airplane power converter for laptop ?

Any hardware related topics go here.
gorak

airplane power converter for laptop ?

Post by gorak »

hi , got a question for frequent flyers ...... in the big airplanes (boeing 747) is there a powerpoint where you can plug in your laptop ? and if there is where can i get a adapter ?
Even paranoid people have enemies !
KillerByte
G3AR Staff Member

Post by KillerByte »

what do you want to do kill everyone on the plane?

The airlines grudginly allow people to use their electronic devices as it is and now you want to charge it up and connect it to the airplanes electrical system. Next minute the PSU pops and you end up tripping the power.

News headline: "300 People Die Due To Laptop"

The Windows BSOD will become the least of your problems!
What I type has nothing to do with the people that employ me.
Android

Post by Android »

yeah am anti laptop
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
Dom

Post by Dom »

I want to get myself a laptop before I go overseas... wouldn't ever think of using it on a plane though!
\"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; although I am not sure about the former.\" Albert Einstein

November 10th, 2004; I\'m gonna miss you mom :-(
May 3rd, 2007; Missing you gramps :-(
Sojourn

Re: airplane power converter for laptop ?

Post by Sojourn »

gorak wrote:hi , got a question for frequent flyers ...... in the big airplanes (boeing 747) is there a powerpoint where you can plug in your laptop ? and if there is where can i get a adapter ?
gorak, Ive asked some our company execs about this. According to some of them there is no ac power available for any electronic device, but you are more than welcome to use you 100% charged battery to its capacity.

Alternatively, give Johannesburg International a call and ask them !!

S
gorak

Post by gorak »

thanks for the replies ...... i know that during takeoff and landing you are not allowed to user laptop computers , but during flight it IS allowed . (the other day flew down to capetown and used it during flight) . \

so ............... no charging points :cry: ................ guess i will have to get the multimedia battery then !!! (2nd battery for cd rom bay ).

thanks again .

ps .. if something hapens like killerbyte said ..... just think ..... this can be THE ultimate flightsim experience LOL>>>
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Correction - On business class (first class) with the bigger (read Big Jumbo) airplanes, you do have an AC socket with a built in multi-adapter for local and overseas compatibility. It also depends on what airline you fly with. Emirates, Virgin and British Airways are way more likely to offer that, than, say, Air Nigeria. :) (As per my boss.)

Assumption, but I dont think you will be flying business class... :razz:

S
gorak

Post by gorak »

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

assumption 100% correct !!! :x

thanks for the info and effort . like i said , i will have to buy the extra battery then.... at least i am flying emirates !!!!! :lol:
Knuckles
Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard: Gagabyte Z170-Gaming K3-CF
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Knuckles »

gorak wrote:at least i am flying emirates !!!!! :lol:
Have you looked on Emirates website? Some airlines do offer laptop power in economy.
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

If they don't ask to sit up front and use the person in the back row of business to plug it in for you. if you are not in their way I'm sure they won't mind.
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook