World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Ark
Processor: E4400
Graphics card: 8800GTX
Memory: 4GB DDR2

Post by Ark »

*off topic*

Do you guys still play TMNations? If so, what server do I join?
16-bit Corpse
Spoiler: (show)
I like scrota.
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Hey guys, lets start a PCF guild. Whisper me ingame or add me to ur friends. My characters are Gorre for the Horde and Dariah for the Alliance.

I look forward to gaming with you guys.

I am on the Aarie Peak server by the way, so is Deeray, so join us!
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

WOW is teh ghey! Only noobs, kids, and gheys play that! Oh and sexual predators too!
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Zell wrote:WOW is teh ghey! Only noobs, kids, and gheys play that! Oh and sexual predators too!
STFU! LOL, jokes Zell. By the way, you are right, I am all of the above! Muhahaha!
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

Track Mania Nations is teh ghey!!!111!!11
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

LOL!!!
D1rtyFr4nk
Permanently Banned

Post by D1rtyFr4nk »

LOL @ Zell, what a legend! Are u no1 in SA in TMN? If so, u rock!

Back on topic, if you are interested in forming a PCF guild post here, tell me your name in game and whether you are horde or alliance or both. You have to be on the Aarie Peak server. We need at least 10 people including myself to form a guild.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

DEeRaY wrote:Just a question to the people who have been playing WoW for a while..

Whats the point of joining a guild, I just joined one yesterday and it basically seems like an extra chat room :?
Low / mid level its not really beneficial, unless its people you know well. You can pretty much solo mostly in that time. The advantage of belonging to a guild comes when you start doing end-game content. Being affiliated with a guild gives other players a point of reference about you. If you DONT belong to a guild, chances are you have been booted from it because of neferacious and questionable actions.

Also if you dont belong to a guild its highly unlikely you will get a spot in 10/20/40 man raids, because these raids are planned days in advance and you have to register to reserve a slot in the raid. You cannot do that if you dont belong to a guild or have "some" affiliation somewhere.

So for now, being lvl1-40ish, its ok to be solo. From lvl40 onwards join a guild that shares your timezone (big issue that) and people that share you play style.

I am feeling REALLY sorry for you guys that dont belong to a group of players in aguild that share south-african timezone playing. While you solo, its easy to join 5man PUG's (pick-up-groups to do instances), but once you hit end-game the raid schedules in going to kill you if you belong to a US guild. Timezone-wise, they start at 00:30 our time and end the raid 04:00 to 05:00 in the morning. Some instances needs about 16hours to complete with all the bosses, so it needs to be done over 3/4 nights. Unless you are on leave there is no way that you can consistently keep that up.

Heed my warning NOW while you are low lvl. Scrapp you current characters, join the Blackhand server and find any member of <insidius> to hook you up with a South African guild, on Ventrilo and very helpful people, all of which have at least one lvl60 in the game. You wont regret it.

s

BIG EDIT - Dont start over and look for us on the EU Blackhand realm. We are on the US servers !!! So if you havea EU copy... DO NOT - repeat - DON'T come looking for us.
Last edited by Sojourn on 03 Aug 2006, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

Dont get US, I started there, stopped and got EU.
Raid times are perfect for me, as my guild is raiding every night of the week, and starting at 20:00 and ending 23:00 eish works great :)

dont buy US!!
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Ahhh, ok.. Thanks! that makes sence..

But Sojourn, you do know that we've got the EU version.. So i don't think that timezones will be an issue
Actually Sever is exactly what time it is here in SA

But after a few days of being in the Guild i found that they do help out a bit, Sometimes the quests that you receive can be very vague about where it is exactly and all i do is pop a message to the guild and most of the time someone will help me

Dammit it took me ages to find the last dude for my Fire totem.. The stupid quest log said "He is in the barrens" thanks for that.. the barrens is a huge place!

But i have to say its a great game.. And having people running around with you just makes it that much better

Runfire Chamber ROCKS!!! get such cool pickups and nonstop exp. The Exp that I'm getting from there is getting less .. So tonight its off to the wailing caverns :) Currently I'm Level 19, i hope to be at least level 26 by the end of the weekend
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Lvl19 to lvl 26 in one weekend?? Not likely. But give it your best shot !!

If you guys are happy and gelling with the EU servers, awesome !!

s
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

hey im still new... im just going at my current rate of leveling.. I see it does take longer to level the higher you go.. Im gunning for level 30 cause thats when i can rez myself cause its bloody irratating to run back to your corpse the whole time.. And yeah.. i die alot :P

But i reckon that might take a while

Sojourn, how long did it take you to get your 1st char to level 60 ?
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

I'm not a WOW player, but I'm getting ADSL soon and keen to join the ranks. One question: on average how much of an ADSL cap does a 3 hour WOW gaming session use up?
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

Some info on what Guild Insidius is:

Insidius is a guild formed for players with Alliance characters on US realms thats simply dont want to abandon the work they have put into their characters and start fresh on an EU realm. If you have a charater on a US realm and want to do end game content, join us on the US Blackhand Realm, we have a home for you. We have great experience in the game and can aid you level your character.

How long does it take to level a character?
Well it should take about +/- 210 hours of gaming to get to level 60. Just remember that the real fun starts when you hit level 60.

