Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls Official!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Diablo 3 Official!!!

Post by Anakha56 »

/Scratches game off the list to buy...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

NNOOOOO!!!! Blizzard, you have in the space of one press-release, ruined the game I've been looking forward to for the past 9 years.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

really not bothered by the 3 "important" new factors:

1. my pc is always connected anyway and it's the same as it was with SC2
2. I would only go for mods once I have finished the original game anyway, so no need
3. if I understand correct, it's not you MUST or HAVE TO buy/sell your items for real cash, but the option is there. if that is the case then I have no problem with it being implemented seeing as I enjoy finding rare and ridiculously cool items by myself.
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Off-The-Chart wrote:really not bothered by the 3 "important" new factors:

2. I would only go for mods once I have finished the original game anyway, so no need
3. if I understand correct, it's not you MUST or HAVE TO buy/sell your items for real cash, but the option is there. if that is the case then I have no problem with it being implemented seeing as I enjoy finding rare and ridiculously cool items by myself.
I find myself agreeing on all accounts. Why would I be bothered by this if I already have a Battle.Net account I constantly use for SC2 and WoW :?:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

meh My PC is also always connected but there is no way in hell I am going to carry on supporting this cruddy type of DRM. My line goes down then what? Can I carry on playing and once its fixed get everything uploaded in one shot? Hopefully by then I will have a higher upload speed than what my 384k line can support. If not then whats the point of having a game you cant play. Nah I wont buy it, I need to focus my money on real world issues now eg the house...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

just another game that i can't play....
mind you... i have to finish DII first....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

Anakha56 wrote:meh My PC is also always connected but there is no way in hell I am going to carry on supporting this cruddy type of DRM. My line goes down then what? Can I carry on playing and once its fixed get everything uploaded in one shot? Hopefully by then I will have a higher upload speed than what my 384k line can support. If not then whats the point of having a game you cant play. Nah I wont buy it, I need to focus my money on real world issues now eg the house...
yeah I also thought about that...

they say there will be an offline mode, but then again from what I saw in SC2, it was somewhat of a mission to get it to work. (correct me if I am wrong)

but then again, if it goes down I will just start up some other game I have yet to finish and then the enjoyment of playing it when my line is back up will just be so much more.

not to mention can always try it on 3g as I doubt playing SP campaign will have such a big set back if you go with wireless, as opposed to a FPS.

EDIT: hoping they let us test the RUNE system in the BETA. would love to see the effects it has on stuff.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

My biggest complaint with how SC2 worked is that before I could play I had to download a update. Sometimes I dont have the luxury of waiting 30 minutes to a hour to wait for a patch to download. I just want to get in and bash some monsters and leave, this will take that away and make it frustrating. I hardly play SC2 anymore because of the online aspect, I would hate to see how many patches and the size of them are outstanding...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Hmmm, okay I do want this game but at the same time I dont want it and this time its for a different reason.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... Content%29
Diablo 3 beta: more story, always online, no mods
By Andrew Webster | Published about 14 hours ago

Blizzard is expected to release a beta of Diablo 3 later this year, but a group of journalists were recently invited to the developer's California headquarters to get an early look at what the rest of us will be playing. According to reports, the game is as deep and polished as we've come to expect from Blizzard, though it doesn't come without a few hang-ups.

Chief among said hangups is the fact that the game can't be played offline. As Eurogamer reported, the game will save your characters in the cloud and utilizes a banner system to display your in-game exploits and experience. But the cost of these online features is that the game will always have to be online in order to be playable.

The beta itself covers the first eight levels of the game—which apparently can be completed in around an hour if you rush—and lets players use each of the game's five different classes. Kotaku has a great rundown of how the classes are shaping up. The barbarian class utilizes frenzy instead of mana and features abilities such as the power to transform into a giant, powerful beast; the witchdoctor can summon everything from firebats (described as a flamethrower with bats in it) to creatures that can turn enemies into chickens; the wizard can slow down time, coat its skin with protective diamonds, and even has an alternate form; the monk is powered by spirit and features a wide array of martial arts moves; and the long-range demon hunter gets its power from both hatred and discipline, which aid both offensive and defensive abilities.

