Internet Connection Teaming

Network problem solving and tweaks
anvil

Post by anvil »

I want to team together two of my active internet connections, to aggregate bandwidth. It doesn´t look like WinXP supports this natively, so I guess I´ll have to look at a 3rd party solution, but am not keen to pay a huge sum of money for an entire suite, when I only need one function. Any ideas or suggestions?
<BR>
Dracos

Post by Dracos »

The Network Connections feature performs PPP Multilink dialing over multiple ISDN, X.25, or modem lines. The feature combines multiple physical links into a logical bundle and the resulting aggregate link increases your connection bandwidth. To dial multiple devices, both your connection and your remote access server must have Multilink enabled.
<BR>
<BR>Network Connections can dynamically control the use of multilinked lines. By allocating lines only as they are required, thereby eliminating excess bandwidth, you can realize a significant efficiency advantage. You can configure the conditions under which extra lines are dialed, and underused lines are hung up, through Network Connections settings.
<BR>
<BR>Multilink is automatically enabled in Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional
<BR>