World of Warcraft Thread!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Wow players on this forum.

Post by StarBound »

WoW changes on a constant basis. If you played from the begining until now you would have understood it better. Paladins got changed every patch in plain WoW. There was one patch 1.7 I think (I might be wrong. Might have been 1.8) where paladins got a reconning bomb. Blizzard never added a max limit so they stacked it like mad and killed a world boss in 1 shot. 24 hours later you couldnt stack it beyond 5.

Mages has generally become a weaker class. Locks became one of hte most over powered. DKs lost some of their imba untouchablety. But for 1 month between 3.0.3 and 3.0.8 paladins was a class not to be messed with.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

StarBound wrote:WoW changes on a constant basis. If you played from the begining until now you would have understood it better. Paladins got changed every patch in plain WoW. There was one patch 1.7 I think (I might be wrong. Might have been 1.8) where paladins got a reconning bomb. Blizzard never added a max limit so they stacked it like mad and killed a world boss in 1 shot. 24 hours later you couldnt stack it beyond 5.

Mages has generally become a weaker class. Locks became one of hte most over powered. DKs lost some of their imba untouchablety. But for 1 month between 3.0.3 and 3.0.8 paladins was a class not to be messed with.
+1

And now we are taking even more of a hit with patch 3.2
Blessing of Sanctuary: This blessing now also increases stamina by 10%. This effect is not cumulative with Blessing of Kings.
Charger: Can now be learned at level 40.
Exorcism: Now has a 1.5 second cast time, but can once again be used on players.
Hand of Reckoning: Redesigned. Now does damage only when the target does not currently have the caster targeted, but damage done increased to 50% of attack power, occurring after the taunt effect is applied.
Judgement of Light: Now heals for 2% of the attacker's maximum health instead of a variable amount based on the spell power and attack power of the judging paladin.
Lay on Hands: The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 10/20% instead of increasing the target's armor.
Righteous Fury: No longer has a duration or mana cost, remaining until cancelled or death. Also cancelled when a Paladin activates a different talent specialization.
Sacred Shield: When a paladin casts Flash of Light on a target with this buff, they also now place a heal-over-time effect on the target, healing that target for 100% of the Flash of Light amount over 12 seconds.
Seal of Blood: This ability has been removed.
Seal of the Martyr: This ability has been removed.
Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption: These seals have been redesigned to deal substantially more damage. Now, once a paladin has 5 copies of the debuff from these seals on his or her target, on each swing the paladin will deal 33% weapon damage as Holy, with critical strikes dealing double damage.
Shield of Righteousness: Now deals 100% of shield block value as damage instead of 130%.

Warhorse: Can now be learned at level 20.

Talents
Holy
Beacon of Light: The healing amount on the Beacon of Light target is now based on the total healing done (including over-healing) instead of the effective healing done. Radius increased to 60 yards. Multiple Paladins can now have this active on the same target. Buff indicating a player is within range of the Beacon target is no longer displayed.
Divine Intellect: This talent now gives 2/4/6/8/10% increased intellect instead of 3/6/9/12/15%.
Illumination: This talent now returns 30% of the mana cost of the spell instead of 60%.
Protection
Ardent Defender: Redesigned. Currently, any damage taken by the paladin while at 35% health or below is reduced. Instead, any attack that would reduce the paladin to 35% health or below has its damage reduced. In addition, once every 2 minutes an attack that would have killed the paladin will fail to kill, and instead set the paladin's health to 10/20/30% of maximum.
Retribution
Art of War: Now only applies to melee critical hits, but will make your next Flash of Light or Exorcism instant.
Crusader Strike: Damage reduced to 75% weapon damage to match the new 4-second cooldown.
Seal of Command: Redesigned. This seal now deals 36% weapon damage on every swing, and deals substantially less judgement damage.
Vindication: Redesigned. Now lowers target attack power, is consistent and does not stack with Demoralizing Shout.
source

I actually got in a fight the other day against a rogue. I owned him don't know exactly how but all I had on was [Shield of Righteousness] and [Blessing of Sanctuary]. I was also attacking another mob at least 3 to 4 levels higher than myself at the time (Damn horde only attack if you are busy with mobs :evil: ). Any way he ended up dead I did not just cuz of the dmg done by [Shield of Righteousness]. Each time he hit me he basically hit himself for 130% my main hand weapon dmg. Poor oke actually forgot to sap me. Oh wait no he did as a Human I have [Every Man for Himself]. Nice instant cast debuf.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:I actually got in a fight the other day against a rogue. I owned him don't know exactly how but all I had on was [Shield of Righteousness] and [Blessing of Sanctuary]. I was also attacking another mob at least 3 to 4 levels higher than myself at the time (Damn horde only attack if you are busy with mobs :evil: ). Any way he ended up dead I did not just cuz of the dmg done by [Shield of Righteousness]. Each time he hit me he basically hit himself for 130% my main hand weapon dmg. Poor oke actually forgot to sap me. Oh wait no he did as a Human I have [Every Man for Himself]. Nice instant cast debuf.
You know you play WoW a lot when you write spells and abilities on forums in the same style as they appear in WoW! :P
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Xiphan wrote:
RuadRauFlessa wrote:I actually got in a fight the other day against a rogue. I owned him don't know exactly how but all I had on was [Shield of Righteousness] and [Blessing of Sanctuary]. I was also attacking another mob at least 3 to 4 levels higher than myself at the time (Damn horde only attack if you are busy with mobs :evil: ). Any way he ended up dead I did not just cuz of the dmg done by [Shield of Righteousness]. Each time he hit me he basically hit himself for 130% my main hand weapon dmg. Poor oke actually forgot to sap me. Oh wait no he did as a Human I have [Every Man for Himself]. Nice instant cast debuf.
You know you play WoW a lot when you write spells and abilities on forums in the same style as they appear in WoW! :P
It is just to make the distinction. If you really like I can link you to them on WoW's site :wink:
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

fanboi's FTW :-D
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sojourn, hehehe point fingers at yourself please. ROFL
I got owned last nite by 4 horde and 3 fel reavers while on the same quest. I have to say though that it was a lvl63 group quest with lvl65 elites and all. The along comes a horde on a flying mount. Drops kicks my bottom. Nova the 65 elite giant and takes off again.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

What most people fail to realise in the WoW world, that the hate is all relative.

I've played on both horde and alliance, and without a doubt the hate is EXACTLY the same. If you're horde/alliance, then I can promise you that the alliance/horde are a bunch of motherless a-holes (well, at least the general population things that)

Also, did I mention that WoW promotes racism? :mrgreen:
If I can't find a friendship problem...I'll make a friendship problem!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxo1qlk6gEI
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

DarkStar wrote:What most people fail to realise in the WoW world, that the hate is all relative.

I've played on both horde and alliance, and without a doubt the hate is EXACTLY the same. If you're horde/alliance, then I can promise you that the alliance/horde are a bunch of motherless a-holes (well, at least the general population things that)

Also, did I mention that WoW promotes racism? :mrgreen:
Yeah I have noticed. I however don't attack a horde player on a quest. If he happens to be more or less my lvl adn just riding around I will cap him but I will not wait and sit around to cap him again when he resurrects again. And I do have a couple of horde chars on a different realm. I have also never attacked a lower lvl unless he attacks first or is part of a gank on a guild member.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

DarkStar wrote:What most people fail to realise in the WoW world, that the hate is all relative.
Except for rogues. Seriously I hate those guys, and everyone in my guild hates them, and people from other guilds we know hate them. It is the only class I go out of my way to gank.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

GreyWolf wrote:
Except for rogues. Seriously I hate those guys, and everyone in my guild hates them, and people from other guilds we know hate them. It is the only class I go out of my way to gank.
:lol: Sap i sooo OP it is is jut not funny. if he know what he is doing he'll sap you first off and them just whack away, criting all the way with dual wield. By the time you actually manage to dispel his sap is ready for action again. And that time around most classes does not have a way to dispel quick enough. So game over and back to the graveyard.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Xiphan

Post by Xiphan »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:It is just to make the distinction. If you really like I can link you to them on WoW's site :wink:
I was actually kinda disappointed that they didn't link anywhere, more so that nothing appeared when I hovered my mouse over them, go fix it up! :twisted:
GreyWolf wrote:
Agreed! Those *^&*ers only know how to go invis, and sap, sap, sap you to kill you! :evil:
Last edited by Xiphan on 17 Jul 2009, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Xiphan, What do you expect from a rogue. If he does not sap you there is nothing he can do against you. It is just one of those things. You will just throw up a mana shield and then you already have more hp than him for all intense and purposes. Bear in mind you still need to use some of that mana though. You will just otherwise freeze him (nova), blink and cast blizzard. Then he is almost done for.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Remember when locks didnt have deminishing returns on their fear?
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

StarBound wrote:Remember when locks didnt have deminishing returns on their fear?
*^%#&^%$&^$%&^%#&^%
&(^%*&^$*&^%$^%$#@^%
$*&^)(*&^%*^&#$#@&^&%()

YES.
I was at the wrong end.