In short, it looks like the five classes will offer up quite a few options to players.
A life without skill points

One of the biggest changes this time around is that there are no longer skill points. Each character has six skill slots, and both skills and slots upgrade automatically as you progress through the game. You can swap skills in and out of slots as you like. The idea behind the change is to make each decision have more impact.

"Would you rather make 20 small decisions or three big ones?" Blizzard's Wyatt Cheng told Joystiq. "What we find, especially when it comes to defining your character, is that three big ones is more interesting and compelling."

There is a rune system, however, to give players more customization options. Runes add effects to skills and can alter their strength, which should allow for a lot of freedom for higher-level players.

There's a story in Diablo?

Diablo 3 will put a larger focus on narrative when compared to the previous games in the series, but the developers are attempting to do so in a way that's as unobtrusive as possible. Instead of simply reading text-based quests to get story, there will also be lots of audio that lets you listen in to what's happening without interrupting all of the hacking and slashing.

The beta begins in a place called New Tristam, a town built upon the ruins of the town from the original Diablo. It's a mining town, but when it's struck by a meteor and beset by undead creatures, it ends up in need of some help. You end the beta by defeating the skeleton king, another nod to the first game, who just so happens to be the source of all the undead baddies. With regard to the first chapter, Eurogamer explains that "like everything else about Diablo 3, its narrative has an effortlessness about it that belies how carefully put together it is."
No mods here

In addition to the fact you'll always need to play the game online, one other detail popped up during the preview: according to PC Gamer, Diablo 3 won't support mods of any sort. Unlike StarCraft 2, which embraced mods, they will be prohibited in Diablo 3 duo to a "variety of gameplay and security reasons."

No date has been set for when the beta will be playable by the rest of us, but Blizzard has said to expect it at some point this year.
Hate the lack of a skill system this to me will equal a boring character with a kind of limited play through. Yes you can add runes to try and make yourself unique but how many rune types are there going to be? This system does not feel like a good character development system... /waits to be flamed...

The lack of mods is another disappointment for me...
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
Off-The-Chart wrote:really not bothered by the 3 "important" new factors:

I find myself agreeing on all accounts. Why would I be bothered by this if I already have a Battle.Net account I constantly use for SC2 and WoW :?:
My problem with point 1 is when wow is unplayable due to telkom or due to lag I don't play the game. So with this in mind my past week has been riddelled with horrible lag spikes on local servers ranging from the common 40ms to anything in the 200-500-3k ms range. I'm worried that suddenly I will be disconnected when there is lag or that the entire game will be server side. If thats the case its over and done.

Mods, not too into it. Even with WoW I resented mods but when it comes to single player games it has its uses.

Real world money? The only way I would play wow again is if its free. That said if I can sell diablo 3 items and buy wow gametime then I am all for it. But let me see that I can buy items but I am not allowed to sell items because I am in south africa then I hope the wrath of the PSN hack on blizzard and I am not saying it lightly as blizzard was the last remaining good developer in the world.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

StarBound wrote: Real world money? The only way I would play wow again is if its free. That said if I can sell diablo 3 items and buy wow gametime then I am all for it. But let me see that I can buy items but I am not allowed to sell items because I am in south africa then I hope the wrath of the PSN hack on blizzard and I am not saying it lightly as blizzard was the last remaining good developer in the world.
Very valid point there. How will we be able to buy/sell items? Like SC2 are we going to be regional locked?
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

hmmmm, no off-line at all... (still not bothered though)

agree on the skill part, although I can't much comment on the way they have implemented it now seeing as obviously have yet to try it, but it is indeed what made D2 so much more "intriguing" and customized.

I think there are 5 RUNES but they appear to only start dropping much later on in the game.

@Starbound but will high pings in this game really be that difficult to play? (taking MP aside ofc)

it's not like a FPS game and if you played SC2 you know that even there, high pings wasn't that much of an issue.

hmmm, region locked on item buying/selling???
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

I like:

Auction House Info

k why is there a YOUTUBE if it doesn't work?? :?

Runestone Info

Anahka have a look at that.

