Gran Turismo 4

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Bah!
I guess it was to be expected :(
Seems we'll only be getting it in March.
---------

Gran Turismo 4 hits red light

Sony's driving sim gets pushed back in both Japan and North America; SCEA targets early '05 as new launch window.

TOKYO--Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that the Gran Turismo 4 release date has moved from December 3 to December 28. The company explains that the game had some unexpected tuning requirements that held up its release. Making the adjustments will cause the game to miss its previously allotted ship date.

Stateside, Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced a new ship date for US gamers. Gran Turismo 4 moves from a ship date of December 14 to a ship date sometime in the January-to-March window of next year.

In a statement, SCEA said: "Natural challenges with finalizing all the key features and localization issues across worldwide territories have led to the difficult choice of pushing back the release date in order to ensure that Gran Turismo 4 lives up to the exacting standards of the 36 million-plus fans worldwide that have purchased previous versions"
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

I can't wait for GT4.

The prologue was abit disappointing. The graphics were good but not brilliant, the people were also cardboard. There wasn't enough cars or tracks. For its price it was a ripe off to.

I have heard the game is much better than the prologue so I can't wait. Only a few more days.
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

Gran Turismo 4 Release Date

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today announced that Gran Turismo 4
is coming to PAL territories on March 9th.
Developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., Gran Turismo 4 continues where Gran
Turismo 3 A-Spec left off, offering more cars, more courses, more race
modes and online gameplay via the Network Adaptor (for PS2).
The online mode offers, amongst other features, a chance for players to
race head to head with up to 6 other players.
In offline gameplay, players will have the opportunity to race in an
enhanced arcade and simulation mode based upon similar game mechanics
from Gran Turismo 3 A-spec. Check the press release for more details:
http://www.gamershell.com/companies/son ... 10915.html

www.granturismoworld.com

www.gamershell.com/ps2/gran_turismo_4/screenshots.html

:-o InfoThx2dSm :-o
Intel 2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Dual Display 22\\\" & 17\\\"
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Sweet thanks for the info, Was hopping it was coming out this month (Stated in PCF This month)

Oh well the ninth will come....
rand0mh3ro

Post by rand0mh3ro »

oooh weee!!! i can't wait boys! who's played burnout 3 yet? opinions?

BTW, online play in GT4 was scrapped so the game could be released sooner.

If one had ADSL at home, could you play PS2 games online?
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Ok boys (and girls?)

Release date: 18th March in SA.

R466.00 from Kalahari.net

/me drools uncontrollably

HURRY UP 18th March !!!

I've been twiddling my thumbs since Dec last year when the schmucks promised us the world wide realease b4 Xmas.

btw if you haven't already checked out the offical site then go have a peek.
Very slick site, takes awhile to load but excellant!
http://www.granturismoworld.com
rand0mh3ro

Post by rand0mh3ro »

Can't wait anymore!!! I played GT4 prologue 2 weeks ago, it wasn't bad but from my understanding the full game is even better. Kalahari.net can't keep up with pre-orders so I'll have to put my name on the list at CNA.
style121

Post by style121 »

Ok so its finally here. Got my copy today and played for 10 minutes while on lunch. Man, just the intro gave me goosebumps. The cars are amazing. I just checked out arcade mode and there are plenty to choose from, including models I never would've thought would make it into the game because they're so new.

This ones a must. There goes my weekend!
rand0mh3ro

Post by rand0mh3ro »

style121 wrote:Ok so its finally here. Got my copy today and played for 10 minutes while on lunch. Man, just the intro gave me goosebumps. The cars are amazing. I just checked out arcade mode and there are plenty to choose from, including models I never would've thought would make it into the game because they're so new.

This ones a must. There goes my weekend!
You played it on your lunch break?! Where do you work? Do you have a PS2 at the office? Also got mine today but have to wait till I get home in about 1 hour :evil: Can't wait!!!
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Gonna get mine tomorrow... Just waiting now... Sucks :(
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Haha Got mine today!! Love the game but it is gonna take me a long time to complete...

But yeah, Gfx are awesome, Game is great... All I need now is a wheel...
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

I got mine on Friday and i haven't touched it yet. My gf came over about 5min after i arrived home.
She's been here since then (now sunday morn)
I watched the Intro while she was showering and thats it.

Looks beautiful !
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Screeper wrote: I watched the Intro while she was showering and thats it.
ahh sneaking a peak hey :wink:

Wait till you play the game! Addictive... But so far I suck at it.... :(
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

My eye twitches everytime i walk past the game sitting innocently next to the PS.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

Controlling my self to carry on a conversation with my firend rather than running off...

Got 3 hours sleep last night, good game :sigh:

*edit* oh yay just finished...

Can't enjoy the game a lot, coz my mom keeps saying I dont know how to stop.... getting annoying...
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Finally got to play this morning,

Graphics: I'd say not that far from GT3 but crisper and a little more detail all round. The crowds still look like cardboard cutouts tho, dunno why they even bother with them in any case.
Can't really put my finger on what they've inproved but the tracks just look that little bit better in terms of shade from trees, road textures and the like.
:)

Licences: I've done national A and B, and international A and B so far. Nothing there thats gonna give any probs for ex-GT3 players, although if you're new to GT there are a few in International B that could cause a few frustrations.
Special licence looks like it could take a bit of time, its 16 time trials - the last one being Germany's Nurburgring which is a +- 10min course which you have to complete without going off the track.
I'll try complete Special this afternoon if i can.

Playing the GT mode is amazing. The size and scope of this game is phenomenal.
Money-making is it's usual problematic self during the early stages (which i'm still in) but it looks as tho there's big money to be won in the pro-leagues etc.. if i ever get there !

The number of cars available is mind-boggling, i'm wondering whether a single player will ever see them all.

I think a steering wheel would be superb with this game, i'm really thinking about shelling out the greenbacks for a good wheel (about R1100 for the Logitech Driving Force Pro)

Anyway if you've got a PS2 and even a smidge of an interest in cars then get the game, tis truly the best racing game you can buy without a doubt.

i'm off to watch the intro again ;)

Percentage of game complete after about 4 hours playing = 1.7% lol
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I never really played GT3 a lot, so I am suffering, played more than 4 hours and 1.1% complete....

I am just waiting to get to 25%, then I will be playing the endurence....

@Screeper, did you earn the licences by just passing the test and not caring about what you got in the awards, or did you get all your awards in gold?
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

I'm just passing with Bronze, i got several silver and 1 gold but i'm certainly not going for anything other than just passing them.
To get gold for all you need to spend loads and loads of time practising each test to get it perfect, it would get very tiresome. I tried it in GT3 but i lost interest about half way.

Got 2 more to go on Special licence and then i'll have finished them. Altho one of those is that Nurburgring so it could take me a while.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

oh yeah, I played the Nurburgring against my bro, two laps around... Took about 20 minutes to complete, and I was using the dodge viper....

3/4 or the time I was driving in the dirt :roll:

What car did you buy though? I bought the toyota sprinter... Not sure if it is any good....

You know that you can transfer the licences from GT3 and 100 000 credits to GT4 right? but you wont get the cars that you earned from the licences....
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Yeah u can transfer some cash from either GT4 Prologue or from GT3. Max 100000cr.
I chose not to cos its the start thats i find so fun. Having a really rubbish car and slooooowly getting parts for it and eventually winning races.

I'm using a Pontiac somethingorother that i got after finishing one of the licences. Its really bad, quite a bit of horsepower but slow gear changes and handles like a marshmello.
Also unlocked the Nike Car. Weird car, got the swoosh on the side, damn fast but you can't use it for any of the races so i'm not really sure what its for.

Only got Nurburgring to go in the licences. Just tried it twice. Need 7min58sec to pass. I got 8min02sec on my first run then on my second run i was 15sec up on previous time and i hit a cone on the LAST CORNER !!!!!! argghg i nearly threw the controller at the window.
Can't bring myself to do that damn track again this eve, it is such a long track.
This particular licence is gonna cause trouble with loads of people i think, you need to concentrate hard for 8min non stop. Plus you can't really learn the track cos there's so many corners. And the car is quick, corners come so fast.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I know the dodge was useless on the track.... Got so bored I doubled back and smashed into my bro for more competition....

I the car so, now I am just struggling with no cash... :(
But yeah, brilliant game...

I am not looking forward to the Nurburing... Just imagine attempting to get a gold on that!!

*edit* I hate coming to the end, coz I know I will do something wrong, then I get so worked up about it, I smash....
rand0mh3ro

Post by rand0mh3ro »

The Nurburgring is pure evil! Lots of high speed blind corners and so narrow. I did the full track just once so far in one of the licences by following the pace car. I can imagine people getting half way through it and then sliding off track and having to start from the beginning again. I also just have Special licence to complete but only managed to finish 3 of the test so far, leaving Nurburgring for last.
dammod

Post by dammod »

I use to like the GT games but now I feel, its just not worth getting sooooo frustrated!
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

i love it :)

its so tricky, only the skilled (actually only the most persistant) get through.

The nurburgring is killing me. I'm pushing to hard and clipping a cone or a bit of grass = FAIL :(
That Merc is so quick, everything happens at blinding speed. Down the long straight i have to change my underwear at least twice as the car twitches and squirms at +-270km/h

and like rand0mh3ro said the blind rises/corners are so treacherous you're never quite sure whats coming.

@rand0mh3ro - no.15 (the one before the nurburgring) in Special licence is a swine as well. Drive some Bentley LeMans car at 370km/h and have to get the braking right for a 2nd gear chicane and then back up to 370 and then back down to 2nd gear for another chicane.
The sound of the car at 370km/h is so cool, whistling wind and squeaking body parts :)
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Wooohooo just finished Nurburgring :) :)

time of 7min48sec
Licences all done. Now the World is mine mouahaha ;)
The prize for finishing special licences is a 1967 Cougar, pretty crumby looking car but i just took it for a spin in the Beginner Cup FR races and it cleaned up, all 5 races pretty easy victory. Its only got 4 gears tho so it revs out down the straights all the time.

I suppose i'd better get back to college.
came home for a quick lunch 2 hours ago ;)