Want to know wat is @#$%^&-ing annoying? Being MC'd off a boat or a blimp by a priest just as you pull away.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sojourn wrote:
StarBound wrote:Remember when locks didnt have deminishing returns on their fear?
*^%#&^%$&^$%&^%#&^%
&(^%*&^$*&^%$^%$#@^%
$*&^)(*&^%*^&#$#@&^&%()

YES.
I was at the wrong end.

Want to know wat is @#$%^&-ing annoying? Being MC'd off a boat or a blimp by a priest just as you pull away.
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Kher-za

Post by Kher-za »

Sojourn wrote:
*^%#&^%$&^$%&^%#&^%
&(^%*&^$*&^%$^%$#@^%
$*&^)(*&^%*^&#$#@&^&%()

YES.
I was at the wrong end.

LMAO!

sounds like something I'd do.

While its normal for the the two factions to hate each other it seems that people go out of their way to insult or be rude to the other side on our server.

My guild ran me through Onyxia a few days ago with just 2 people doing damage, i stuck around the edges so i could keep my bottom firmly attached to my body. Did it later again with 4 people because they were in a hurry, got some nice epics out of her.
And i got my dreadsteed last night, i really hate the warlock quest for the epic mount, would rather just have paid the money outright instead of wasting a day or two on the quest.

I respecced to demonology so I'm quite confident taking people on now, focusing on my stamina for more hp so i can spam lifetap.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Nice Kher.
On the mount issue... I am on the other side of the playing field when it comes to the "free" mounts (which is not so free if you look at the mats and time involved.)

I am a purist. I prefer them to not take away the sharp side of encounters, raids, quests and the general feel of the WOW experience. What I would have liked in the game after new content gets released:

1. They should have kept world elites as elites, there used to be quite a few outside areas with elites, which was remade into normal mobs.

2. Scale 5-mans and raids proportionate to the average level of the players inside the instance - So at level 60 you would need 40x relatively good geared people to bring down Onyxia. Take 5x lvl 80 players and Onyxia scale upwards to remain a challenge. Some of the people would moan at that and say that they want comparative loot-tables with that, but I say bolloks with that. Same loot. Experiencing the Onyxia encounteras it is supposed to be (by having respect and fear) is reward enough.

I recall wiping about 12 to 15 times in one Ony raid night.... then just before we would have called it quits, everything just gelled and she went down with about 10 out of 38 lvl60 people still alive. Nothing beats that feeling. People would see her head hanging in town and ask which guild did it... nowadays Ony's head is a dime a dozen. No respect like we had. It saddens me.

3. Mounts. Keep the Pala and Warl mount quests as-is it was in the lvl 60 days. Those guys had to work for it, why not the new people selecting that class? And WTF is up with getting epic mounts now at level 40 and that at the cost of selling a few gray items...

Old arguments, alot of counter arguments to this... but it won't change how I feel.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sojourn wrote:Nice Kher.
On the mount issue... I am on the other side of the playing field when it comes to the "free" mounts (which is not so free if you look at the mats and time involved.)

I am a purist. I prefer them to not take away the sharp side of encounters, raids, quests and the general feel of the WOW experience. What I would have liked in the game after new content gets released:

1. They should have kept world elites as elites, there used to be quite a few outside areas with elites, which was remade into normal mobs.

2. Scale 5-mans and raids proportionate to the average level of the players inside the instance - So at level 60 you would need 40x relatively good geared people to bring down Onyxia. Take 5x lvl 80 players and Onyxia scale upwards to remain a challenge. Some of the people would moan at that and say that they want comparative loot-tables with that, but I say bolloks with that. Same loot. Experiencing the Onyxia encounteras it is supposed to be (by having respect and fear) is reward enough.

I recall wiping about 12 to 15 times in one Ony raid night.... then just before we would have called it quits, everything just gelled and she went down with about 10 out of 38 lvl60 people still alive. Nothing beats that feeling. People would see her head hanging in town and ask which guild did it... nowadays Ony's head is a dime a dozen. No respect like we had. It saddens me.

