Unjust Moderating

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Sojourn

Unjust Moderating

Post by Sojourn »

I would seriously like to report a mod abusing his admin rights, but firstly see if you agree with me.

Firstly, editing a post without leaving his name as a simple common curtisy plus why the post was edited, nor PM-ing me to tell me what the issue is, he's having with a post.

Then in the same thread a fellow mod ALSO do the same, but MY post gets wiped anonymously. I know who the mod is because he was the only user with an admin-noddy-badge on that thread at the time.

It makes me sick that certain mods abuse their rights left and right unquestioned. This is also not the first time it happened to me.

Am I being petty or what ? I just feel that we users spend time writing our opinion in a debate and as such, NO mod should have the right to, on a whim, edit anyones post and literally leave it with a few BLA BLA BLA's added as an after-thought and dissapear without explaining.

On a minor low hit-count site its insignificant, but this is PC Formats official site. Mods on a high profile site such as this seriously needs to be screened before being given a wand to toy with on a whim.

S
[Edit by neon_chameleon : Sorry can't resist editting,:)

All this somehow makes me guess that the change to do other thread maybe had justifaction. ]

Edited by S to include original post quoted above.
Last edited by Sojourn on 13 Apr 2005, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Soap

Post by Soap »

- your post has been edited. :P
capanno

Post by capanno »

What now? Who was it? Is he banned? HUH?
Josh Dies is my hero! |50,000,601.375 forum points
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Maybe post the actual thread that it happened on?
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Kiran

Re: Unjust Moderating

Post by Kiran »

Sojourn wrote:
I would seriously like to report a mod abusing his admin rights, but firstly see if you agree with me.

Firstly, editing a post without leaving his name as a simple common curtisy plus why the post was edited, nor PM-ing me to tell me what the issue is, he's having with a post.

Then in the same thread a fellow mod ALSO do the same, but MY post gets wiped anonymously. I know who the mod is because he was the only user with an admin-noddy-badge on that thread at the time.

It makes me sick that certain mods abuse their rights left and right unquestioned. This is also not the first time it happened to me.

Am I being petty or what ? I just feel that we users spend time writing our opinion in a debate and as such, NO mod should have the right to, on a whim, edit anyones post and literally leave it with a few BLA BLA BLA's added as an after-thought and dissapear without explaining.

On a minor low hit-count site its insignificant, but this is PC Formats official site. Mods on a high profile site such as this seriously needs to be screened before being given a wand to toy with on a whim.

S
[Edit by neon_chameleon : Sorry can't resist editting,:)

All this somehow makes me guess that the change to do other thread maybe had justifaction. ]

Edited by S to include original post quoted above.

I know, and some bloody idiot (can't remember his name (must have been a mod)) told that forums are'nt democracies!

Pieces of *%$#!!!

:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:
What is this "Microsoft" that you speak of? Washing powder? Coffee? Correction fluid? I can't figure it out. Anyone else know?
-ASSASSIN-
Moderator Emeritus

Post by -ASSASSIN- »

Guys, if its a problem with a specific moderator, send them & Cameron a PM regarding the problem, and I assure you it will cease to persist.
AMD 2800+ 1280mb DDR 400 200GB SATA 128mb Leadtek 6800 Logitech Z-640 5.1 Speakers
// 3D2k3= 11238
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

This is from April, I can't remember what this is even from. If I (or any other mod) editted a thread I'm sure there was a reason.

The forums are democratic as we do live in a democratic country. However there are forum rules created by Cameron, which we adhere to (most times ;)) and try enforce in the best way we can.

However judging from my edit there, it seems it was done in a playful and humerous manner, so that's just for entertainment in that case flavoured with a hint of sarcasm. :lol:
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

I know, and some bloody idiot (can't remember his name (must have been a mod)) told that forums are'nt democracies!

Pieces of *%$#!!!
Eeesh, someone has mod issues! Dude chill, mods just do what Cameron wants them to do. Personally i feel that there are no mods here who do things with contempt but rather twisted humor. As for the pieces of $#&@ you refer to, thats probably neon! :P
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Fishzn wrote:Eeesh, someone has mod issues! Dude chill, mods just do what Cameron wants them to do. Personally i feel that there are no mods here who do things with contempt but rather twisted humor.
LOL. /me points to The Ward.
As for the pieces of $#&@ you refer to, thats probably neon! :P
Yeah whatever fishy.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he was refering to you, when you used to a be a mod?

[@ Fishy PS -> My infinitiCall disconnected, just connected again to check e-mails quick so won't be here the remainder of weekend, check you at varsity tomorrow, fishy]
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

[@ Fishy PS -> My infinitiCall disconnected, just connected again to check e-mails quick so won't be here the remainder of weekend, check you at varsity tomorrow, fishy]
Damn, stupid telkom. Anyway hopefully i'll check u in Comp org tomorrow. Cheers.

p.s. you know he's talking about you, hehe, you just trying to cover it up before the other guys get back from the wk/end. Muhahaha
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Unjust Moderating

Post by hamin_aus »

Sojourn wrote: Firstly, editing a post without leaving his name as a simple common curtisy plus why the post was edited, nor PM-ing me to tell me what the issue is, he's having with a post.
If that happens more than once then definitly report it to Cameron.
I have never had a post edited.
If it does happen, for whatever reason, if the mod responsible put his name and a reason I would be fine with that, even if I did not agree with his reason.
But just editing and vying is not on.

PS - Nice thread-jack Fishy & Neon!
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

PS - Nice thread-jack Fishy & Neon!
What would weekend forumming be without it?!? Haha, he'll have to bear the brunt of any disgruntled thread posters. Muhahaha.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

This was sorted out by Cameron,
no big problem, Cameron saves the day , AGAIN :lol:
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

lol @ jamin, welcome back to thread jackin' dude! We missed you!
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Okay, this is really old and now its locked.