A1 2005

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
DrHeidi

A1 2005

Post by DrHeidi »

I was shocked to see that there's no A1 Grand Prix thread. If there is, then this thread can be deleted.

So, let this be the place to discuss the first ever World Cup of Motor Racing.
simmy

Post by simmy »

I only caught the last 5 mins of the entire race-day :( was abt to watch Car Torque but a grand prix was on :? , eish.

but we came 6th place, correct \0/

when/where is the next race?
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

i am going to give it some time before we i say i either dislike it or like it. but so far formula 1 has my support.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Kitt-E-Kat

Post by Kitt-E-Kat »

I watched the whole thing from the qualifying to the sprint and feature races! Loved the whole concept! Hated the fact that our "best" drivers were not able to make the first race though - would love to see SA open a can of whoop a*s on the others.

Oh and yes we did finish 6th - even though we did have to use our power boost like 8 times :lol:

EDIT: Just checked out the website and found that SA has a A1 Grand Prix scheduled:

A1 Grand Prix of Nations, South Africa

Practise: Friday, Jan. 27, 2006
Qualification: Saturday, Jan. 28, 2006
Main Race: Sunday, Jan. 29, 2006

How awesome is that :o
simmy

Post by simmy »

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

can any1 explain to me why we have a stuffed up colour design? :?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Dom

Post by Dom »

A1 grandprix is pretty cool! Who knows, depending on how much popularity it gains (which should be lots), it might end up on a level pegging with F1 (or even eclipse it ;-))

@Anakha: Who knows... it's supposed to show off the colours of our country I guess.
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

right..... :eh: since when is black and orange anywhere in our country related to that? :huh: i think it needs to be repainted its ugly. netherlands looks better!
Dom

Post by Dom »

We should go for a paint scheme like Italy... all one colour :lol:
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

hmmm i wonder what colour that should be then? what represents our country? oh wait the paints been stolen... so much for that idea :wink:
Kitt-E-Kat

Post by Kitt-E-Kat »

Anakha56 wrote:right..... :eh: since when is black and orange anywhere in our country related to that? :huh: i think it needs to be repainted its ugly. netherlands looks better!
oopsie 8O ...... isn't the colour scheme black and gold :?: I know the black and Gold is in our flag - It could have been much worse: could you imagine a Lime Green car :wink:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Kitt-E-Kat wrote:
Anakha56 wrote:right..... :eh: since when is black and orange anywhere in our country related to that? :huh: i think it needs to be repainted its ugly. netherlands looks better!
oopsie 8O ...... isn't the colour scheme black and gold :?: I know the black and Gold is in our flag - It could have been much worse: could you imagine a Lime Green car :wink:
and here i thought it was a orange/yellow colour :? why couldnt they have just done our flag on the bleedin thing? would have looked so much better. lime green hmmmm at least we would win then :wink:
Kitt-E-Kat

Post by Kitt-E-Kat »

Anakha56 wrote:
Kitt-E-Kat wrote:
and here i thought it was a orange/yellow colour :? why couldnt they have just done our flag on the bleedin thing? would have looked so much better. lime green hmmmm at least we would win then :wink:
oh my! I was hoping we would win based on better driving, better engineering etc - had no clue that the colour of the car was such an important factor :wink:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

engineering? how much modification are these guys allowed to make to the car?

dont you know silver black cars are the fastest? :wink: (referring to mclaren)
tim

Post by tim »

I always thought a red car was the fastest...
PS not a ferrari fan, hate them....
they have all the advantages, the name, the color, dare I say it ...
the driver? ...
Kitt-E-Kat

Post by Kitt-E-Kat »

Anakha56 wrote:dont you know silver black cars are the fastest? :wink: (referring to mclaren)
okay - so there are exceptions to the rule! :wink:

oh and if you check out the website it lists all the mods they may do!
Dom

Post by Dom »

@tim: What you're saying about Ferrari may have been true up until the end of last year, but they certainly haven't had it easy this year.

Besides, Renault already has the driver's championship sewn up. The constructor's is still in contention though...

Kitt-E-Kat

Post by Kitt-E-Kat »

Dom wrote:@tim: What you're saying about Ferrari may have been true up until the end of last year, but they certainly haven't had it easy this year.
.... they must have been bribing the officials! :wink:
Last edited by Kitt-E-Kat on 10 Oct 2005, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Dom

Post by Dom »

:lol:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game ;-)

Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

One thing that got me about it was that all the really sucky countries kept on spinning and took out quite a few guys with them. I'm Italian and it pissed me off that we didn't finish because some idiot ran into him.
DrHeidi

Post by DrHeidi »

It's very surprising thay Finland doesn't have a team.

Regarding the car's paint job; I see that most countries have paint jobs which resemble their flag colours, NOT their sporting colours. Australia is an exception; they don't have a blue and red car, like their flag, but a green and yellow car. Most other cars display their country's flag colours, which is why we have a black, yellow, red, grean and red car. But yes, it's not very pleasing to the eye.

Hopefully Van Der Merve will be available for Sunday's race. He is currently trying to set up a world land speed record for an F1 car, driving for BAR Honda.
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

DrHeidi wrote:It's very surprising thay Finland doesn't have a team.

Regarding the car's paint job; I see that most countries have paint jobs which resemble their flag colours, NOT their sporting colours. Australia is an exception; they don't have a blue and red car, like their flag, but a green and yellow car. Most other cars display their country's flag colours, which is why we have a black, yellow, red, grean and red car. But yes, it's not very pleasing to the eye.

Hopefully Van Der Merve will be available for Sunday's race. He is currently trying to set up a world land speed record for an F1 car, driving for BAR Honda.
Are you kidding me? Saw my first race on Sunday,
thought our car was the most hideous thing ever!
NOt only that, but I couyldnt keep track of Tom's car. The cameras didnt give a damn either? I'm sure I'll get used to it, though.
I thought that Tom was such a great racer (well, altho DSTV never shows us any of his races in the US).
Anyway, it's a fresh new initiative. Keeps me from the sad fact that Ferrari might never win another championship again!
I thought his performance was appaling. OR was it just the car?
Anyway, I didnt catch the second raCE. Thought this was like F1.. so what happened there?
Kitt-E-Kat

Post by Kitt-E-Kat »

UndaGrad wrote:I thought his performance was appaling. OR was it just the car?
Of you caught the lead up to the race and qualifying, Tomas made changes to the wetup of his car that insead of improving it- sent it backwards, the South Africans spent every waking moment after that trying to sort out the problems.

Anyway - it's teething problems! Just you guys wait and see - SOuth Africa will be a force to be reckoned with. :wink:
UndaGrad

Post by UndaGrad »

Kitt-E-Kat wrote: Anyway - it's teething problems! Just you guys wait and see
Go TEAM SA!
Kitt-E-Kat wrote: SOuth Africa will be a force to be reckoned with. :wink:
Hopefully so.
Dom

Post by Dom »

Didn't catch the race last Sunday... how was it?