3. Mounts. Keep the Pala and Warl mount quests as-is it was in the lvl 60 days. Those guys had to work for it, why not the new people selecting that class? And WTF is up with getting epic mounts now at level 40 and that at the cost of selling a few gray items...

Old arguments, alot of counter arguments to this... but it won't change how I feel.
+1

I struggled to find a group that wants to go to Stratholme though. Tried to do the quests for my 100% mount but couldn't do the last part cuz I needed a group for strat. Which in my week of searching and waiting didn't realize. When I hit lvl62 I just decided that it is a load of bullocks so I went ahead and bout it. Nearly 500g later I had my mount. And for a first timer that 500g is waaaaaaaay expensive as that is all I managed to save up.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Finding groups for those quests was one of the reasons Blizz removed alot of what you needed.
So what they should have done is created some incentive to go back there.
They created the achievements, but that is hardly a reward.
I am thinking some token you get from bosses used as currency in some way to lure people back to old content.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Sojourn wrote:Finding groups for those quests was one of the reasons Blizz removed alot of what you needed.
So what they should have done is created some incentive to go back there.
They created the achievements, but that is hardly a reward.
I am thinking some token you get from bosses used as currency in some way to lure people back to old content.
And once again I find myself agreeing with you. Gonna try and see if I can't make a run at Mana-Tombs this week. Wanna see what the hype is about. Aparently there is some nice loot for tanks :D
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Leveling from 1-60 is just a big chore, and most tend to just try and get through it as fast as possible. Only did my first raid at lvl 80.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

GreyWolf wrote:Leveling from 1-60 is just a big chore, and most tend to just try and get through it as fast as possible. Only did my first raid at lvl 80.
Been stuck on the lower end of 60 for the past 7 odd days now. I just missioned around in different areas and started helping out other ppl with lower lvl instances. I also changed to enchanting so I'm farming for mats. Keeps it interesting and I'm not really bothered to lvl too fast. I know if I try I can hit 70 by the end of the month but that is not to say that I will have bout the last expansion by then. So I'm just cruising along and enjoying the experience of leveling as much as possible.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Alot of people see lvl 1-60 as a chore... BUT... if you just chill and actually read the quest text and emerse yourself in the story of a long quest line or two, it really is something to savour. Following a long quest line, doing what needs to be done and getting a meaningful reward at the end is better than levelling up in 123-done-mode. This statement is aimed at new players... if you need to level up to get to 80 for raids it's different.

I am in the process to level up 2 or 3 other toons from different races and factions just to see what cool quest story lines I've been missing out on. I will probably abandon them once I get close to 60 odd. Or maybe not.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
Sojourn wrote:Nice Kher.

+1

I struggled to find a group that wants to go to Stratholme though. Tried to do the quests for my 100% mount but couldn't do the last part cuz I needed a group for strat. Which in my week of searching and waiting didn't realize. When I hit lvl62 I just decided that it is a load of bullocks so I went ahead and bout it. Nearly 500g later I had my mount. And for a first timer that 500g is waaaaaaaay expensive as that is all I managed to save up.
-10 :lol:

#2. The thing is, that the feeling of beating Ony is not reward enough to get 40 lvl80s to do it.
People want loot equivalent to the effort that they put in. If Ony didn't drop any loot at all, very few people/guilds would have gone to kill her in vanilla wow if it was just for fun.
If you want to kill a big dragon that's a challenge, do OS or EOE. Because there you get reward for your effort.

#3. You simply can't keep the quests for the mounts the same, as you're able to get riding at a much lower level. At the moment, yes, if you want the lvl60 mount and you had to do the quest, great. But you just can't expect a lvl40 char. to do any of the quests for the mount. They just won't survive.

Finally, to counter this argument, try and think how this effects YOUR gameplay?
Not at all. It doesn't effect YOUR raid experience in Ulduar and Argent Colleseum now that a newb can get his epic mount at lvl40, does it?
You will still continue raiding your level of raids without having to worry about them.

You've already gone through everything and are now at end game content, if everything were always kept exactly as it were, people starting now would never reach end game content, because they'd never catch up. Everytime they get close, the bar would just be moved higher, but you can already clear it, because you've been there for a while. Is this fair to someone who pays the same monthly premium as you?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Kronos... for the love of gawd stop making sense and just GTFO. :lol:
I am sticking to my guns.