The official NFS Most Wanted thread!!!

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
Leprechaun

Post by Leprechaun »

Just an example: Veilside sooped a Skyline GTR @1017 BHP and had a top end run of almost 350km/h on a 1 km straight. It would've done more if the head gasket did'nt pop. If you can find a movie called "High Octane 2000" where they had a speed trial. The slowes was a MX 5 at 285 km/h and this was 5 years ago! The other thing is that these cars are owned by ppl that ride them every day on the roads.
jPm

Post by jPm »

If thers One thing i hate about NFS is that its tooo easy, way too easy, it makes any noobish gamer look good, unlike the GT series

Maybe EA should have enabled DAMAGE, then most ppl wouldnt get too far, and it be more of a challenge
Leprechaun

Post by Leprechaun »

I agree jPm. I still don't get what EA meant about damage.The cop cars get damaged but not your car. And it would've been a greater challenge with the damage. But non the less it's still a nice game :)
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

You know what, The NeedForSpeed Underground to Most wanted was NEVER about realism.... Its an arcade racer, Most people know when purchasing the game

But its a great game non the less, Its alot of fun and pretty addictive... Do you know how many of my buddies just dont play GT4 anymore cause its just getting way to hard for them.... They dont have the time to study car setups and tracks ect ect ect....

Need for Speed MW captivates the whole feeling of fun while playing, While not being tottaly unrealistic(ok maybe with top speeds :P )

Its a good game and you cant really compare it to a simulation type racer, youve gotta compare appples with apples
AlphA

More than 4 players in LAN game?

Post by AlphA »

Is it possible tok play with more than 4 players in the LAN game?
simmy

Post by simmy »

LAN = 4 Players :|
... and does it work the same as Underground? IP, Gateway, etc?

After having the game for almost 2 weeks, last nite I saw in QuickRace mode(?) the Bonus Cars, do the normal version have these Bonus cars?

...and the BMW sounds **** (gear take forever to change), thats the bonus one, not the one Razor took.
Leprechaun

Post by Leprechaun »

LAN is better in this 1 simmy. Just create a game & let your buddies join.
The BE has 2 extra cars , GT2 & a 67 Camero. The Beemer does sound crap ,but I think it's cause it's still pretty standard when you ride it at the start of the game. I also hope that when I get it back from Razor that I can soop it or it is sooped & sounds better.
simmy

Post by simmy »

Leprechaun wrote:LAN is better in this 1 simmy. Just create a game & let your buddies join.
The BE has 2 extra cars , GT2 & a 67 Camero. The Beemer does sound crap ,but I think it's cause it's still pretty standard when you ride it at the start of the game. I also hope that when I get it back from Razor that I can soop it or it is sooped & sounds better.
Thanks Lep.

The bonus one is standard, but the one Razor has, which is locked til i complete Career Mode, is Suuuuuped up to the maxx. i think so (?) :?

and can you modify those cars, no?, I tried.

Also in the Cars folder there is a 350Z and three BMW's folders :?
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Leprechaun wrote:Clocked my Carrera GT AT 388km/p :twisted: Man thisthing is fast.
you know what the fastest car on the road is today? In top speed its the McLaren F1, in acceleration its the Ferrari F40. Both these cars are over 10 years old! I watched an episode of Top Gear about 2 weeks ago and Jeremy Clarckson slamed all new super cars, including the Carrera GT. Its kinda sad when you think about it, all new super cars have all this electronic wizzardry but all the manufacturers are concerned with safety and so make the cars slower. All I ahve to say to Laborghini, Ferrari and Porsche is this:

IF I WANT SAFETY I WILL BUY A VOLVO! DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM WORRIED ABOUT BEING SAFE WHEN I AM TRAVELLING AT OVER 300km/h?

stupid...
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

GreyWolf wrote: you know what the fastest car on the road is today? In top speed its the McLaren F1, in acceleration its the Ferrari F40. Both these cars are over 10 years old! I watched an episode of Top Gear about 2 weeks ago and Jeremy Clarckson slamed all new super cars, including the Carrera GT
Man i love that show, Always testing the best of the best

GreyWolf wrote: IF I WANT SAFETY I WILL BUY A VOLVO! DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM WORRIED ABOUT BEING SAFE WHEN I AM TRAVELLING AT OVER 300km/h?
stupid...
But think about it this way... cars are getting faster but more people are dying because of speed. The Governments of the world ban fast cars and everyone sits with thier finger up thier butts, and the everyone gets to drive a generic piece of junk lets say bmw or summin :p all built not to go over a certian speed limit

Let them make it safe first, a few loong years later we can have superfast cars and theyll be safe

my2c
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

The milestone challenges are getting tough, especially when you need 28 cops to chase you, but yeah good game.

