Gears Of War PC

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

Gold Account cost R600 a year hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Microsoft must be on crack or going mad
they dont know it but they are actually motivating piracy again
see with the other games u play free online
so ppl actually buy Originals
except obviously MMO's

Game Specifications :
Minimum System Requirements:

* Processor 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD

* RAM 1 GB

* Hard Drive 12 GB free hard drive space

* Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+

* Online Multi-player: Broadband Internet Connection, Games for Windows - LIVE Gold Subscription
Intel 2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Dual Display 22\\\" & 17\\\"
Maplassie_GTR

Post by Maplassie_GTR »

R600 for a year. WTF?

I will take my silver account and dip it in some gold paint and send them a mail!
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Obituary

Post by Obituary »

Has anyone played through the game??
http://www.transcendit.co.za/

[Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600]
[Asus P5N32e-Sli Mobo]
[8GB Hynix DDR2-800]
[750gb + 400gb + 320gb + 160gb SATA2 HDD]
[Nvidia 9800GTX]
[Raidmax Power 700W]
[Aztec Gaming Rig]
[Microsoft Razer Gaming Keyboard, Logitech MX518, 2x 300w Rocksonic Speakers + Rocksonic AMP]
[Acer 19" Wide LCD]
halo

Post by halo »

IM sure the game plays like the xbox version... Im getting once exams are over... but it should be a fun game to play... its odd that they force a gold membership to play the game online.. they have never done that before... The R600 does come with other benfiets but unless you live in a country with good bandwidth or have an amazing internet connection, its not worth getting a gold membership in sa... not now anyway...
halo

Post by halo »

thought as much... according to the offical site you only require a silver membership (the free one) to play online:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor 2.4+ GHz Intel; 2.0+ Ghz AMD
RAM 1 GB
Hard Drive 12 GB free hard drive space
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+
Online Multi-player: Online Multiplayer – Games for Windows – LIVE Silver Membership (included)
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

so tell me this Halo,
silver membership never expires?
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

ok i got it
Membership Levels
u cant cross platform with silver status
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Obituary wrote:Has anyone played through the game??
Hey Obituary.... From what I read, the extra 5 chapters (don't think it's ACTS) are just when you finish inside Marcus's dad's house and you run to get to the APC while the Brumak chases you just before you go to the train station for the final ACT. From what I understand there will be 5 chapters before you get to the train station.
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

got the game last nite,
Vista sucks,
took about one hour to install :'(
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
FTB_Screamer

Post by FTB_Screamer »

So, can anyone tell me if the game is worth the money, Or is it just another overhyped xbox button smashing rubbish. ala Rainbow six Las Vegas.
VoodooProphetII

FTB please don't get it. You will not like it one bit. To be honest you'll hate it. The game suck, and I mean really suck. It's worse then any game I've ever played. Be the man that you are, and just let it be, you won't be disappointed. I fell for it, and finished the game 5 times now, and I will buy the PC version, and will buy my brother a copy as well, just like I've done with the xbox 360 version. Oh I hate myself. How could I, how could I be so stupid.
FTB_Screamer

Post by FTB_Screamer »

VoodooProphetII wrote:FTB please don't get it. You will not like it one bit. To be honest you'll hate it. The game suck, and I mean really suck. It's worse then any game I've ever played. Be the man that you are, and just let it be, you won't be disappointed. I fell for it, and finished the game 5 times now, and I will buy the PC version, and will buy my brother a copy as well, just like I've done with the xbox 360 version. Oh I hate myself. How could I, how could I be so stupid.
uhm, ok. :roll:
Obituary

Post by Obituary »

VoodooProphetII
Thanx :D
http://www.transcendit.co.za/

[Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600]
[Asus P5N32e-Sli Mobo]
[8GB Hynix DDR2-800]
[750gb + 400gb + 320gb + 160gb SATA2 HDD]
[Nvidia 9800GTX]
[Raidmax Power 700W]
[Aztec Gaming Rig]
[Microsoft Razer Gaming Keyboard, Logitech MX518, 2x 300w Rocksonic Speakers + Rocksonic AMP]
[Acer 19" Wide LCD]
VoodooProphetII

Cool beans..... I'll be getting my Gears of War PC somewhere next week. Can't wait.
halo

Post by halo »

ola... just wanted to ask if anyone else is getting weird shuttering in the game? Im playing it on everything maxed on 1280*1024... it runss amazingly well till suddenly i get huge amounts of lag...dont understand why... will try lower the setting and see what happens... but still, anyone else having this problem?
Charger14

Post by Charger14 »

Actually me aswell. Game runs great then at the weirdest of times I get huge amounts of lag. Usually when there's nothing happening. go figure :?

