Windows R00lez!!!1!!11!!!!

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
Boesman

Post by Boesman »

I can't wait to see the end result of this game project, I think it's so great to see people working together to produce something like this. Keep it up guys............ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

i also can't wait to see how it turns out... :D

Ah but if it turns out to be great or not it'l always be unique because it was made (practically) on the E3 forums :wink:
Reality is the Illusion we all agree upon
AngryRabbit

Post by AngryRabbit »

Hey Bondi

I found my avatar at www.angryrabbit.com would you believe it. It's pretty amazing just how many useless websites are out there.

That Mac of yours sounds sweet, wanna give it to me? :lol:
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

Oooh Oooh Bondi - pick me! pick me! I want a G4 too!! I love my PC but I also was raised on an Apple so I kinda have a soft spot for them...
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

bondi wrote:AngwyWabbit and OnlyTwoKenobi, I'm really impressed with your avatars! Did you do that on a PC? Just asking.

I don't see any small Apple logos though, but hey, they'll come.
Yup, twas done on a PC! :D

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Boesman

Post by Boesman »

It's really good, how long did it take you and what kind of programs did you use :?: :o :lol:
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

MS Photopaint - it comes with Office 2000 and also Paint Shop Pro 7 and Photoshop 5... btw. Boesman I can't see your sig pic.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

:cry: i really really want a mac... :cry:
even hiring Jordan Hubbard, the founder of the FreeBSD project
i got to say this was pretty clever on apples side, i mean if they want to build an uncrashable OS based partly on a unix core who better to get than the designer of the most stable and secure (opensource) OS around
The Power Mac G4 Cube
when this first came out i was...well slightly dissapointed dont get me wrong this a great mac its just that i couldnt see all that many users wanting this paticular mac...it was innovative yes but it had the feeling of waiting a bit longer for something better to come out.
PowerBook
i really really want this :cry:
how much did this baby cost you?

When it was first released, users complained that it became incredibly hot – especially on the left palm rest, where the hard drive sat. Within weeks it was sorted, and that’s when I got mine. All they did was post an update to Jaguar (10.2.5) and the software automatically corrected the problem in the hardware
:? thats pretty interesting, well i mean that a software update can solve an odd little problem like that... very cool 8)
as the air is blown out, is get forced up by the clever hinge system and clear any dust that settles on the screen! So my screen is always clean
pretty clever 8)
Nobody’s perfect
do i detect some sarcasm there :lol:

ah i only wish that Apple would establish itself in other countries (who am i kidding i mean south africa :wink: ) that way they would be far more available to people and they wouldnt be such an unobvious choice for the person looking for a new computer.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Impressive Bondi, But what did it cost?
The Gentle Giant, the last of his Clan...
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

Hey bondi, funny you don't mention Apple's proprierty hardware and how the earlier versions of Jaguar (i think 10.1) wudn't support most if any hardware tht didn' come out of Apple store.
blikkie

Re: More competitive??

Post by blikkie »

bondi wrote: The Power Mac G5 with its 1GHz FSB and all the other latest enhancements, wipes the floor clean with the fastest PC money can buy - a Dell Dual 3Ghz Xeon - and is still $1000 cheaper.

Which means you save over R8000 instantly. Think Different, eh? :roll:
but can it run my games?
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Dakes

Post by Dakes »

Bondi, were those pics taken in your house. If so, nice place you have there :D
Brother Hiram, wish you were here!
Thanks Disruptor!
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Despite what's been said before I keep on hearing that games and certain software needs to be ported to Macs... it's a huge risk to take, abandoning both the hardware and software you know.

Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

WOW!

Very nice Bondi! Well I guess it's nice for a "MAC USER" :lol:
Just kidding.
blikkie

Post by blikkie »

bondi wrote:Hi guys, thanks for the replies!
but can it run my games?
Yes blikkie – all the games that matter to you, till your heart’s content. We’ve discussed this topic many times before – having even given lists of the latest games that are available.

Now I’d love to see the world’s fastest personal computer playing Doom III, wouldn’t you?
I won't argue about Doom 3 on a Mac, because I know that id ports a lot of its games to other platforms - but that's because C/C++ are such universal languages - and who can complain about native code compilers?

That aside - I'd need some convincing that games such as Flight Sim 2k4 (had to throw it in, to mess you about :D) Raven Shield, Battlefield 1942, Crimsonland, Toca Race Driver, Colin McRae 3 and a crapload of others I have at home.

Along with that comes the "having to learn how to use a new OS, on a different hardware platform" as well.

Sure - you think a Mac might be better than a PC, but I think that no Mac comes near to what I need MY PC for.
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Norrad

Post by Norrad »

Click here for the truth about macs :D
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

Tell what hardware you’ve got, what you do and what situation you’re in and let’s see if we can get you one. I said the same thing and just saved to get rid of my PC and get a replacment.
Thanks for the offer Bondi but for the moment my wish is simply that...a wish at the moment im in no position to save up for a mac...well maybe one day :wink: thanks for the offer :)
I want it to be our server in the company, have it in a huge room with a polished wooden decked floor. The whole room would be totally empty, no shelves, furniture – nothing. And then have the Cube in the missle of the room on the floor with the cables tucked away going directly under it under the floor boards
if you manage this, that will be extremely impressive...not to mention very cool 8)
but can it run my games?
wouldnt virtual pc be able to run most pc software?
Bondi, were those pics taken in your house. If so, nice place you have there
hehe i agree, very stylish :wink:

maybe its just me but the base looks pretty dangerous :?

very neatly arranged inside though 8)
Click here for the truth about macs
:lol: :lol: this is funny :lol: :lol:
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

Dont worry about it Bondi, even i picked up some of the mistakes and i know next to nothing about mac os's 8)

he was just exagerating some points ang going around the obvious sollution.

the entire thing screamed "parody" so i dont think you have to worry about people being too convinced that Macs are "Useless"
Oh, you mean like Windows , possibly? Like where if you click on an .exe file and drag it from one disk to another, it creates a shortcut rather than actually copying the file, unless you hold down Alt or Ctrl or Shift or something?
eh? :?
And OS X handles other kinds of media in a way that lets you control it completely
windows xp also does this particular brand of autorun configuring 8)

yknow... OS:X and Windows XP
alot of X's dont you think :wink:
Why in the hell does a 3-minute MPEG have to be 48MB?
so that we can watch it on our nice bigscreen tv :P ? ...thats huge just for 3 minutes thats even larger than if it was encoded at a 1152kps encoding rate. maybe they just wanted it in really really really good quality. :?
bondi

Post by bondi »

™©®
Last edited by bondi on 02 Jun 2004, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

You might not know it, but Macs don’t have a BIOS – you just plug things in and they work. Presto
ok i really dont see how that can work...guess im just too much of a pcphile :lol:
Of course it’s dangerous.
Stand Back :wink:

havnt seen it but im trying to download it now...if only i wasnt connected at 28kbps 8O ...kinda my fault i suppose i "accidentally" tripped over the phone extension :oops:
Mac OS X came out years and years before XP
i thought Mac OS:X was a recent developement?? :?
You’re kinda missing the point. OS X gives complete control. Each and every type of media can be pre-set and configured on its own terms
i must be missing the point, i still dont get it :?
Christ. Can’t you get it to work now? ;
whaat? :P

ok yknow reading over my post i was sure i had typed something after "eh?"...guess not :oops: anyways in XP clicking and dragging a file (.exe) doesnt create a shortcut to it. it actually moves it

by the way Bondi if you have any mice (the computer kind not the fuzzy ones :wink: ) do you have a one button or a more than one button mouse? no particular reason im asking im just curious.