Problem with application connecting to MYSQL

Get help on databases - MySQL, Oracle, Access, etc.
AlphA

Problem with application connecting to MYSQL

Post by AlphA »

Hi guys,

I run a project management tool at work called "TrackPlus" (http://www.trackplus.de). This application sits on a Linux server. I was running SuSE 9 Enterprise without any problems, but after many problems with LVM's in Enterprise, I decided to install SuSE 9.3 Pro on the server. Its been running great, and has posed no stability issues.

Anyway, this server runs (amongst other things), the Track+ project management tool. It needs apache to be running, Tomcat and Mysql. Everything is installed and working fine. The problem I'm having is that the application wont connect to Mysql. I get an error saying

"Database connection could not be established. This is most likely due to a wrong username/password and/or database driver in your Torque.properties file."

I have confirmed the settings in the Torque.properties file and the username and password are correct as I can login to Mysql from the commandline with them.

Does anybody know of *any* reason this is happening? I figured it has something to do with JDBC, but thats an area I'm not too clued up in.

Also, I have confirmed the application is trying to connect to the correct port by typing "netstat -an | grep 3306"

This confirms that Mysql is running on the correct port. This problem is really frustrating me as I know its something silly holding me back. I got it up and running in no time when we had SuSE 9 Enterprise on the server, and that was my first time setting it up!

Any input on this issue would be really appreciated.