local download solution?

Questions, comments, suggestions, flames about the magazine? Here's the place.
WAJeff

Post by WAJeff »

Cure wrote:
As we said before, the guys with uncapped lines will contribute. Also, guys with 5GB+- could also seed a little bit. Sharing is caring remember
In the case of bittorrent you share while you download so that's going to eat up cap.
No duh :roll:

Dude, read my posts above. The guys with uncapped, or large ammounts of cap can upload until they blue in the face
If you not gonna share, its pointless using the p2p option, obviously!!!
If you dont want us to go with the option of p2p please come up with some suggestions about getting some server space so we can download from there, otherwise we just gonna go in circles
Off-The-Chart

Post by Off-The-Chart »

if the torrent way is gone, should spread the file amongst the guys with uncapped first and then when they have it, they can seed it so that from the start the seeding speed not that slow...

I am also on uncapped and would most certainly be willing to help out but if we take a 512 line which I think the upload is 384, if a bunch of peeps leech from 1 okes 512 it is definitely gonna take a while...

also any1 willing to seed obviously after they have the file(s) is more than welcome...
1 thing though, if you start a torrent, how will we be able to only make it available to our locals?
Intel i5 750 - Asus P7P55D LE - G.Skill Ripjaws 2x 4Gig - Coolermaster HAF932
Club Radeon 5850 - Corsair HX750W - OCZ Vertex 2 120Gig SSD - 2x Seagate 1.5TB
Samsung 2494HS 1920x1080 - Logitech G15 - Logitech G500
BlackBerry Bold 9900 - iPod Touch 8Gig 2G
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Well, I have made in my mind the most viable proposition, then you'll work on a landing page where you log in and you'll need some mods to get rid of leechers.

On this landing page you''l show ads from the sponsor companies, a good company to start asking for sponsorship would be Canonical.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers