Help needed on hosting

Get help on databases - MySQL, Oracle, Access, etc.
_Gerbz_

Help needed on hosting

Post by _Gerbz_ »

Hi people, I really need some help.

I know how to make a website with my eyes closed but where the problem comes in is that I dont know how to impliment it. ( Host the page ) The Page has no Database and it's basic HTML nothing special.

So I was wondering if somebody would be nice enough to explain it to me.
People give me links to pages but I still dont understand how to go about it. If somebody could help me via the forum or by e-mail that would be great.

Thanks
:)
hadez2000

Post by hadez2000 »

tell me man, do you have a host? (if not check www.hetzner.co.za) do you already have a domain registered (you vcan also check hetzner for this), im sure that there will be people who can give you other, cheaper hosting co's but hetzner's service is really great ;)

Iyou have done the above, you will get ftp details for your host, then u use something like cuteftp or wsftp to connect to your host's public html folder (if its a linux server, windows servers is usually even more straight forward in their directory structure like that)

then u copy ur site up to the pubic folder (your main page must be named index or default, with extentions htm, html, asp, php)

and tada.. it should work....
_Gerbz_

Post by _Gerbz_ »

Thanks alot thats exactly what I needed to know. I really cant thank u enough. :lol:
hadez2000

Post by hadez2000 »

;) its all good man