Force Delete files?

Viruses, hackers and crackers
someidiotsa

Force Delete files?

Post by someidiotsa »

Hey is there a way to force delete a file, coz I am having trouble with a file that wont delete, it keeps saying that it is being used by another person or program while it isnt....
karlschulz7

Post by karlschulz7 »

I also had a file like that but I think the best thign to do is get a anti virus program and by the way what is the file that you want to delete
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Start the pc in safe mode and delete away.

S

yea... what is it you are trying to delete ?
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I believe it is a trojan, coz its called Download_Plugin, I accedentally downloaded it while I was surfing the net, I clicked to download something and then the window popped up and stupid enough I never read it, then the real download poped up, and i was too late to cancel the other one....

My Anti-Virus doesnt detect anything though, coz once the file downloaded Norton detected Download.Trojan in the Temperory internet folder and the file is also called Download_Plugin and I cant find it...

So now the one on the desktop is 0 bytes and norton says there is no trojan virus spyware or anything....
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Sojourn wrote:Start the pc in safe mode and delete away.

S

yea... what is it you are trying to delete ?
I tried and it still brought up the thing!
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

err...

safemod command prompt rename and delete?
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Install MS anti-spyware, update the software and run it.

S
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Thanks I will try later, got to go now.....
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

You could try one of the performance utilities to delete it. Tune Up Utilities gives a force delete function, it should work, really great program.

P.S - you can get a free trial for 30 days
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Yes thank you neon! Now my bro can get off my case lol.. :roll:

And yeah BTW: Telkom sucks.....
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Kill explorer as that's the viewing program using it, navigate to file, delete file, restart explorer.

Detailed :
Myself / Extract from another simmilar thread wrote:Start>Run>command, now press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the task manager, Processes>EXPLORER.EXE and end it's process. Now go back to the open command prompt and select the folder that the file is in and type DEL, leave a space and then enter EXPLORER.EXE. Now open the task manager again and select File>New Task and type explorer.exe to restart the default/correct Windows GUI.
SoulBlade

Post by SoulBlade »

Rayne wrote:Kill explorer as that's the viewing program using it, navigate to file, delete file, restart explorer.

Detailed :
Myself / Extract from another simmilar thread wrote:Start>Run>command, now press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the task manager, Processes>EXPLORER.EXE and end it's process. Now go back to the open command prompt and select the folder that the file is in and type DEL, leave a space and then enter EXPLORER.EXE. Now open the task manager again and select File>New Task and type explorer.exe to restart the default/correct Windows GUI.
I used cmd instead of command. And it's an infected file I wanna delete instead of a folder. Command does'nt work on my pc.

The error msg I get is..."The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose close to terminate the application." If I choose "ignore" then the MS-DOS box closes anyway.
Core i5 3550 | 8GB RAM | 500W | Samsung T260 | GTX760 OC | 4.56TB HDD space
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Everytime I scan over the topic lists on the left side and I see this listing, it looks like Delta Force. @#$%^&$#$
Hill

Post by Hill »

Sojourn wrote:Everytime I scan over the topic lists on the left side and I see this listing, it looks like Delta Force. @#$%^&$#$
You too? I was beginning to think I was going mad.
Regards
Hill