Traffic Usage for WOW
Fortuantly WOW does not use alot of traffic, I use about 1200Mb a month and play about 3-4 hours a day weekdays and maybe 6-10 hours a weekend day, but about 500Mb of that is used on Ventrilo.
Last edited by UsMarshal on 03 Aug 2006, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

15-20 mb
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

I have 7 characters spread over 4 servers.

My main is on US-Blackhand - Anhcora - human mage. Took me about 4 months to get her up to 60, but take into account in that same time I also leveled up all the other characters on other servers to where they are now.

Also on US-Blackhand - Omaya - lvl39 NE Hunter dressed in all blues. (semi-twink)(a twink is a character dressed in all-blue/purple equipment with high-end enchants added).

US-KhazModan - Azashalia - LVL19 twink Pally. I am keeping this character on 19 just to do WSG in that bracket.

On US-Maelstrom - Maline - lvl25 Undead warrior. My sister lives in NZ and they play on this server. She started a character with me and we both play them together when we manage to be online at the same time. Its hectic with an 11h time difference.

On US-The Venture Co. - lvl19 pally in the prcess of leveling up. Playing here with a work buddy.

TIP:
Create a character same faction as your main, level him up to lvl 5 (in order to get enchanting/disenchanting as a skill). Keep this character in a major city to act as your banker and extra bag space. Mail all your drops to this toon and let him be the auction-house junkie. It saves TONS of time not needing to visit big centra with your main. Just mail all the greens and other drops and carry on with questing/leveling. Every friday, you go on with the lvl5 guy and place all the items in the auction-house, as weekends is the big selling time. All items not sold and returned on saturday, gets placed on the AH a 2nd time. Everthing that dont get sold NOW.... gets de-enchanted. Once you have a stack of 20 of any one type of enchanting mats, place it on the AH. Mega bucks. Or keep it to use for your enchanting skill.

s

PS sorry about the long post... got a whee carried away... :-P
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

nah its cool, keep em tips coming.. Ill try what you said
Thanks dude!

BTW, whats this WSG that your talking about, your not the 1s person Ive seen using that acronym
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

DEeRaY wrote:nah its cool, keep em tips coming.. Ill try what you said
Thanks dude!

BTW, whats this WSG that your talking about, your not the 1s person Ive seen using that acronym
WSG - Warsong Gulsh - for lvl 10 to 60 - up to 10 a'side
AB - Arathi Basin - for lvl 30 to 60 - up to 15 a'side
AV - Alterac Valley - for lvl 50 to 60 - up to 40 a'side
All three are pvp BG's (battlegrounds).

When you join a BG queue (ask for the battlegrounds from any guard in a big city) you get "invited" to join a pvp session as soon as an adequite number of players of the same lvl from both factions queued up.

WSG - classic capture the flag - 3 flag returns gives your side a win!!
AB - very similar to king of the hill. Capture and keep under your control 5 areas on the map for a certain time to take it home.
AV - the BIG one... Ivade the other faction's base in stages and kill their NPC commander to win, but watch-out for random mob spawns some helping you others against you. Massive map. Awesome to see 40vs40 pvp action as each team tries to invade each others base FTW.

s
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Sorry for the n00b questions, but what are the monthly subscription fees to join a wow server?
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....
UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

NinjaTic wrote:Sorry for the n00b questions, but what are the monthly subscription fees to join a wow server?
Np Dude. Its $15 a month (roughly R 105.00) or you can buy game cards
at R225,00 for two months.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Thanks - R105 a month is pricey for a game. But I suppose it's pretty involved so it's probably worth it!
neon_chameleon wrote:

UsMarshal

Post by UsMarshal »

NinjaTic wrote:Thanks - R105 a month is pricey for a game. But I suppose it's pretty involved so it's probably worth it!
Well, just work it out according to your budget. I have been playing WOW and have'nt had much time for any other game, so I dont spend the usual R300 a month on a new game. So in a way I am saving.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

UsMarshal wrote:
NinjaTic wrote:Thanks - R105 a month is pricey for a game. But I suppose it's pretty involved so it's probably worth it!
Well, just work it out according to your budget. I have been playing WOW and have'nt had much time for any other game, so I dont spend the usual R300 a month on a new game. So in a way I am saving.
They could argue that the i-net line rental (whatever format/type) pushes you over the limit... assuming.

s
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Fact. Some people hate wow while others love it.

I only wish that those that dont like it would give some reasons that they hate it instead of saying it has server issues when 100k+ people are colliding in Blackrock mountain.

To go EU... well I found SA guilds on stormrage so why bother now? Besides, I dont speak french.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

StarBound wrote: I only wish that those that dont like it would give some reasons that they hate it instead of saying it has server issues when 100k+ people are colliding in Blackrock mountain.
Yeah i also wonder about that, Ive been playing a week and i already think its one the best games Ive EVER played.. Makes me think of the days when we got some buddies together over the school holidays and played Diablo II
StarBound wrote:To go EU... well I found SA guilds on stormrage so why bother now? Besides, I dont speak french.
French? The servers i play on are 90% English, only now and then are there some Russians or Germans trying to say summin, but they hardly get replys