Counter-Strike: Source

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Friggs wrote:
Rayne wrote:OK. I've not played CSS so I just wanna see how it is.
Me too, I tried it once but with a 56k line it's painful even trying.... I join a game and then I'm dead, the delay is so long that i don't even see them coming! Really ****. I'd dig playing against some bots though, esp DM, it must be so cool using the grav gun against other guys! So if i can't play online against other players then against other bots will be the next best thing.
But at the same time i'm worried that i'll use the bots patch/dl and then get banned and then VALVe will release an 'official' fix for it......
Hey lets wait till next week before installing then. Lotsa oke's are posting weekdays & I see there's a recent update also so maybe some1 will install the bots & the update.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Rayne wrote:...HL2 wont be forgotten soon.
I'll second that man, not for quite a while still!
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Rayne wrote:
Friggs wrote:
Me too, I tried it once but with a 56k line it's painful even trying.... I join a game and then I'm dead, the delay is so long that i don't even see them coming! Really ****. I'd dig playing against some bots though, esp DM, it must be so cool using the grav gun against other guys! So if i can't play online against other players then against other bots will be the next best thing.
But at the same time i'm worried that i'll use the bots patch/dl and then get banned and then VALVe will release an 'official' fix for it......
Hey lets wait till next week before installing then. Lotsa oke's are posting weekdays & I see there's a recent update also so maybe some1 will install the bots & the update.
I like that idea, let others 'test' it ;)
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Hehehe Ja! :twisted:
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Cool man, "see" you later. I'm off!
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Cheers.
Phreak

Post by Phreak »

Hi, I have a question: How can I post an image in my siggy? It wont show? What must I use?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Phreak wrote:Hi, I have a question: How can I post an image in my siggy? It wont show? What must I use?
Just copy & paste the link. Try imageshack.us also. Some probs with photobucket recently.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Change the link to ::

{IMG]"http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/ ... t--/WB.jpg"[/IMG]

Replace the first bracket with a [ one too...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Ensure that BBCode and HTML is enabled in your profile...

Else, I cannot see the problem... I use Photobucket...

I do however think the size of that thing may be a big big...
My BF2142 Stats:

Phreak

Post by Phreak »

I dont think it is that...here is the image...

Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Then it may well be the size being too big {As in proportion , eg 360x175 pixels}

Not too sure though...
My BF2142 Stats:

Asbestos

Post by Asbestos »

Friggs wrote:
Rayne wrote:
Friggs wrote:
I like that idea, let others 'test' it ;)
Be Uber careful before installing anything like that. VALVe seems to ban people on a monthly basis, and so any crack or patch that you have installed and think you have got away with, may just get you banned the next time. Read.
Last edited by Asbestos on 26 Dec 2004, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Yea, I'm very nervous about it, IF I install it, it'll be when a good couple other ppl have and I've finished HL2 a few times over!
Asbestos

Post by Asbestos »

Friggs wrote:Yea, I'm very nervous about it, IF I install it, it'll be when a good couple other ppl have and I've finished HL2 a few times over!
By then VALVe should have released the bots themselves... hopefully :?
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Asbestos wrote:
Friggs wrote:Yea, I'm very nervous about it, IF I install it, it'll be when a good couple other ppl have and I've finished HL2 a few times over!
By then VALVe should have released the bots themselves... hopefully :?
That's EXACTLY what i'm waiting for! I really hope they release bots for CSS and for DM, for us poor folk who can only afford dial-up connections :roll: :(
psychotic_savage

Post by psychotic_savage »

Well i got bots from a friend and they work fine i figure im never online with my pc at home so i might as well use the bots to practice with but css looks all nice and pretty but the game itself lacks the skill needed in Zero and 1.6. So i actuall never play it anymore. And believe you me when the bots are on the hardest setting they kick your *** left right and center. They have AI so the first few rounds you do well but they are learning how you play then all of a sudden they are brilliant. oh well
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD
zimdollar

Post by zimdollar »

FINALLY! Bots that are an actual challenge, and don't get stuck on thin air... but let me guess, they still hav the irritating habit of chatting to make them look real...
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

Where do you get your bots.

I had bots but then my stupid sister deleted them and I havn't been able to find any bots. :?
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
MeercatMilker

Post by MeercatMilker »

zimdollar wrote:FINALLY! Bots that are an actual challenge, and don't get stuck on thin air... but let me guess, they still hav the irritating habit of chatting to make them look real...
You can type Bot_chatter 1 to make the bots stop talking to you or you can search for BotConfig.cfg and delete it, but then you have to add the bots manualy.

bot_add
bot_add_t
bot_add_ct
bot_kick
bot_kill

Jacques
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

can you do this in 1.6 too :?:
MeercatMilker

Post by MeercatMilker »

Iceblade wrote:can you do this in 1.6 too :?:
Yes there is a zbots for 1.6.

Jacques
psychotic_savage

Post by psychotic_savage »

rather get pod bot for 1.6 they are really easy to use you just use the = key and then you have a choice of numbers to use. only thing is when using scouces bots you always have to put autobalance and limmitteams off.
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD
Asbestos

Post by Asbestos »

Who here has actually given up CS to play CS:S instead?
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Still don't have CS:S so 1.6 will do :wink:

Using z-bot on expert 8O
These are hectic bots,
I remember that pod-bot on 1.5 sucked,
but z-bot really good :wink: