Rappelz Official Thread

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

The Rappelz developers will have to do something to regain the trust of the players. My weekend was a waste too. I'm still stuck on 45 when I was hoping to get to 47, possibly 48 over the weekend.

But due to it being so bad over the weekend, I actually started a cleric and huna toon. And I'm actually enjoying the cleric a lot. But for the good of the guild, the archer will still be my primary toon :wink:
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

I've been 64 since Thursday last week. Yeah this is bs.

I'll not spend another cent on this game 'till it's fixed.

In fact I doubt I'll continue playing it if it's not sorted soon. They said two weeks, fine, I'll bear with it two weeks. After that it's either lag-free play or uninstall for me.

As soon as Soul Of The Ultimate Nation's out I'm moving on anyway.
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

If they would just say what the problem is it would also be fine with me. I will also take a braek till its fixed. DOnt think I gonna leave totally, if servers are right I will play again.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Rayne wrote:I'll not spend another cent on this game 'till it's fixed.
I thought it was free ?? Or are you talking about bandwidth and cap ?

s
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Acually its far more expensive than WOW. If you want to spend money. You can buy ingame items from Cash Shop. eg. my RedPixie cost me around R800
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

In that case wow can be just as expensive, if not more. Buying game pixels with stats have a uge black market as its against the wow-eula to trade game content for real-life money.

Do you have alternatives ? Can you kill monsters with loot drops that gives the same stats as the shop items?

s
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

The thing is that Rappelz forces you to purchase cash shop items if you want to lvl fast. You can play for free andstill get to lvl 100 but it will take you much longer.

With WoW you pay about R150.00 per month but you can definitly see what you're paying for. I've had no lag since I started playing WoW and making money is a simple choice of profession. I make enchanted leather armor and sell it in the auction house for a nice profit.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Sojourn wrote:...Do you have alternatives ? Can you kill monsters with loot drops that gives the same stats as the shop items?
Yes. The only items not obtainable ingame is a Hidden Village Pass and Vacation Tent, both of which for faster leveling only. Ancient weapons, cloaks, ancient cubes and such can be purchased from the Item Shop and traded or sold ingame. This is however a problem for all characters below R3, level 50, as they do not yet have the millions these items are going for.

Of course you can just farm for drops if you have nothing better to do. Some people like farming so much they actually delevel to keep on farming the same spots. Some have good fortune early and some kill 20k mobs without a single drop. Also note this game has a ridiculous droprate on rare items. Most simply give up.

The Item Shop is also very limited and way overpriced.

And ja, selling any item for hard cash will get you banned.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

ahhhh I see.
So you can buy from the game developers (in-game trading for real cash) but you are not allowed to buy/sell your own items outside for real cash.

WoWarcraft also went over a few bumps during their evolvement to what the game is now. Server downtime for days, lag, login issues and such is just growing pains. Hopefully the devs will get you guys sorted asap.

s
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Well I hope so.

This is the longest I've played a single game yet, Sure will miss all the toons I met if not.

Though I believe smooth play awaits us still. Even with Pantera peeps on our server it was green this weekend. Normally with just the normal bunch it was orange.

The say they know exactly what th eproblem is. Something went very wrong during network upgrades they did the 27th. Two weeks ETA for a fix they say. Oh well guess I'll endure the lag for now.

This was supposed to be my last month as R3 though. With a two week loss I doubt I'll still be able to make 80 end July. Not many toons are doing DP's now because of all this crap so where I could have leveled every second day and twice over weekend I've been stuck on the same level the past six days now. Lag gets ou pwnd. I lose 110k+ EXP everytime I die now. Hours and hours lost.

Not joking about SUN though. As soon as it's online I'm on it.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

What is happening now with Rappelz being down since yesterday afternoon?

I can't even get onto the forums to see what the problem is.
jcd

Post by jcd »

I played yesterday without any problems.

The only problem I had was the Telkom ADSL lines which disconnect every time someone picks up the phone to make a call! And they came to fix it Monday!
Intel Core2Duo E8200
Chaintech Nvidia 9600GT
2x 1024mb DDR2-800 Trancsend Ram
Biostar P35D2-A7 MOBO
120GB & 250GB SATA2 HDD
CoolerMaster Elite 333 case.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Yeah it was fine yesterday. No lag either, in fact last night was a very smooth play indeed. The server was rebooted two times I recall though, once early evening and once around 11:30.

All was good, happy happy, but then I did it again... **** that last cubie... :evil:

Broke +12 TWICE this weekend, sweet. A staff I don't even have now, cost me much more than my Pixie. This is not funny anymore. This cost me real money and all my ingame money. What a joke.

As for the forums itself, well, I guess it's down for maintenance... :P
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Yeah, it worked now this morning.

Rayne, why spend so much then? Surely that jump from +11 to +12 can't make that much of a difference?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Because it makes you look cool. 8)

Oh and, did I mention it makes you stronger? As a DM our staff's do much more for us than your weapons does for you. Pull out a red staff in a dual and your opponents starts thinking twice, he knows his gonna get hurt bad. It means his gonna get pwnd in a simple Nightmare > Darkness Arrow combo instead of the usual Nightmare > Splash Thunder > Darkness Arrow > Lightning > Flame Burn > Life Leech combo. We DM's either kill without taking a hit, ot we take a hit and die. We need to be as strong we can.

Have you seen Fates' swords yet btw? And she's R4, it must have cost her like 100m + to achieve those enchants.

