Help... my venice id is newcastle?

Any hardware related topics go here.
Fatality3

Help... my venice id is newcastle?

Post by Fatality3 »

I bought a 3500+ 939s 512kb cpu 0.90u, now it says that my id is newcastle a 0.130u
process tech, angry i phoned the tech who told me that he would replace it if i am not satified because he told me the cpu was venice & 0.90u....
WTF do i do now.
I have been using the chip for a week and i am afraid that replacing the chip that he mabe could lose his job...
is the venice really that much better?
general_koffi

Post by general_koffi »

They are exactly the same at stock. The Venice just overclocks quite a lot better.
Core 2 Duo E6300 @2.2Ghz
ASUS P5B
Force3D Radeon HD 4870 512MB
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
Creative X-Fi Xtremegamer
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

You should have checked part numbers before purchase or on the actual chip before install.
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

How?, with what?, we just moved and the guy assured me that you only get venice cores now :x .
now I am stuck with this cpu.
and on the cpu stands: amd(tm) athlon(tm) 64 bit s/nXXXXXXXX F/nXXXXXXX.
where can i check these numbers?
and were can i get a decent cpu id prog?
o, great masters of computing :wink:
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah don't worry I'll be angry too.

But next time remember to give the guys product codes when ordering and check those codes before you collect and leave.

AMD

See the "Processor Quick Reference Guide" at the bottom of the page.

You are looking for the P/N (part number).

EDIT :

Read this to explain the part numbers / revisions / steppings.

And you should use CPU-Z 1.31
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

Thanx Rayne, i ow you a beer man, but first i must get over that pesky 18 :D
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Give that beer to Jason over at SA3DOC instead. He helped me with the same question not to long ago.

And don't be afraid to tell people straight-up what you want in life bru.

Get that CPU swapped-out.

If you asked for a Venice and were told you got a Venice, then insist on a Venice.
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

Okay i opend the case removed the fan&heatsink and got the number ada3500dka4cg so i checked it out and it seems to be a 0.09u cpu 8O .@ http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop ... 3500DKA4CG
but it doesn't say that it's venice...
CPUID 1.31(latest) say the core is a newcastle & 0.13u process.
so whats wrong now? it seems that this may be a consipracy :? .

edit: okay i found some site's listing the cpu: they say the core is venice...
but i found a site saying the core is newcastle.
so can they be different. or should i apoligise to the oke? :oops:
this is really confusing. :cry: .
and now i will have to go buy a $2.49 wort of thermal grease "sigh"
I think it's time to send a email to their costomer support...
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Where did you buy it from if I may ask?

I'm not sure if CPU-Z will make mistakes in this regard... Unless I missed something somewhere...
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

I bought it from Zerion computers in NY, I'm here at the moment but I am heading back to SA monday for final arrangements.
the problem is getting there they are about 24miles away, which in this place is alot of walking.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Oh, sorry then, thought you were here. Was thinking if you got it from decent guys like compsonly, pcstudio or the likes here then their word would be good and so their exchange policy.

I think you should refer this question to Jason, solo, MrBean and the likes.

I don't know what's going on here, sorry. This E4 stepping is not mentioned on that link I gave you so I'm now lost myself...
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

umm... stepping 4
cg=newcastle but it's a 0.09u but there isn't a 0.09u newcastle
some sites advertise as venice but cpuid says it's a newcastle.
UNLESS THE TRAY:ADA3500DKA4CG DIFFERS FROM THE PIB:ADA3500CGBOX meaning that they are screwing the honest guy over with old cores and bad cpu's
But mabe the most terrifieng is that the newcastle is rated 135w and venice is rated 65w. This could get very dangerous for system health.
Okay what i am going to do now, i am going to contact them by phone or e-mail and fing out.
P.S please help me.... timmy .... plese help me....
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

The "BOX" at the end merely means that it's a retail package (heatsink & fan included) and not OEM (CPU only).

Ignore that code, it's correct.
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

Their customer support said that the cpu core depends on when it was manufactured...
they asked for the s/n and p/n and said that it's a : newcastle stepping 4 e4 0.09u
512kb revisionned 3500+ 939 venice in that order :? .
well that explains alot...
amd costomer support sucks bottom... and it seems their product is lingering to that side too. also i cant email them because i can't get registered, why i have no idea. something about my password needing a special caracter not !@#$%$%^^&&*(() but a special one... seems like a bloody mess. and they charge $1 a minute support i was calling them and held for like 40 minutes my dad is gonna kill me...

so does anyone have a idea? anyone? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Syndicate

Post by Syndicate »

http://www.sa3doc.co.za/modules.php?nam ... cle&sid=62
This will help you, CG is a old clawhammer!!!
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

I just did some benc on pcwizard 2006 and it turns out the perf of my cpu is a bit better than a 3500+ 939 venice and very near a 3800 performance wise, but the progam doens't say which core i have...
I'll see if i can get a decent benchmark app on the web.
thanx :wink: .
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

Okay i have a newcastle core built around the clawhammer design 0.09u nanometre design 65 w power consumption. 939 -factory o/c by 200mhz.
This seems more and more to be a "bang for buck chip than anything else"

It actually says this chip is cheaper... then why the hell did i pay full price for it. :x .
The manager says that the chip is a non return or exchange policy. with a year garentee(on the box says 3 years).
sorry he said, after that he asked me to politely to leave or he would call security.
now what?
p.s I did started cursing after he told me that bs about the warrenty.... :(

EDIT: * i found a better amd id prog at http://cbid.amdclub.ru/ , it called central brain identifier and supports all amd cpu up to 01/06.
download at : http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/fclick/fclick.php?fid=254 *
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Bhahahaha :lol:
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Which Store is this? We can report it over at SystemShock, and we send an email to the Manager to explain.

All boxed Intel and AMD cpu's have a 3year warranty, the Manager is ****** you. It is very dishonest what he is doing, and it would be nice to report him, or put him out of business all together.

There is no place for @rseholes like these ;) in the world of business ethics.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Yip...

If you take this to the right people he will have his business licence revoked if it isnt a first time... maybe a hefty fine and court order will make him turn ethical :D :D
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

The store is in NEW YORK :? . So i dont know yet where to go to report them, but i'm going back to sa tommorow so it will be a prob until i go back in march or so.
also, I don't want to spend more money on my cpu because i'm looking to buy a better and bigger monitor.

o, and my parents said they will find out for me but they are coming along :? .
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Cool.

But he's in NY, so no good complaining here. Or will you guys still handle complaints accross states?

Btw, what about Take2 then? They do the same thing, 1y AMD warranty, and Viewsonic etc also. When I enquired about this they told me to take my business somewhere else then. So I did, compsonly sourced from the same supplier and backed the correct 3y warranty. Take2 have a 6x dead pixel LCD policy as well, other oke's said they'll exchange regardless, because if you bought something new, it should be in perfect condition, whilst Take2 told me it will be to bad then, as they will not exchange it.

Any thought on this?
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

Ye, i see on alot of pages the warranty differ so the cpu/mem/mobo etc. can have a lifetime warrenty but they will only give a warrenty for 1-2 years :evil: .

that is reallly evviiiilllll! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

What is this store called. It isn't perharps in Brooklyn cause then better stay away.

Next time try CompUSA or NewEgg. I had great service from them.
Fatality3

Post by Fatality3 »

Zerion computers, I bought my stuff at them because they had it all in stock, a shame it was from 1956's era...