Black and White 2 goes gold

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Zell
Permanently Banned

Black and White 2 goes gold

Post by Zell »

So, I just got an email from EA games telling me about this game...
With all the awesome titles being released soon, I actually forgot totally about this game, so I thought maybe I'd remind you guys?

Heres a little test to see what kind of ruler you would be in this game... pretty lame, but I can't wait to be what this certificate says I am...

http://blackandwhite.blocmedia.net/usa/ ... dm24.76115

Here's a review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/bla ... id=6133841

What do you guys think of this game?

Oh ya, and apparently it's been released today...

EDIT: And I searched for another B&W2 thread, and there were none.
crabstick

Post by crabstick »

Been waiting so long for this, loved the first, so this is a must, cant wait.
thanx zell
And i wanna kno, did u think we'd be screwed by one run again?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Thanks Zell if its been released I am definitly buying it.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Belix

Post by Belix »

hope it's much improved from 1. 1 had great idea's, but did not work in practice. I remember all my creature managed to get right all of the time was put out fires...

| Intel C2D E7300 | Asus Striker Extreme | CL X-Fi ME | Asus 8800GTS | Aopen 700W |
| 2*Seagate 1TB Raid | Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD | Team Extreem 2GB DDR2 800 |
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

i have the first one and my tiger can do anything....hes learned all the villigar tasks (man that took long) and nearly all the miracles..(took veeery long aswell..)

jus stay bk on a stage where you have everything in control and have crippled the enemy so much all they can do is chill...dont click on a gold story scroll otherwise you progress in story....
if this is done you have all the time you need to get a little worship going for spell power...slap the learning leash on and cast away...till your creature get 100% for every miricle...takes time but worth it...the villger tasks come naturally he will see you do stuff and copy over time...(like dumping trees in your stock to get wood)

i have to have alot of disciple breeders coz all my tiger eats is my people :twisted: the best meat in the game in my opinion.
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

1 had one stupid problem with it... everytime your creature ate fish it was considerd evil... some1 explain that to me?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
qwiksilva666

Post by qwiksilva666 »

well...my creature never ate fish...he fished...but never ate fish.
evil is the way to go...so maybe i should force feed hime fish to get his evil rating more evil.
~~*Head of the Druidic Council of the Pride of Darkness*~~
AMD PhenomII X4 955
M4N98TD-EVO
ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
8GB Corsair XMS
Antec TP 750W
style121

Post by style121 »

So has anyone received their copy of this game yet? Ordered mine ages ago and it still hasn't arrived, due to shortage of stock. Its driving me nuts man
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

nope not yet am still waiting.......
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Sorry to go off topic, but I'm stupid. Can someone, maybe Zell, explain the whole "Goes Gold" thing!? :?

This is not the first thread with this "Goes Gold" tail, and I just don't get it. :? :lol:
HdB

Post by HdB »

It just means the game is done, and should be published soon.

Not sure why the specific term 'Gone Gold'.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ s939 | Gecube 3870 OC edition
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

Dunno either. The name of the article in Gamespot was "B&W2 Goes Gold". I also saw another thread like it and figured it meant that it was completed.
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

qwiksilva666 wrote:i have the first one and my tiger can do anything....hes learned all the villigar tasks (man that took long) and nearly all the miracles..(took veeery long aswell..)

jus stay bk on a stage where you have everything in control and have crippled the enemy so much all they can do is chill...dont click on a gold story scroll otherwise you progress in story....
if this is done you have all the time you need to get a little worship going for spell power...slap the learning leash on and cast away...till your creature get 100% for every miricle...takes time but worth it...the villger tasks come naturally he will see you do stuff and copy over time...(like dumping trees in your stock to get wood)

i have to have alot of disciple breeders coz all my tiger eats is my people :twisted: the best meat in the game in my opinion.
For some strange reason my creature kept forgetting everything I taught him! I must have taught him about fishing and grain harviesting about 10 times, and he just kept forgetting it after a short while!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

well i have been playing Black&White 2 now for 3 days, and I am loving this game. Only 4 problems with it so far. 1: How the b*****n hell can i teach my creature miracles? There's no learning leash and it would help me so much if he could just cast the heal and water spell... 2: How do i get hand signals to work for spells? 3: Wheres the skirmish mode? and 4: my textures are all ugly looking cause im playing on a fx5200 any1 wanna donate me a powerful card? :wink:

This game is lovely so far, am loving the whole army thing...
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I pre-ordered this and got it ages ago... too bad my laptop has a f**king ATI card that just doesn't work with the game, despite being more than the required specs.

$50 down the drain!
human slave in an insect nation
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

what card is it?
SLIP
Processor: Intel Sandy bridge i7-2600K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE GEN3
Graphics card: GeForce GTX560TOP OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Post by SLIP »

The test seas that I am a destructive God.. :twisted:

That's probably why I killed the three little dudes with the big boat in B&W1...What a Sh|t song..... :twisted:
Moses

Post by Moses »

Anakha56 wrote:well i have been playing Black&White 2 now for 3 days, and I am loving this game. Only 4 problems with it so far. 1: How the b*****n hell can i teach my creature miracles? There's no learning leash and it would help me so much if he could just cast the heal and water spell... 2: How do i get hand signals to work for spells? 3: Wheres the skirmish mode? and 4: my textures are all ugly looking cause im playing on a fx5200 any1 wanna donate me a powerful card? :wink:

This game is lovely so far, am loving the whole army thing...
You buy your creature miracles with tribute. You buy hand gestures with tribute. There is no skirmish mode. Do you have the original? I'd think these questions would be easily answered by giving the manual a once over.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

ahh lass i did give the manual a once over it said nothing about skirmish however, i did buy the friggin hand gestures but they dont work as well as BW1 (or is it me? ) i didnt read anything about creature spells, but i did speed read the manual as i was watching the cricket inbetween swapping the 4 cd installation.

Whats really got my back up is that there is only 9 lands to play on not 11 like advertised :evil: also the spells that are availible are weak. and where are the silver scrolls? yes i see a few of em but not as many as BW1, i think 2 has slid backwards when compared to 1 *sigh*
Moses

Post by Moses »

I disagree. Black and White 2 was awesome. There are plenty silver scrolls. Gestures work fine for me, although you can cast miracles easily from the tool bar. The miracles aren't weak. A water miracle can double the size of trees. Fire will kill any army. Have you tried the Earthquake miracle?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

havent got that far yet...

i am just missing the miracles that were availible from BW1 aka grain and wood they were lovely. i am enjoying the fact its easier to use what with the creatures and the citizens looking after the food by themselves, but i really enjoyed teaching my creature miracles now i have to buy them? that just doesnt sound right. have you found 11 lands to play on? or are there only 9? also can you play as different civ's when u finish the game or are you always greek? also why oh why is there no skirmish mode. that was the most fun i had in BW1...

here's hoping a patch will bring in skirmish mode and a few more miracles...