Only an elite few manage to get it to +13 for red or above. In fact the only other toon on Bahamut who had a +13 R3 staff was TheFatalOne, and he broke his too. :lol:

It's a status symbol more than anything else I guess.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Rayne wrote:Because it makes you look cool. 8)

Oh and, did I mention it makes you stronger? As a DM our staff's do much more for us than your weapons does for you. Pull out a red staff in a dual and your opponents starts thinking twice, he knows his gonna get hurt bad. It means his gonna get pwnd in a simple Nightmare > Darkness Arrow combo instead of the usual Nightmare > Splash Thunder > Darkness Arrow > Lightning > Flame Burn > Life Leech combo. We DM's either kill without taking a hit, ot we take a hit and die. We need to be as strong we can.

Have you seen Fates' swords yet btw? And she's R4, it must have cost her like 100m + to achieve those enchants.

Only an elite few manage to get it to +13 for red or above. In fact the only other toon on Bahamut who had a +13 R3 staff was TheFatalOne, and he broke his too. :lol:

It's a status symbol more than anything else I guess.
lol, then you can't complain at the game then if it's your own fault :wink:.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Here's exactly what enchantments does for R3 weapons :

Shot at 2007-07-04
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Lol of course it's the game's fault seeing I did all within my power to ensure my enchant succeeds. The rest is up to the game.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Beginning a second character is so cool!

You got all this cash you can spend on him and you already have R2 gear that you pickup from dungeons.

It all means that he will level up faster.
Intel Core2Duo E8200
Chaintech Nvidia 9600GT
Biostar P35D2-A7 MOBO
120GB & 250GB SATA2 HDD
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Site is up, forums still down but, can you guys get into the Item Shop?
Nuke

Post by Nuke »

Nope can't get into Item shop.

LAgs gone?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

No. Last night was bad again. It gets much better around 11pm but by then I'm not in the mood to play anymore, it's too late. Trying to DP before that is pointless, at times it's unplayable, gets really really bad. If your frozen for more than 2 seconds you know your dead. That was the thing last night, not lag, lag spikes, those endless freezes and last night it got all of us pwnd, party wipe. I actually logged at full HP but the game froze on loading screen when I logged back so I had to restart my pc, when I got back in again we were all dead so the game never even registered we logged out. When 1 pat manages to kill a party of 8 you know there's something horribly wrong with the game your playing. :evil:

You can DP pulling slow, 2 a time but take 2 adds on top of that and there's a problem. At times I can see the adds coming so I cast sleep way before they get to my party but then a second later the mob is slept like 20 metres past me already. Sometimes I sleep a wee bit too late and sometimes my Cleric heals a wee bit too late as well... that normally ends bad for somebody... usually a Strider... :lol:

Everyone's in Horizon talking crap and the R4's always red from farming noobs. They can't lag in CV see, there are pixies there, they pwn you from a distance.

My pass, tent and Lydian expires today. Now I'm screwed. No more 240% stamina regain. Back to 30% I go. Don't know if I want to renew it actually, not with all this crap lately. Last weekend was unplayable and I know this weekend is gonna be the same.

As for the forums, well, it's gone. All the old threads and stickies will be gone. When it's up again it will be empty and totally new.

Btw here's something for you guys -

Comprehensive mob drop table listed by name, level and location

Note it is very badly translated. Though you can still see where to find the mob and even though the names are way wrong you can juggle them by their level.

EDIT : Forgot to share cool news...

- In Epic 4 you can transform into your creature. :wink: And not only that, but once so you can even transform further into an evolved version of it. So if you have an evo 2 Orc Warrior for example, you can transform into and Orc Lord. The pets stats will stack onto yours and I think it's said the buff lasts 30 minutes.

- Blue Pixies are better healers than Clerics. You have a 7 man DP but your missing a Cleric? Hey no problem shout for a pet class with a Blue Pixie.

- Angel's cards describes the creatures as having "excellent healing abilities" so they might heal even better than Blue Pixies.

- Red Pixies are not so hot anymore. Atm thier the most expensive common pet, most in demand and most difficult to tame but in Epic 4 Blue Pixies and Orc's are said to be the best pets to have.

- Mobs hit insanely hard now. So hard in fact, a 2nd job party camping Carni had their Bishop dropped in 2 hits and their Shadow Hunter wearing Vit stones in 5. This is bad news for all Asura's seeing we have the weakest HP ingame. Another party consisting of 6x-7x peeps were wiped by Abhuva.

- An evo 3 Yeti Avalanche is said to be so strong nothing can kill it. It has 15k + HP and monstrous passives P.Def.

Even though I will not be in my 2nd job for a long time to come, I am seriously thinking of opting for either a ranged Shadow Hunter or damage dealing Assassin instead. It will be impossible for lone DM's to make it to their DP's, we already die in 3 hits so if mobs hit even harder wtf are we supposed to do now? Die in 1? An Assassin would be able to hide when he enters the dungeon and as such be able to avoid any and all aggro running all the way through it to get to his party.

Though a reminder again, a R3 toon will not be able to move into his 2nd job just yet. So, I have some time to think this through, as do you.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Rayne wrote:- An evo 3 Yeti Avalanche is said to be so strong nothing can kill it. It has 15k + HP and monstrous passives P.Def.
How hard would it be to obtain an yeti?

EDIT: Thanx for all the info Rayne. I will most probably also go as a assasin. But thats still a while away.
Intel Core2Duo E8200
Chaintech Nvidia 9600GT
Biostar P35D2-A7 MOBO
120GB & 250GB SATA2 HDD
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

So, I started playing last night. My character is a deva holy warrior female. Got to lvl 15 Jlvl 8. And now I've transferred to the continent the city name is Lakesh or something like that.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
jcd

Post by jcd »

Hman if you reach lv20 i'll give you a knights sword for FREE!

Thats another 30K you can shed off your budget.
Just drop me a PM if you reach lv20
Intel Core2Duo E8200
Chaintech Nvidia 9600GT
Biostar P35D2-A7 MOBO
120GB & 250GB SATA2 HDD