default »

Its actually funny as hell. MS are so into licences and spotting Pirate copies of their software that they are forcing people to use pirate versions.

ironic isnt it?
Tex was taken so Default it is....
The_Master

Post by The_Master »

You even get a cd changer for Windows XP.
If your key doesn't work just change it with one that does work.

If Microsoft would firstly drop there prices on there software more ppl would aford to buy it.
And if they put limits on the times you can reload your machine they should consider developing software that won't need to be reloaded.

Just a thought
mxo21011

Post by mxo21011 »

Well, I guess MS isn't that bad -$#^^%$W&^%#@&$~%@!^%#&*^@%#$!^#!!@ - :evil:
After calling MS-SA - they couldn't help me - so i had to call MS in the f*** UK, and they said they can help, but I need to be infront of my PC- ^$$#@%#@$#!$#!!! So another overseas call awaits tonight when I get home - is it legal to send them a phone bill???

:evil: :evil: :evil:
rubber_toad

Post by rubber_toad »

dont do t the legal way, it will never work. kazaa is the way forward. (linux as well!)
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Don't talk about Piracy on this site or your bottom is banned... :x

Piracy bad!

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
mxo21011

Post by mxo21011 »

That's what gets me, I fork out the money to combat piracy, and what do you get for it - 5 tries and then game over - really!!! :evil:
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

There is a simple solution. install win2k you can do it as mant time as you like. :wink:
A little havoc never hurt nobody ;)
rubber_toad

Post by rubber_toad »

i dont understand why people will willingly pay an exorbitant price for legal software, and think that by doing so they are making a difference.
mxo21011

Post by mxo21011 »

Some of us don't cheat on our taxes, some of us pay our way - like it or not, not complying with the lisence received with the software, or worse not paying for it is theft any which way you look at it. Some of you choose not to abide by this, but hey, each to his own. It would just be a nightmare if the BSA came knocking, and my software was illegal.

Play it safe on the legal side, don't OD and don't drink & drive :twisted:
Last edited by mxo21011 on 29 Aug 2003, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
MonicanSpy

Post by MonicanSpy »

rubber_toad wrote:i dont understand why people will willingly pay an exorbitant price for legal software, and think that by doing so they are making a difference.
Actually, if more people had a better attitude than that, it will make a difference! You think that 1 person buying legal isn't making a difference? Maybe it doesn't make a big impact on the stats BUT it for sure makes a difference. MICROSOFT doesn't make software so that it can be pirated and sold for profit by others!!! Otherwise, if that was the case, I think they will only make one copy of their software and allow it to be distributed freely! :x BUY LEGAL :!:
rubber_toad

Post by rubber_toad »

assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups. did i say that i had a pirated copy of windows? for all you know, im in the same situation as mxo. dont be moronic. i dont do crack os's. (but if anyone in ct is after a certain alpha...)
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

rubber_toad, promoting piracy on this site is not on. Don't make me angry!

Why didn't MS SA put you through to the UK using their lines? They normally do that for other problems so I can't see why they didn't do it for you. Then again, it's been a while since I've called them so maybe things have changed. Try and save yourself some cash and call the support number again (0860 22 55 67), ask them to put you through. You never know...
mxo21011

Post by mxo21011 »

I did, maybe I was just too nice :evil:
will try again later today :twisted:
rubber_toad

Post by rubber_toad »

Cameron Losco wrote:rubber_toad, promoting piracy on this site is not on. Don't make me angry!

Why didn't MS SA put you through to the UK using their lines? They normally do that for other problems so I can't see why they didn't do it for you. Then again, it's been a while since I've called them so maybe things have changed. Try and save yourself some cash and call the support number again (0860 22 55 67), ask them to put you through. You never know...
chill out dude :wink:
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
mxo21011

Post by mxo21011 »

Hey, that was I heat of the moment post - I still love PC's, just the OS's can send my up the wall sometimes. :twisted:
AngryRabbit

Post by AngryRabbit »

assumption is the mother of all f*ck-ups. did i say that i had a pirated copy of windows? for all you know, im in the same situation as mxo. dont be moronic. i dont do crack os's. (but if anyone in ct is after a certain alpha...)
Well it's either assumption or your birth. Hard to decide really.
rubber_toad

Post by rubber_toad »

thats funny angryrabbit.
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

An Apple a day makes Bondi go "Yay!" :D

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Synkronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Synkronos »

:lol: Very funny Only1 :) Very witty
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.