*edit

to make youtube videos work:

Code: Select all

[youtube]<numbers at the end of vid>[/youtube]
Last edited by Anakha56 on 02 Aug 2011, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited the vids link for viewing pleasure ;).
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

As long is the game is pc side and not server side then lag wont affect anything just like Starcraft 2. Hopefully one of us will get a beta and see how it does. If its me you will hear all the bad stuff amplified :P

I'll run a bandwidth test aswell just to see what it consumed for just being run and if we run on bnet then we can see how it runs with more people. I'm wondering if Diablo 3 will required a paid sub and that the items will go into supporting the game.
My Steam Screenshots

Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

yeah that would make me walk away from it: a sub

lol @ "bad things amplified" :D
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Thank will look when I get home ;).
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

blegh... first the WoW-heads encouraged the silliness, the SC2 nitwits embraced the silliness like it was their bestest pal and they had no issue being told who they could and couldn't play, (even when they could play), and we're surprised that blizzard is simply continuing the trend?

i was waiting for this to rear its head.... it was almost guaranteed...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

My plan is to sue Blizzard for a server in SA if my connection ever drops :P

But after listening to the arguments from the interviews on the paid auction house I'm actually pro this. This was actually a suggestion I made 4 years ago in wow after a minute of unplayable spam. Let blizzard sell gold in wow and bring down those gold seller sites. Here is the other side of it. I remember diablo 2 items being sold. I think the sorceress Oculust was being sold for $8. My question was if it was 8 gold because the game didn't use dollars.

Another side of the interview covered colour vibrance in the game and I feel if the game is still diablo and not wow or torchlight afterwards then its A for away.

*Edit - mistake on my behalf.
Last edited by StarBound on 05 Aug 2011, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

StarBound wrote: Dungeon randomization is cut nearly in half. Over world is 90-95% set meaning only some spots are random generated. I feel this is something that should be changed.
:cry:

I want someone to get the old Diablo redone with HD graphics and a lovely high res. I really miss these random generated maps and dungeons, it makes the game awesome and has brilliant replayability. I miss the games of old... *sigh*
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

if I understand what you mean with your randomization, then yes, also agree that it should be changed.

it would be how I feel about BF3:
BF2 was already a solid game, so why go and totally remove stuff from it in BF3? why not try and adapt the features that were already there instead of trying to 'invent' totally new systems. same here... D2 was already an awesome game so why not just work from it???

what you mean with the "colour vibrancy" thing? the overall 'look' of the game (gfx wise)?

I see 1 thing people complain about in regards to the AH, is the fact that now rich people would benefit more since they can go and buy hectic items. though as I understand, the items being sold will not be done by Blizzard and will only be items that have been found by other people.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

The colour vibrance that Star is going on about is that Blizzard is making the game with a lot more bright colours when compared to D1&2 which had dark foreboding colours that set the mood of the game. I cant see myself liking this game... :(

No more random maps&dungeons.
No more character customization.
No more offline lan play.
No more dark foreboding gameplay.

And I am sure there will be a lot more that I wont enjoy about the game when more details get revealed.

/Cant wait for this game: http://www.grimdawn.com/index.php
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Final boss battle will be a baking contest between your character and Diablo. Following in the tradition of RPGs where the protagonist has a pet, Diablo 3 will be introducing fluffy pink bunnies and picnics at which tea and scones will be served.
Demons will be washed, scrubbed and scented before battle...
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Molean

Post by Molean »

StarPhoenix wrote:Final boss battle will be a baking contest between your character and Diablo. Following in the tradition of RPGs where the protagonist has a pet, Diablo 3 will be introducing fluffy pink bunnies and picnics at which tea and scones will be served.
Really?
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Molean wrote:
StarPhoenix wrote:Final boss battle will be a baking contest between your character and Diablo. Following in the tradition of RPGs where the protagonist has a pet, Diablo 3 will be introducing fluffy pink bunnies and picnics at which tea and scones will be served.
Really?
Nah he is being sarcastic ;). However I would not be surprised if you do find a dungeon labeled "Demon Wash Room"...
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Anakha56 wrote:he is being sarcastic
sounded pretty accurate to me... along with the other bits, (auto-posting in-game status to your twitter account and updating your google--/farcebook profile with your latest acquisitions... not to mention loads of funny hats you can curse the monsters with...)
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel