How should posts be displayed - Poll

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!

How do you think number of posts should be displayed?

As it is at the moment
31%
Remove the number of posts
20%
Have cool group names depending on your number of posts
49%

Total votes: 45

QBM

Post by QBM »

Android wrote:
QBM wrote:I didn't read all of this and don't care about the poll options but for the love of God please increase the post per page or add one of the many mods for phpbb that makes it user selectable................
Great idea and we can add a nuke button to make you feel at home :roll: :wink:
I already have the nuke button in a sense thanks to phpbb itself (actually waiting on a new one now);). Anyway it sucks to have less than 100 post per page.
Last edited by QBM on 23 Aug 2005, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Android

Post by Android »

yeah i would agree, happy days :)
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
jee

Post by jee »

Perhaps people should not quote the whole he said she siad they said he said... makes it easier to read if just the relevant part is quoted.

@Android... Lakey... mayhap you will behave a bit !!?
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Android

Post by Android »

ok jee :)~
\\\\\\\" irc.darkhaven.org.za \\\\\\\"
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I am active on a conference site that does not tally posts nor does it have rankings. There is one mod only who is a total box only because English is not his first language. However the point is that respect is gained by the type of post made, how active the poster is and his attitude.
Having said that, a remark was made that I should be permanently banned to save admin costs, I have been banned three times for a total of 9 weeks. :P
I suppose I should learn not to take the laaitjies seriously :!: :roll:

Like Rayne said, keep them or take them away, no in betweens. QBM, I take your point about more posts per page but do not beleive it is necessary here.
QBM

Post by QBM »

lancelot wrote: QBM, I take your point about more posts per page but do not beleive it is necessary here.
Where would it be necessary? I mean I could click through 3-100+ pages anywhere. The mod to make it user selectable would be <1 minute. I can understand defaulting to a low number to help load times for 56Kers but.................
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

OK, I see, will ask about it and maybe it will be done?
capanno

Post by capanno »

QBM wrote:....please increase the post per page or add one of the many mods for phpbb that makes it user selectable................
Good idea. I second that! Or third, or ((how much people supported this idea) + 1)rd/st
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

I also support the idea
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

I think its a bad idea.
People with a 56k modem won't be able to surf efficiently. I mea, do you need to load all 50 old posts (with pictures, and lots of text) when there have only been 5 replies in the last week?

And if a thread is really 100 pages long, then the time you spend clicking on the page number is really NOTHING compared to reading through the 100's of posts. Think about it.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Zell_D wrote:I think its a bad idea.
People with a 56k modem won't be able to surf efficiently. I mea, do you need to load all 50 old posts (with pictures, and lots of text) when there have only been 5 replies in the last week?

And if a thread is really 100 pages long, then the time you spend clicking on the page number is really NOTHING compared to reading through the 100's of posts. Think about it.
zell, it wont be changed to default like that for anyone (if its changed) - you will be able to specify how many posts per page must be displayed in your profile settings.

S
MongwopMan

Post by MongwopMan »

I opt for the cool group things!
you find me offensive........I find YOU offensive for finding me offensive!!

Sometimes I go about in pity for myself, and all the while a great wind is bearing me across the sky! - Famous Ojibwa Saying

Evolved!