Mandriva ISO's Converted to a single DVD Iso?

Discussion and support for all Linux distributions and Unix flavours (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, etc).
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Mandriva ISO's Converted to a single DVD Iso?

Post by neon_chameleon »

Kinda similar to the other Mandriva ISO topic but totally different, lol.

Anyway, how does one combine multiple iso's to a single dvd iso? This actually has nothing to with Mandriva itself, besides that fact that this is what I'm trying to use this for.

If I extract all the files from all the *.iso's and combine all the files in the iso's, will the boot information still exist and work properly?

Is there any other complications for Linux?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Eish! Good question, only way you'll find out is to try?
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

A reply! w00t!!

Anyway, yeah I guess you're right. I was hoping somebody knew about boot config's or someone maybe had or know of any app for it.

I'll try extract all the files to whole folder and try use cd1 as the boot config file and hopefully it'll confuse it enough to work. Else I can must get a dvd image of Mandriva.

Any ideas or comments?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Try to make a boot stiffy with mandriva, then use this as a in nero after you selected " bootable cd ".
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Prime

Post by Prime »

there is a way to do it. some one was telling me about it the other day but you mite be better of getting the dvd image using a downlaod manager
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Each bootable cd has a boot *.img on the disk thats hidden that would boot up the disk which fine.

But your real problem is with the files combing the ISO to a single DVD might be a problem as the with most install disks they have a small file on it which tells the installer where the files are say for example a movie file installs over two disks the file would tell the installer to stop and request the next disk. Thats where the problem is.

However some installers are advanced enough to check the current disk for the next file before requesting the next disk however most of the times it only works if all files have been coppied onto a HDD and seldom work if all files have been coppied to a disk.

Edting the file is a option but there might be more then one file that needs to be edited for it to work
Prime

Post by Prime »

thats what i was warned about. wish i had adsl. im getting debian soon though