How far are some of you guys?

Im around 54%
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
jPm

Post by jPm »

Lan play is awesome, except for the feature that states all cars have same performance, which yes it is to make them similar, but very unrealistic, because you can pick a fiat and the other person and Porsche Cayman S or whatever and the Fiat will be the same speed, which is FUNNY!!!

Cops are getting a bit hectic atm, btw has anybody finishd the challengde mode yet? theres some very nice races there

Also is there in career can you buy the bmw gtr? coz i would love that car back again
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

I'm 77% through the game, only dude left is Razor. I have a Lamborgini Gallarado, Ford GT and an Aston Martin DB9 all modded to the max.
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
daBoss

Post by daBoss »

The Need for Speed Most Wanted "Showcase" begins today on the official website. Click the link below and you can submit a picture of your car and possibly get it featured on the site. Show off your wheels! For you PC fans, you'll also find a patch (patch 1.3) that will fix a few things you've been asking about. It's all at the link below. Ride on!

http://www.theroadcrew.net/go.php?b=268
Intel 2.13 Ghz Core 2 Duo
MSI P35 Neo 3
2Gig Transcent DDR2 800
320gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Seagate
250gig SATA2 Maxtor
512MB 8800GT XFX
Asus SATA DvDWriter
600w PSU
Coolermaster Cavalier
Dual Display 22\\\" & 17\\\"
simmy

Post by simmy »

Thanx for the link dBss , but that site is to "busy", 'te veel goet wat wil load' :)

EA GAMES(tm) presents
Need for Speed(tm) Most Wanted PC Patch 1.3 README

Bug Fixes
==========
* Fixed problem with user not being returned to the offline main menu when losing
their connection.
* Users are no longer returned to the offline main menu after a LAN race.
* Fixed host hanging in an empty game room after exiting a race.
* Users are now able to find LAN races created through Quick Race.
* Fixed issue where the game will softlock and lose focus when clicking on 'Continue' in the [create new account]
screen when information is entered but not confirmed in one of the first four fields.
* Corrected number of laps in Knockout race event in Blacklist 15.
* Fixed problem where users are disconnected from LAN after finishing a race.
* Fixed issue with backround disappearing when mouse clicking the 'Statistics' button during the Hurry Up timer.
* Fixed a crash in the Foreign Registration Alert screen if the user clicks the back button.
* Fixed a crash when backing out and re-entering the Rap Sheet using the mouse.
* Clicking the back button during the Rap Sheet intro now returns the user to the Main Menu.
* Fixed issue with the interior of the car sometimes disappearing during gameplay.
* Fixed performance parts not showing up unless profile loaded.

(C) 2005 Electronic Arts Inc. All rights reserved.

END OF Need for Speed Most Wanted PC PATCH 1.3 README
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

hmm nothing about the crash to desktop after doing a milestone challange... Ill install the patch and see if it sorts it out...

I tried it again the other night and it did the same thing, So basically ive just left the game until they sort it out..
I really hope its sorted out now.. Cause if i do one more bounty and it kicks me back to desktop im gonna format everyones pc that i know
Leprechaun

Post by Leprechaun »

you know what the fastest car on the road is today? In top speed its the McLaren F1, in acceleration its the Ferrari F40. Both these cars are over 10 years old! I watched an episode of Top Gear about 2 weeks ago and Jeremy Clarckson slamed all new super cars, including the Carrera GT. Its kinda sad when you think about it, all new super cars have all this electronic wizzardry but all the manufacturers are concerned with safety and so make the cars slower. All I ahve to say to Laborghini, Ferrari and Porsche is this:

IF I WANT SAFETY I WILL BUY A VOLVO! DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM WORRIED ABOUT BEING SAFE WHEN I AM TRAVELLING AT OVER 300km/h?

stupid...
Hmmm.... don't wanna sound snotty here ,but i've been on this earth for a while now.I do know that the Mclaren F1 is the fastest recorded car in the world. There was also your Corvette Callaway that was even faster than the F1 and about 4 years before the F1. The Carrera GT started out as a consept car and only a few was built. It was never intended for the GT to be a supercar. I suppose EA put it in the game cause it's exotic?

Anyway I can't afford to have most of the cars in the game & I drive like an elderly in real life. That's why they make games like this so we don't do it on the road. Anything over 120 on the highways here is either a fat ticket or a jail term.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Just got my copy yesterday! Man is it awesome!
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Leprechaun, was the callaway a full production model? Sounds like an after market perfromance mod. Kind of like what brabus does for mercedes? I understand your point about driving speed, but if you are building a super car that already goes over double the speed limit, why stop there?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Leprechaun

Post by Leprechaun »

I dunno GreyWolf. Why don't we ever stop making our pc's faster?
Maybe it's a marketing thing like Grand Prix. Everybody was running around with there red caps & shirts ,but now you don't see them much anymore.Maybe they wanna see how far they can push an already fast car.Why do ppl spend so much money on a drag car just to last 4 sec?
I suppose it's a hobby to most ppl just trying to make a buck or 2. Many times a car starts out as a prototipe and the manufacturar sees an interest and produces them.The F50 was made to celebrate Farrari and only 349 was made.There is 3 rulz before you can have 1.You must be a known customer to a Farrari dealer, you cant drive it slow & you have to have the money for it. All I can say is that some guys do make nice mods and do take a lot of BHP out of cars that is just a car to us.But sometimes they overdo it & you know what there is even ppl that like that :? As far as I can remember the Callaway was an aftermarket jobby ,but non the less it is still fast. I don't think manufacurars like Merc ,Volvo etc. will ever make a car from the production line that can go all the way. BMW for instance limits most if not all there cars to 250 km/h.
jPm

Post by jPm »

Has anybody tryed do up a Renault CLEO V6, coz i am only 51 percent complete, and my top speed is 360km/h, that is pretty unusual!!!! because i dont have any level 3 part in my car,except for no level 3(ultiMATE).

mY cousin is in the same house and on lan, and he is way ahead of me, with alot more stuff unliocked but his cab can only reach abt 325km/h

How fast can the CLEO actualy go?

I won that lamborghini Gallardo, and put level 3 nos, coz everything else it had was ultimate, which i havnt unlocked yet, and it doesnt compare to my renault CLEO v6, surely there is a problem in the game, because even on LAN the car is mad fast
Hellfury

Post by Hellfury »

The Lamborgini Gallarado kiks clio badly, that is if you have all level 3 parts. I suggest getting the Lamborgini Murcialago(I know my spelling sucks :oops: ). It has max top speed and handling and is not far from top acceleration. At the moment I have the lambo gallarado, lambo murcialago, ford gt, aston martin DB9 and the BMW M3 GTR which really sucks.
AMD FX 8120 @4.7Ghz |Antec Kuhler 920 |ASUS Sabertooth 990fx| 16Gb DDR3 1866 Vengeance|GTX 460 1gb |OCZ Vertex 3 60gb (OS) + HyperX 240Gb (Games)|2tb+320gb+250gb(x3)+160gb hdds| CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w| Aerocool Strike X ST| Dell 23" LED LCD |Windows 8 Pro x64
simmy

Post by simmy »

Finally Unlocked. :inlove:

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Life over 300km/h, and it can go faster :)

Owned! :| Oh Noes!!1

style121

Post by style121 »

Simmy, I get the exact same error. Man, I hope they sort it out in a patch of some sort, cause its starting to get irritating
simmy

Post by simmy »

EISH!

just happened once, hope it doesnt again cos im +-75% complete ...
I thought it was becos I run disk1 from an image :rockedover: