The olde New Member Intro thread

New to the forum? Introduce yourself over here!
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: New member intros here!!

Post by Hman »

Howdy mr Jordaan
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

Stuart wrote:Welcome Mr. Jordaan. Ordinarily it would be safe to use your real name, but there's this user ... goes by the name c0d3r ... that stalks people on FaceBook the moment she finds out their real name. It's probably too late, but I'd watch out for any Kiwis suddenly adding you as friends on FaceBook, assuming you have an account there.

As for your question ...
Forum Rules wrote:6) No advertising or self promotion. If you are a regular user you may announce your site in the forum once, there after you are only allowed to have a link in your signature (no banners). Please don’t just join to advertise on the forum, it will get deleted/locked.
Technically, you're not a regular user yet, but we'll be inclined to let it go as long as you don't start actively advertising in your posting and, even better, if you start contributing to the forum.

Thanks Stu, I got that, I'm here to chat not for the business, this is a strickly social call. Thanks for the heads up. :D
Last edited by hannesjordaan on 07 Dec 2009, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an entrepreneur, ways to make money interest me.
http://www.vlakvark.co.za
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

CapNemo wrote:Hey HJ hope you have a great time around hear :lol:
Thanks CapNemo, I appreciate the good wishes, looking forward to having a great time. :)
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

Hman wrote:Howdy mr Jordaan
Ha ha ha, ek het nou lekker gelag. Jou website is beskikbaar by co.za hoor ha ha ha.
Howdy to you too. ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

En so by the way, daai foto op jou Signature is van my sussie, ha ha ha. :lol:
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

Stuart wrote:Welcome Mr. Jordaan. Ordinarily it would be safe to use your real name, but there's this user ... goes by the name c0d3r ... that stalks people on FaceBook the moment she finds out their real name. It's probably too late, but I'd watch out for any Kiwis suddenly adding you as friends on FaceBook, assuming you have an account there.
:|

There are 5 Hannes Jordaans that I can see on Stalkbook (I mean Facebook) so no invite will be going out in the very near future. Don't make me come spam the English thread again :x

Welcome to the community Hannes :) If you are here for idle chit-chat, you're definitely in the right place. Has anyone pointed you in the direction of the English / Afrikaans spam threads?
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

hannesjordaan, hello there. It really doesn't matter if you use your real name or not - we will generally make up a nick name for you which you will have to live with :wink: I see you have joined the Jedi - does that mean you like scifi more than horror? If so - welcome - if not - welcome :lol:

You do have to pop into the Chill out zone if you haven't already (I am behind in my posting so have not been there yet to see if you were there already). Watch out for that mouse (Stuart) - he wields some power around these parts now, and sometimes gets a little power drunk :wink: closing threads, warning people that they should not swear, getting rid of evil advertisers......( yes I know these are good things he does, but he used to cause mayhem himself :twisted: ). Now he is a good rodent.

The puppy - well, what can I say about him?! Watch out for his wit - it bites :lol: The rest of the guys in the English and Afrikaans thread are really nice - come and play sometime.

I am going to stop now as I am getting bored with myself. Welcome again.
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

c0d3r wrote:
:|

There are 5 Hannes Jordaans that I can see on Stalkbook (I mean Facebook) so no invite will be going out in the very near future. Don't make me come spam the English thread again :x

Welcome to the community Hannes :) If you are here for idle chit-chat, you're definitely in the right place. Has anyone pointed you in the direction of the English / Afrikaans spam threads?
Thanks c0d3r, what a relief, no spamming (as if.. :lol: ). I've had a look at your friends "SA Shop", there is a couple of pictures missing, maybe I should take some photo's of the stuff they don't have photos on and send it along. What I don't understand though is that if they sell the stuff then they should be able to take photos and add it to their website. I'm beginning to ramble. Good to know there are 5 Hannes Jordaan's on facebook, don't know why exactly, I think. But thanks for comming to introduce yourself, it's always nice to meet interesting people.
c0d3r

Post by c0d3r »

hannesjordaan wrote:
c0d3r wrote: :|

Thanks c0d3r, what a relief, no spamming (as if.. :lol: ). I've had a look at your friends "SA Shop", there is a couple of pictures missing, maybe I should take some photo's of the stuff they don't have photos on and send it along. What I don't understand though is that if they sell the stuff then they should be able to take photos and add it to their website. I'm beginning to ramble. Good to know there are 5 Hannes Jordaan's on facebook, don't know why exactly, I think. But thanks for comming to introduce yourself, it's always nice to meet interesting people.
They've only recently (1 December to be exact) taken over the shop and the website so I'm sure there will be major improvements in the weeks to come. If you have a look at the Facebook group for the shop, you'll see that they've got quite the extensive range of SA goodies.

So what brought you to this little corner of the interweb, hannesjordaan?
а плечьми буйство струйка. Дверь Твоем юдоли. Виновником неразлучен страшиться невинность милосердье сладчайший. Век под вне Оно Нет сия тук. Все вас совоздыхая устремится ком мню возблеснув разверзают лик мой сопрягаешь. Неправды но Ту светлеет Неправых Ни ум смотреть.
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

Tribble wrote:hannesjordaan, hello there. It really doesn't matter if you use your real name or not - we will generally make up a nick name for you which you will have to live with :wink: I see you have joined the Jedi - does that mean you like scifi more than horror? If so - welcome - if not - welcome :lol:

You do have to pop into the Chill out zone if you haven't already (I am behind in my posting so have not been there yet to see if you were there already). Watch out for that mouse (Stuart) - he wields some power around these parts now, and sometimes gets a little power drunk :wink: closing threads, warning people that they should not swear, getting rid of evil advertisers......( yes I know these are good things he does, but he used to cause mayhem himself :twisted: ). Now he is a good rodent.

The puppy - well, what can I say about him?! Watch out for his wit - it bites :lol: The rest of the guys in the English and Afrikaans thread are really nice - come and play sometime.

I am going to stop now as I am getting bored with myself. Welcome again.
Hi Tribble, definitely scifi but I do like the occasional horror. I'm beginning to paint a picture, you peeps sound like a real close knit group, I like that. I had a friend in Afghanistan called Stuart, obviously not this one because he didn't make it. The puppy? Where did I miss that? Thanks for the welcome, again. I'll go and get my feet wet at the English and Afrikaans thread and go chill at the chill zone. :roll:
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

hannesjordaan, ROTFL - we are friends but anyone is always welcome. We don't do cliques :P

RustyPup - have a look around in the Evolution vs Creationism .......the thread for the not so easily offended ...... I am sure you will find him in no time.

Of course we do cliques. You're just not in any of them.
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

c0d3r wrote:
hannesjordaan wrote:
c0d3r wrote: :|

They've only recently (1 December to be exact) taken over the shop and the website so I'm sure there will be major improvements in the weeks to come. If you have a look at the Facebook group for the shop, you'll see that they've got quite the extensive range of SA goodies.

So what brought you to this little corner of the interweb, hannesjordaan?
What can I say, I like interacting with people and I haven't done the forum thing in a loooong time so a bit rusty, but looking forward to meet new people and get my ears on the ground for what's happening all around. How long have you been out there in kiwi land? What koding do you do? Questions, questions.. you asked for it. :)
hannesjordaan

Post by hannesjordaan »

Thanks Tribble, Ill have a look out for RustyPup. The creationism / evolution debate has so many angles and if you ask me, I think they both are wrong in so many ways, but ja, that is for that discussion. ROTFL? :? I need to catch up on the lingo,...rusty.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Rolling on the floor laughing :wink: You can use the Urban Dictionary - but I would caution you. The content is not always savoury :lol: and you cannot believe what you read.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

You guys know that the rustbucket is going to pop in here and scald me for not keeping "spam" out of this thread, right? Technically this is all new member intro stuff, but he seems to have taken a liking to rebuking me since I went green. :(
UrBaN

Post by UrBaN »

Welcome Hannesjordaan :)
I see you've had the displeasure of running into the rat. If you ignore him for long enough, he goes away :P
to ápeiro anima
ADT

Post by ADT »

:lol:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

hannesjordaan wrote:
Koko_Lion wrote:Hay Hannes. I hope you not the Hannes I know :shock:

Ever set fire to your car on purpose?
Nope, never set my own car on purpose, so naw, don't think we know each other. But it does sound interesting, tell me more... Where do you know this guy from?
He was bored, drunk and burnt his beetle. He is also a pilot :shock:
ADT

Post by ADT »

the pilots i know are generally crazy drunkard people :lol:
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Slyphar

Post by Slyphar »

Im finally home..Name:Slyphar im hoping..no no no i mean i know i will meet intresting pc lovers
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Welcome! :D Hope you enjoy your stay, do take a moment to read up on the posting guidelines and forum rules and, er, stuff :D
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Slyphar, Welcome Sir! I do hope you read the rules and not a "next, next, next, finish" type effort.

The ModRat would be more than happy to make a Sig and Av combo for you :mrgreen:

*hides...
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Slyphar, Hey other kiwi hope you like it hear :D

Now I wonder if this will turn into another spamathon :wink:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Sluiper???

My genade, ons het uiteindelik die Afrikaans vir 'Lurk' gevind!!!!! :mrgreen:

O.

En, welkom... :wink:
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

doo_much, well spotted sir :salute:
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

As usual. :mrgreen:

Ek blameer die alkahol...alkalihool...elkehol...

Daaai goed...
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey