I play Rowing

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Supreem1

I play Rowing

Post by Supreem1 »

Anyone here row?
"Hello, I'm a schizophrenic. And so am I. And so am I."
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

shouldnt your topic title be a little less errrrr conspicous? something like "I row do you?" wait that sounds worse hmmm? how about "Rowing the Mans Sport?" no wait errrr i give up drinking and trying to be witty doesnt work....

where do you row? i know a girl who used to row for uct... maybe she still does...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
The_Fenix

Post by The_Fenix »

I row for my school. We go down to Roodeplaat dam three rimes a week. @Anakha56: At least you got one thing right, rwoing is a mans sportit is not for p**sies. If you don't know what thatword means PM me and I'll tell you.;)
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

I can sum a column and row!! Muhahaha!

=sum(A1:B2)

w00t!
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Supreem1

Post by Supreem1 »

I chose the title because people ask me what sport i play. so i say,
I wrote:I play Rowing
. Why shouldn't it be conspicous?

I row for my school in PE (narrows it down a bit) and fitness is a ***** :twisted: We've just had three regattas. 1 in PE, 1 in Knysna and 1 in East London.
No comment on results. @ neon Harhar a funny guy :wink:
The_Fenix

Post by The_Fenix »

Well, I guess your school is doing badly. Well my school isn't doing that well either. At our last regatta (Guateng Champs) My Four won a bronze and that is the best we have done so far.
dammod

Post by dammod »

I wanna start rowing next year. I am going to St. Benedicts next year (Gr11) and thats a big rowing school. I have started training at out local gym on the Rowing machine.
Did 1010m in 5min. The most I have ever pulled on that machine is like 400watts in one pull. What have u guys done?
The_Fenix

Post by The_Fenix »

You don't need to look at the watts, rather change the screen to splits which is how long it takes you to do 500m. I think the sign is 500m/ something like that. Anyways if you want to row at St. Bendydicks then you'll have to pull much harder. I am in grade 10 next year and at the moment I can go 10 634m in 45 minutes. Last year I could row 1000m in 3:54 I think and I might try one some other day. Also my time for 5000m is 20:14 which is OK.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Borat wrote: I come to Henley Regatta where old English gentlemen look at young muscley boy in a boat shaped like a man's hràng. This is most special event of Summer Season. I come to find out why.
http://www.webgeordie.co.uk/borat/henley.htm
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

ROFL!!!!!

jamin, dude that 0wns. I remember that episode, what a hoot. Way to go Benjamin.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
dammod

Post by dammod »

The_Fenix wrote:You don't need to look at the watts, rather change the screen to splits which is how long it takes you to do 500m. I think the sign is 500m/ something like that. Anyways if you want to row at St. Bendydicks then you'll have to pull much harder. I am in grade 10 next year and at the moment I can go 10 634m in 45 minutes. Last year I could row 1000m in 3:54 I think and I might try one some other day. Also my time for 5000m is 20:14 which is OK.
Nice times man.

Yeah, Im in Gr10 now too.

Like I said, I have only just started training. I have been doing homeschooling for the past 2 years so my fitness is a bit low atm. I want to get it up for next year. Ill let u know what my times are in a few weeks. And another thing, I did that time on a machine and the machine has diff setting from hard to easy. what u do it on? I have mine set right in the middle.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

neon_chameleon wrote:ROFL!!!!!

jamin, dude that 0wns. I remember that episode, what a hoot. Way to go Benjamin.
Eh? Dude, no offence, but you got aggro when Jamin posted a picture of you even though you are in the gallery, and when I once said Hexies name by mistake, you edited my post and called me a noob. So... :lol:
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Zell_D wrote:
neon_chameleon wrote:ROFL!!!!!

Eh? Dude, no offence, but you got aggro when Jamin posted a picture of you even though you are in the gallery, and when I once said Hexies name by mistake, you edited my post and called me a noob. So... :lol:
What's that got to do with the price of Stilton in London? Borat is an international public figurehead, very different from an anti-neon campaign.

I'm not in the gallery. That whole editting your posts thing was part of the initiation process, just be thankful you didn't get a "welcome flaming" or a dunked face in the toliet and a wedgie.

BTW, sorry for the thread hijack, but rowing isn't all that exciting. No offense.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Hey Kid-mod!... You better watch out boy. :lol: :rofl:

WHen I first saw this thread, I couldnt stop rolling on the floor laughing my freaking bottom off. But I didnt want to make the first reply, as that is Cappo's job. :lol:
The_Fenix

Post by The_Fenix »

Well is it settings one to ten and if so put it between 4 and 5. BTW I said I am in gr 9 now and going into grade 10 next year.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Isn't it pronounced, "I are playing rowing"? :P
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Noah! It are being, "I can like to be playing rowing" :lol:
elbow

Post by elbow »

More like: "I are going to the dam cause i can like to be playing the rowing"

ah hell...too much blood in my alcohol stream again...

----------Squire to M_T----------
----Thanks to rid1 for the avvie----
Tolklein

Post by Tolklein »

Begin
Last edited by Tolklein on 17 Jan 2022, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Uber threadjack!
Supreem1

Post by Supreem1 »

I leave you guys alone with my thread and now you're debating my english. Anywho, I rowed a 20 min time trial recently, did 4800 m(+-). 1000m is 3:55. My 500 (which i did beginning of this year) 1:45. My school's doing well, just my 8 + 4 crew isn't. But we've only started rowing sweep oar.
The_Fenix

Post by The_Fenix »

What grade are you in. Our school starts rowing sweep oar from gr9 onwards. So I also just started recently.
Supreem1

Post by Supreem1 »

Grade 8. I'm meant to be rowing under 15 but i was (qoutes u15 rowing coach) 'hijaced by the American' so now i'm rowing u16 8)
The_Fenix

Post by The_Fenix »

So what school do you row for and does ur school compete at SA champs?
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

My time for 10 km is 37 mins.

I owned the Fenix.
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...