One massively annoying problem I've had is that it sometimes manages to lose all your save games. Then unless you fiddle with the game files and "cheat" back to where you were you gota start all over again.

Other than that, awesome game! Jamming it co-op with a friend of mine over lan, very fun!
Is this thing on?Helloooo?
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

Just bought it :D Installing as we speak :D
halo

Post by halo »

psYChowIt wrote:Just bought it :D Installing as we speak :D
Hope you enjoy it... Ive had to stop playing... I get to one part and then the game just crawls... doesnt matter want setting im running the game on (im talking 800*600 with everything set to low) and it just drops from 100+fps down to 0 and then next thing you no im dead... its soooooooo anoying! o well... thats life, and R300 ill never see again :(
psYChowIt

Post by psYChowIt »

I just played for about 40 min LOVING IT!!!!! the best third person camera I've handled
halo

Post by halo »

All done... Still have no idea if i like the PC version better than the Xbox one, but who cares... I enjoyed the extra act, made the time line make more sense :)

RAAM is a bit^& on hardcore... even on PC!
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Hi i got gow the other day installed it and then tried to play it with no success the games shows the opening logo and does not start .... thought the program is running and listed in the task manager it does nothing.... the game works I played it once and after that it never start again.

I installed it on xp not vista and apparently alot of people are having this problem and i was wondering if anyone out there has had a similar problem an if possible how to fix this .... an original game doesnt guarantee it will work lol :cry:

btw my sytstem is above the reccomended so its not hardware related.
Pino

Post by Pino »

Loved it. Oh yea and there are alot of people on the official forums moaning about the stuttering , Should be fixed in the next patch.
Jesus loves you , But you are still a n00b.
RiaX

Post by RiaX »

Oh the patch fixes a lot of bugs in the game like making it work start up with no lag however it doesnt fix a very critical problem and thats loss of saved games, this is a major problem on XP and there isnt a fix for this. Everytime i quit my save data is lost and a $h*t load of gamers are having this problem i dont know if its a XP only problem but the issue has to do with the LIVE thing and its absolutely absurd that there is a problem like this if you thinking about buying this game i would honestly think twice.

The gameplay and graphics is brilliant.... it is a game worth having but the fact its so full of bugs makes it a piece of garbage definitely not worth the R300+ you will pay for it. Its a shame though i really enjoyed the game until the time i got to the next morning with all my saves gone, epic has not released a patch/fix for this and hasnt even addressed the problem to the gamers (if anyone knows how to fix please tell me cause there isnt anything on technical support they havent even replied to my emails :( )
If you dont belive me check the epic forums at http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=583531

my advice to you is buy something else like crysis or COD 4
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

here is the last part of the review

I’d be remiss if I neglected to mention the slight stutters during level loading which seems to affect some more than others. To me (AMD 64 x2 4200, 2 GB RAM, 7800 GT, Win XP SP2) it was noticeable, but didn’t detract from the experience overall. Also in the negative column is the limited matchmaking – that is unless you subscribe to Xbox LIVE Gold, which I don’t. You can find a few players online simply enough otherwise, but you can’t escape the feeling that you’re missing part of the game if you’re a lowly free Silver subscriber. Be aware also, that as of this time, there is no dedicated server and I am not aware of any plans for one. Despite all that, there’s a tremendous amount of fun stuff here and it’s all beautifully done. If the gameplay I described sounds like your thing, then there’s a good chance you’ll enjoy it.

read full review here
http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/art ... rspc_1.php
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier